The Falkirk FC Thread

2 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Aye it would need to be a mutual agreement job.  Basically 'Can we agree on £10k and you can f**k off?'

Edit - We did it with Duku in January, Dodds realised he's screwed up by signing him and that he wasn't good enough so we paid him off and signed Samuels.  A clear upgrade too, which was nice.

I know for a fact we've done it in the past - get rid of guys who had a year + on their contract for less than their contract would've been worth.

However, if the player says - "No. I'm happy to train every week and sit in the stand on match day", there is f**k all the club can do about it. In these times I can hardly blame them. 

3 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

I know for a fact we've done it in the past - get rid of guys who had a year + on their contract for less than their contract would've been worth.

However, if the player says - "No. I'm happy to train every week and sit in the stand on match day", there is f**k all the club can do about it. In these times I can hardly blame them. 

Aye in that case you're screwed.  All you can do is pay them and curse the useless bastard who signed them.

2 hours ago, TheScarf said:

It's amazing how many fans of clubs in the Championship and League One think their board can 'stretch the budget to get one of 2 new faces in'.  It doesn't work like that.  Managers get their budget and that's it.  If they spunk it on shite like you have the last 3/4 years, or Dunfermline last year, then it's tough luck.  Our fans are guilty of it to, do these fans think the chairmen is holding money back from the manager?  They're given what the club can afford.

In fact, the term 'stretch the budget' should be banned on this website.  It does my c**t in.

But surely the budget could be stretched slightly...

2 hours ago, Passionate said:

Killie binned him in the summer,  can see him getting signed up by ourselves we have no left sided players at present..

He didn't really get much of a game for us and at the time he was only 17/18 so it was hard to judge as he clearly wasn't ready for first team football. Is the lad you've sign Justin Devenney related to him? As did he not just come from Killie too.

6 minutes ago, Brian Carrigan said:

Any idea who your trialists have been? Reasonably good chance we’ll be sniffing about your potential cast offs.

Benni Smales-Braithwaite Played on Friday but nowhere to be seen last night plus Finn Yeats who’s played both games. Yeats done well and definitely has something to offer. 

The rest are u18 players.

Any idea who your trialists have been? Reasonably good chance we’ll be sniffing about your potential cast offs.

Aye we’ve had the young boy from Southampton who was brutal, Finn Yeats young boy released from Aberdeen who’s looked really good and I’m hoping we give him a new deal, Ethan Ross and a whole bunch of 16/17 year olds that will more than likely be looking to be signed for our under 18’s so not much for you guys to be potentially looking at.

If I was Jaime Wilson, I’d be sitting out the last year of my contract as a full-time footballer, knowing no other club is ever going to sign me in that capacity again. Might as well while he can - can’t blame him for that.

Aye likes of him, Holt and Seb Ross know there’s absolutely nae chance of getting another full time deal anywhere so will more than likely just sit tight and take the money for the year. I’d do the same if I was them.

There’s not enough words to express just how ridiculous it was that we had Jaime Wilson on trial and still gave him a 2 year deal. Just a stunning piece of business.

3 minutes ago, Russ said:

Aye likes of him, Holt and Seb Ross know there’s absolutely nae chance of getting another full time deal anywhere so will more than likely just sit tight and take the money for the year. I’d do the same if I was them.

There’s not enough words to express just how ridiculous it was that we had Jaime Wilson on trial and still gave him a 2 year deal. Just a stunning piece of business.

It’s the 2 year bit that is incredible. As if Jaime Wilson would’ve turned us down if Holt had only offered him a 1 year deal.

I sometimes wonder if acts of genuine, active sabotage have been enacted on this club in recent times 

13 minutes ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

Does anyone actually know if Holt has got another gig? Haven't heard of him since he fucked off.

Fully expect him to show up at the shit show that is opengoal fc.

Yeats looks a good player and better than what we had in midfield last season but isnt really what we're screaming out for. If we only have a budget for another two players I don't think he's the type of player we most need. If we can rid of Hetherington or some of the others from last season then sign him up.

11 minutes ago, Ross B said:

Yeats looks a good player and better than what we had in midfield last season but isnt really what we're screaming out for. If we only have a budget for another two players I don't think he's the type of player we most need. If we can rid of Hetherington or some of the others from last season then sign him up.

Yeats is the one and only player I have seen in the last four years that if signed, has the potential to become saleable asset.

1 hour ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

Does anyone actually know if Holt has got another gig? Haven't heard of him since he fucked off.

He was interviewed on something called PLZ Soccer which you can find on YouTube. I don't recommend it. Talks about wanting to work abroad and makes some dubious claims about his first spell at Falkirk.

1 minute ago, cbhaf said:

He was interviewed on something called PLZ Soccer which you can find on YouTube. I don't recommend it. Talks about wanting to work abroad and makes some dubious claims about his first spell at Falkirk.

He was an arrogant c**t the first time and was an arrogant c**t the second time. 

He's the worst guy to ever walk through the door in the clubs history.