The Falkirk FC Thread

59 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Anyone wanting a tenner on Ruth scoring more goals than Gary Oliver this season? Obviously still got players to come back from injuries but we're way short all over the park.

Most Oliver's got in a season previously is 7 so could well be right. He's not a prolific striker. Hopefully the other strikers will be though.

45 minutes ago, Rocco said:

I’m all for giving guys a chance but my god Jaime Wilson is dreadful. I actually feel sorry for the guy

I don't he's never a professional footballer in a million years. How the hell he hasn't cottoned on to the fact a career change might be better yonks ago suggests he's not got much between the lugs either. 

5 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

I don't he's never a professional footballer in a million years. How the hell he hasn't cottoned on to the fact a career change might be better yonks ago suggests he's not got much between the lugs either. 

I’ve got a feeling that, quite soon, McGlynn will be taking him aside along with a few others and making that very suggestion. Here’s a bit of cash - now off you go.

6 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

Or maybe he’s cottoned onto the fact that as long as there are thick c***s like Holt and Sheerin involved in Scottish football then he can earn a wage by being pish at what he does ? In fact maybe he’s very clever ?

Most of the guys starting tonight are from last season. No great shock we struggle to break down well organised opposition. I reckon Mcglynn will be well aware of what's needed and where.. Some positives though.. Yeats done ok again, Nesbit looked up for it. Felt McKay and Mackie looked comfortable. Saying that, Williamson wasn't great, Oliver struggled and Wilson is so far out of his depth it's concerning. We really struggled to keep the ball up top. A real lack of cutting edge or creativity. 

I'm not pointing fingers or blaming anyone and the financial reality of it obviously makes it a little bit difficult (as well as the fact no one likely wants them), but I am a little disappointed at how little of the dross from last season we haven't been able to catapult. I wasn't expecting wholesale, but I did think a couple more would have been shifted.

Edited by 18BAIRN76

Just now, Dawson Park Boy said:

I’ve got a feeling that, quite soon, McGlynn will be taking him aside along with a few others and making that very suggestion. Here’s a bit of cash - now off you go.

I've got the feeling we don't have said bit of cash in order for McGlynn to have the luxury of doing that.

Donaldson, Henderson and McGinn still to come back in as starters when they recover from injuries but we've absolutely nothing upfront. 

Really surprised we don't have more trialists in at the moment other than all the youngsters. Yeats has done enough to earn himself a deal.

I thought Yates was poor to begin with but really grew into the game and had another very good performance. Mackie and McKay were solid again together. My biggest worry and I’m sure it’s a worry to every single Falkirk fan is that I don’t see where the goals are coming from. All fine and well signing a striker or two but will they be good enough? Time will tell but my confidence isn’t high. We created next to nothing which was a similar tale to last season. 

Edited by Tea and Busquets

8 minutes ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

I'm not pointing fingers or blaming anyone and the financial reality of it obviously makes it a little bit difficult (as well as the fact no one likely wants them), but I am a little disappointed at how little of the dross from last season we haven't been able to catapult. I wasn't expecting wholesale, but I did think a couple more would have been shifted.

I think that day is coming. Mcglynn probably wants to give some of them a chance first. Don't think he'll have been too impressed tonight with McCann, Hetherington, Williamson or Wilson. Morrison wasn't too great either but we know he can turn it on.

Took in the friendly tonight. 

I know it was only a friendly and there's still 2 months of the transfer window to go but my god we are so toothless up top. There's really nothing there to work with. We have to keep the ball for ages to make an opening but we seem to need those doing the creating to be the players finishing off the chances we do create. 

Defensively we looked reasonably sound with only Darryl Duffy's chip looking the only way Stranraer were scoring. Being honest I wouldn't have minded seeing that go in as it might have woke some of our players up. 

Yeats/Yates the clear standout, hope he gets signed up. Tonight was the first time I've seen Jaime Wilson, how did Holt possibly consider him an upgrade on Keena and Dowds? He's probably worse than Taylor Morgan

Can anybody confirm if the Stranraer player was given a straight red or was it two yellows? I only saw the red but I read an earlier comment about two yellows. Thought Mackie was lucky not to go too. 

Oh and the Stranraer manager and assistant are a pair of utter bellends. 

Arrived at the stadium and a steward at the gate greeted me and then asked if I was in the Home end or Away end.

I replied “home”

He said “oh, I will have to give you a rub down search”

And then proceeded to rub me down. Wonder why he needed to find out if I was home or away first? [emoji1787]

4 minutes ago, LauriestonBairn said:

Arrived at the stadium and a steward at the gate greeted me and then asked if I was in the Home end or Away end.

I replied “home”

He said “oh, I will have to give you a rub down search”

And then proceeded to rub me down. Wonder why he needed to find out if I was home or away first? emoji1787.png

Didn’t want to touch any Stranraer tinks!

3 minutes ago, FK1Bairn said:

That looks worse than I remember at the time. The Stranraer manager was complaining to the stand side assistant about the red card. 

Aye was the other side of the park but did see Hammill argue with the linesmen at stand side and he gestured it was a tackle above the ankle, probably the only call the red got right all game to be fair.

That looks worse than I remember at the time. The Stranraer manager was complaining to the stand side assistant about the red card. 

Not sure anyone could blame Mackie for reacting to a career ending tackle like that in a pre-season friendly.

Disgraceful…..