The Falkirk FC Thread

I thought Yates was poor to begin with but really grew into the game and had another very good performance. Mackie and McKay were solid again together. My biggest worry and I’m sure it’s a worry to every single Falkirk fan is that I don’t see where the goals are coming from. All fine and well signing a striker or two but will they be good enough? Time will tell but my confidence isn’t high. We created next to nothing which was a similar tale to last season. 

Edited by Tea and Busquets

8 minutes ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

I'm not pointing fingers or blaming anyone and the financial reality of it obviously makes it a little bit difficult (as well as the fact no one likely wants them), but I am a little disappointed at how little of the dross from last season we haven't been able to catapult. I wasn't expecting wholesale, but I did think a couple more would have been shifted.

I think that day is coming. Mcglynn probably wants to give some of them a chance first. Don't think he'll have been too impressed tonight with McCann, Hetherington, Williamson or Wilson. Morrison wasn't too great either but we know he can turn it on.

Took in the friendly tonight. 

I know it was only a friendly and there's still 2 months of the transfer window to go but my god we are so toothless up top. There's really nothing there to work with. We have to keep the ball for ages to make an opening but we seem to need those doing the creating to be the players finishing off the chances we do create. 

Defensively we looked reasonably sound with only Darryl Duffy's chip looking the only way Stranraer were scoring. Being honest I wouldn't have minded seeing that go in as it might have woke some of our players up. 

Yeats/Yates the clear standout, hope he gets signed up. Tonight was the first time I've seen Jaime Wilson, how did Holt possibly consider him an upgrade on Keena and Dowds? He's probably worse than Taylor Morgan

Can anybody confirm if the Stranraer player was given a straight red or was it two yellows? I only saw the red but I read an earlier comment about two yellows. Thought Mackie was lucky not to go too. 

Oh and the Stranraer manager and assistant are a pair of utter bellends. 

Arrived at the stadium and a steward at the gate greeted me and then asked if I was in the Home end or Away end.

I replied “home”

He said “oh, I will have to give you a rub down search”

And then proceeded to rub me down. Wonder why he needed to find out if I was home or away first? [emoji1787]

4 minutes ago, LauriestonBairn said:

Arrived at the stadium and a steward at the gate greeted me and then asked if I was in the Home end or Away end.

I replied “home”

He said “oh, I will have to give you a rub down search”

And then proceeded to rub me down. Wonder why he needed to find out if I was home or away first? emoji1787.png

Didn’t want to touch any Stranraer tinks!

3 minutes ago, FK1Bairn said:

That looks worse than I remember at the time. The Stranraer manager was complaining to the stand side assistant about the red card. 

Aye was the other side of the park but did see Hammill argue with the linesmen at stand side and he gestured it was a tackle above the ankle, probably the only call the red got right all game to be fair.

That looks worse than I remember at the time. The Stranraer manager was complaining to the stand side assistant about the red card. 

Not sure anyone could blame Mackie for reacting to a career ending tackle like that in a pre-season friendly.

Disgraceful…..

9 hours ago, Russ said:

I don’t think he’s quite lost that much pace but he’s got absolutely zero stamina. Does well to get forward in support then takes fucking ages to get back. Also when he does eventually get he’s a fucking rotten defender.

Still my favourite quote from last season after I had written that he runs like Bambi scampering to get back to defend. Someone came back and said “Naw that’s not right. He runs like wean chasing a balloon”. That is so utterly perfect a description of what he is like. The guy looks miserable.

8 hours ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

Someone on here a while back (if it was you, please step up and take credit) said Williamson runs like a wean chasing a balloon and it's probably one of the best and most accurate descriptions of a player I've ever seen.

Oooops. My bad. See above.

We started with only 2 new signings and trialist, the rest are a hangover from a diabolical season and there's a reason we finished sixth. I've no doubt McGlynn knows the majority are duds but he's got a massive job on his hands to turn even 2 or 3 of them around. If he can get rid of a few, wheel and deal, loans etc,we could be looking at a new starting 11 by the time the league starts. Let's no kid ourselves, that's what we need to challenge this season, we simply can't rely on last seasons failures, which was evident once again last night.

Think at this level a decent striker is the hardest position to fill. Every club is looking for a goalscorer and there aren’t that many decent ones around. Think the best bet is to try and get a younger player, a Stokes like loan signing who finds a bit of form and bags a few goals. A youngster with maybe an older guy who is willing to drop to this level could do the trick, but don’t ask me who’s out there in the older guy market. It’s a hard job finding decent strikers.

2 hours ago, Syd Puddefoot said:

We started with only 2 new signings and trialist, the rest are a hangover from a diabolical season and there's a reason we finished sixth. I've no doubt McGlynn knows the majority are duds but he's got a massive job on his hands to turn even 2 or 3 of them around. If he can get rid of a few, wheel and deal, loans etc,we could be looking at a new starting 11 by the time the league starts. Let's no kid ourselves, that's what we need to challenge this season, we simply can't rely on last seasons failures, which was evident once again last night.

Wasn’t at the game but same theme throughout past couple of pages. Reality is we’ve kept so much shite and without some masterclass  ie (Jeffries McCall) who pulled so many rabbits out the hat, I’m genuinely worried that M&S are now fully understanding of the massive task that lies ahead. Some on here are obviously more relaxed (or ITK) as still five weeks to wheel and deal, however as days close in getting players to sign normally means the shite players are the ones left and we’ve had or fill of these. Same shite players are mentioned all the time on here, McGlynns no idiot and hoping the bod are working hard to support the new gaffer. 

4 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Wasn’t at the game but same theme throughout past couple of pages. Reality is we’ve kept so much shite and without some masterclass  ie (Jeffries McCall) who pulled so many rabbits out the hat, I’m genuinely worried that M&S are now fully understanding of the massive task that lies ahead. Some on here are obviously more relaxed (or ITK) as still five weeks to wheel and deal, however as days close in getting players to sign normally means the shite players are the ones left and we’ve had or fill of these. Same shite players are mentioned all the time on here, McGlynns no idiot and hoping the bod are working hard to support the new gaffer. 

It’s the exact opposite of that - the quality can take time to weigh up options, or the quality comes from premier clubs loaning out their surplus to requirements (but usually only after a pre season). 

We are nowhere near done in terms of recruitment but fan patience required