The Falkirk FC Thread

5 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

It's not stupid at all. 

Info like this that removes a barrier to entry - pardon the pun - is helpful and frees up a club employee to do something else instead of answering a phone all day. 

Go just give it a rest please, even for a day or two.

Edited by BooBairn

I thought Williamson was incredibly disappointing last year, it really looks like injuries have done him in and he never really delivered on the "good going forward" part of the deal to accept his defensive shortcomings. He'd be in the trebuchet for me.

1 hour ago, FFC 1876 said:

Aye he's ok going forward when he gets his gallop on and has a decent delivery but defensively he's woeful. 

1 hour ago, Russ said:

I don’t think he’s quite lost that much pace but he’s got absolutely zero stamina. Does well to get forward in support then takes fucking ages to get back. Also when he does eventually get he’s a fucking rotten defender.

It's a shame, he was a very, very, very exciting player to watch when he first came into the scene, had a couple of howling injuries but even after that he got himself into the championship toty and Scotland U21 squad, I thought the move to Falkirk would be a good one for him and really help him his confidence. 

I think he really struggled with confidence towards the end of his time with us, it's a shame he hasn't found it since. 

2 minutes ago, _FFC1876 said:

I wonder if we’ll see Jaime Wilson and Seb Ross tonight, noticed that they didn’t feature on Friday, yet McGlynn didn’t mention them being injured. On their way out the door, perhaps?

Wilson was warming up with the other subs and someone's already said Seb Ross was sitting in the mainstand injured on Friday.

44 minutes ago, BooBairn said:

Go just give it a rest please, even for a day or two.

I'd rather spend my time discussing stuff that could be easily rectified and improve some supporters experience than worry about Jaime Wilson getting game time against Stranraer or analyse if Williamson will ever make a player.

That's been done to death on here too but I won't complain if others want to discuss it. 

Handily on P&B I can be ignored 👍

I don't think we will be anywhere near the title not with this squad. Unless we somehow shift some of last season's dross which is looking less likely by the day and McGlynn makes every signing still to come in a good one. We have nothing up front a the majority of last seasons shitebag midfield. 

Someone on here a while back (if it was you, please step up and take credit) said Williamson runs like a wean chasing a balloon and it's probably one of the best and most accurate descriptions of a player I've ever seen.

Edited by 18BAIRN76

Being realistic I think we’ll be very fortunate to get 4th place unless there is a significant injection of quality which is unlikely to happen going by Mcglynn’s comments.

We’ve improved on paper at centre half but are still 1 injury away from McKay starting there, Williamson won’t do at right back. Mcginn is the only decent midfielder we have- I wouldn’t want to rely on Nesbitt at all to be our number 10 for the season. 

There’s still absolutely no creativity in the side and nothing upfront.

Being honest I thought we’d be further forward with recruitment at this stage.

Nesbitt just isn’t good enough to be a number 10. He has energy but he creates little to nothing and he doesn’t have an eye for goal as can be seen by his poor attempt to get onto the end of that cross on Friday

8 minutes ago, Rocco said:

Nesbitt just isn’t good enough to be a number 10. He has energy but he creates little to nothing and he doesn’t have an eye for goal as can be seen by his poor attempt to get onto the end of that cross on Friday

Pretty well my recollection of watching Nesbitt a few times when he played for Morton against Queens. He's a busy, neat and tricky wee player but he always seemed to lack the final ball or a sharp finish ... he's no doubt going to destroy us now ... 🫤

6 minutes ago, Jackie Myles said:

We've still got over a month to go before the season starts . All that matters is the 11 starting that day. Folk panicking already .

The season starts in 10 days. The league is more important but we shouldn't just be writing off the League Cup.

4 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

The season starts in 10 days. The league is more important but we shouldn't just be writing off the League Cup.

Folk that disregard the league Cup blow mind. Any chance to progress and bag a few quid from a knock out game even if it's only 10 grand or so. That's an extra 40 ST's and could be the difference between a new signing and not.

Edited by latapythelegend

If ever there was a year to write off the league cup though this is it. Because we have Holt, Sneddon, McKay, Hetherington, Ross, Wilson etc still on the books, every one of McGlynn's future signings will have to be bang on the money. And not injury prone gambles either given the state of the pitch. I'd rather he waited to get the right players in than rushed to be ready for the cup matches 

26 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

Folk that disregard the league Cup blow mind. Any chance to progress and bag a few quid from a knock out game even if it's only 10 grand or so. That's an extra 40 ST's and could be the difference between a new signing and not.

1st round group stage - 5th position: £22,000 
1st round group stage - 4th position: £23,250 
1st round group stage - 3rd position: £25,000 
1st round group stage - 5 worst runners up: £29,000 
2nd round losers - £50,000

50k for getting out the groups.

Qualifying from the league cup groups is a bonus when you're a league one club. At the end of the day these games are about getting your players match fit and ready to hit the ground running in the league. Results aren't all that important in the long term. Christ who can forget the final Houstie season when we looked like Brazil in the league cup and then were absolutely honking in the league.  You want to win the games but the first league game of the season is when it really counts and even then you still have another month to sign players after that.

Edited by Jackie Myles