The Falkirk FC Thread

41 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Yeats is the one and only player I have seen in the last four years that if signed, has the potential to become saleable asset.

I think that's the disadvantage of being hamstrung with so many contracted inept players. We might be unable to sign players we'd ideally like to prioritise other positions.

Or McGlynn might sign Yeats tomorrow! 

Edited by Ross B

6 hours ago, TheScarf said:

It's amazing how many fans of clubs in the Championship and League One think their board can 'stretch the budget to get one of 2 new faces in'.  It doesn't work like that.  Managers get their budget and that's it.  If they spunk it on shite like you have the last 3/4 years, or Dunfermline last year, then it's tough luck.  Our fans are guilty of it to, do these fans think the chairmen is holding money back from the manager?  They're given what the club can afford.

In fact, the term 'stretch the budget' should be banned on this website.  It does my c**t in.

What does my c**t in is those calling for the Board to give McGlynn more cash on here and on the clubs Facebook page were big supporters of the previous regime who spunked most of the cash on the shite we have on the books. 

4 hours ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

If I was Jaime Wilson, I’d be sitting out the last year of my contract as a full-time footballer, knowing no other club is ever going to sign me in that capacity again. Might as well while he can - can’t blame him for that.

See I was thinking about this last night and he's bound to know that's his career's done in football so surely at 25 you've got to think about having to forge a career for yourself outside of football so do you really want to just waste your time for another year knowing fine well you're the laughing stock of the club and you've not got a sniff of playing.

That's assuming we offer him some sort of pay off right enough.

4 hours ago, Brian Carrigan said:

Any idea who your trialists have been? Reasonably good chance we’ll be sniffing about your potential cast offs.

The last time we signed a trialist who turned out well was Lee Miller in 2015. Before him probably Rory Loy in 2013 or Lyle Taylor and Luke Leahy in 2012. 

If you're sniffing about our cast-offs you're in trouble. 

See I was thinking about this last night and he's bound to know that's his career's done in football so surely at 25 you've got to think about having to forge a career for yourself outside of football so do you really want to just waste your time for another year knowing fine well you're the laughing stock of the club and you've not got a sniff of playing.
Yeah when folk talk about players sitting tight and taking the money, I'm not sure that applies at a Jaime Wilson level.

Does he really want to sit playing no football for a year, but unable to go and seek the beginnings of a career that will last the rest of his days on likely better money.

Just purchased my season ticket to allow the board to stretch the budget and bring Ethan Ross in after his trial. 

Heard he’s been lighting up the training ground as well this week. Only a matter of time until he signs imo.

4 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Sit tight, take the money, then go out on loan to a part-time club at the end of August. Best of both worlds.

7 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Sit tight, take the money, then go out on loan to a part-time club at the end of August. Best of both worlds.

That's assuming he can find a part time team to take him. He scored 1 goal in 10 games for Elgin on loan last year so I doubt they'll be queuing up.

Also even if he did go out on loan we'd still have him training full time with us at the same time, not exactly going to give him all the time off he wants to start a full time job whilst we're paying him his contract all year.

Edited by FFC 1876

12 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

The last time we signed a trialist who turned out well was Lee Miller in 2015. Before him probably Rory Loy in 2013 or Lyle Taylor and Luke Leahy in 2012. 

If you're sniffing about our cast-offs you're in trouble. 

Will Vaulks was also on trial

1 minute ago, Andy Dufresne said:

Will Vaulks was also on trial

True. I forgot about him as I was looking at the stats for pre-season but he arrived in February 2013 so it was just as long ago as the others. 

We haven't had much luck with trialist finds for a very long time. 

52 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Problem with this is you have absolutely no idea of his level of intelligence or potential skill set.

He may well be the dressing room Trigger and would be struggling to get a job above minimum wage far less a well paying career.

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

Yeah when folk talk about players sitting tight and taking the money, I'm not sure that applies at a Jaime Wilson level.

Does he really want to sit playing no football for a year, but unable to go and seek the beginnings of a career that will last the rest of his days on likely better money.

What he can do is take the money for a year and still enrol himself into some sort of night class so he can find another job when his contract expires. In fact, he might be able to enrol himself in some afternoon classes and get himself out there as a personal trainer.