The Falkirk FC Thread

2 hours ago, Rocco said:

Nesbitt just isn’t good enough to be a number 10. He has energy but he creates little to nothing and he doesn’t have an eye for goal as can be seen by his poor attempt to get onto the end of that cross on Friday

Ahem

2 hours ago, Otis Blue said:

Pretty well my recollection of watching Nesbitt a few times when he played for Morton against Queens. He's a busy, neat and tricky wee player but he always seemed to lack the final ball or a sharp finish ... he's no doubt going to destroy us now ... 🫤

Tidy player but lacks that 20% in his game which is why he is plodding in league one

2 hours ago, Marshmallo said:

The season starts in 10 days. The league is more important but we shouldn't just be writing off the League Cup.

The competition is a joke now and once again we will see top league teams gettting beat from teams our level or below as it's pre season friendlies for some of them. We used to make 5 or so changes when we were a championship club in this competition.

I want to win every game but this tournament starts far too early to be taken seriously, especially when a world cup or euros is still ongoing whilst it's on. 

Edited by MrDust

The competition is a joke now and once again we will top league teams gettting beat from teams our level or below as it's pre season friendlies for some of them. We used to make 5 or so changes when we were a championship club in this competition.
I want to win every game but this tournament starts far too early to be taken seriously, especially when a world cup or euros is still ongoing whilst it's on. 

I don’t know. I’m looking forward to a trip to Bonnyrigg and a home game against Hibs….

Just now, bairn88 said:

Followed the game through Stranraer’s excellent twitter updates - wish ours were as good as theirs - really thought that would’ve been sorted over the close season. 

To be fair I think they are all on holiday looked like just wee Lewis Connolly manning the fort tonight with no FTV either because of the lack of folk I'm guessing.

1 minute ago, FFC 1876 said:

Anyone wanting a tenner on Ruth scoring more goals than Gary Oliver this season? Obviously still got players to come back from injuries but we're way short all over the park.

Got to give M&S the benefit of doubt/trust that they’ve got players identified. Got a hunch that it’s maybe a max of three to come in, any further numbers will depend on punting the shite still here. Not at game tonight so looking forward to any posts from fellow supporters.

55 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Got to give M&S the benefit of doubt/trust that they’ve got players identified. Got a hunch that it’s maybe a max of three to come in, any further numbers will depend on punting the shite still here. Not at game tonight so looking forward to any posts from fellow supporters.

Yeats was the stand out, got more involved in the physical side of the game tonight as well. Dominated the first half without really doing anything but Oliver as the lone striker spends too much of his time out wide so there wasn't really much of a threat. Game got really scrappy second half with Mackie reacting to getting scythed down and the Stranraer player receiving two yellows one for the foul and one for the handbags. Nothing really other of note in the second half other than Nesbitt hitting both posts with a shot from outside the box and Jaime Wilson missing a chance Jean would have scored.

Goal was brilliant play from twinkle toes Mcguffie as he jinked in between two of their players, played a one two with Oliver then cut it back for Nesbitt to tap in.

Edited by FFC 1876

3 hours ago, Rocco said:

Nesbitt just isn’t good enough to be a number 10. He has energy but he creates little to nothing and he doesn’t have an eye for goal as can be seen by his poor attempt to get onto the end of that cross on Friday

Should have known this would come back to bite me. Even his chance in the second half off both posts was decent. 

I expect the team that starts the first league game will have a least 5 different players from tonight’s 11 but there is a lot of work to be done.
Finishing the game with Wilson and Malcolm up front was like watching the chuckle brothers. 

Second half wasn’t great bar the Mackie incident, imagine getting a sending off in a friendly plus a number of bookings. Their number 16 (trialist) trying to bully Yeats ( who was good again) throughout the game couldn’t get near him.

Wilson is probably ten times the player of any of us but he is genuinely like a competition winner playing for us, just not good enough for the SPFL. 

Williamson still gives me the fear.

Edited by gav-ffc