The Falkirk FC Thread

9 minutes ago, FK1Bairn said:

Anybody know if the friendly tomorrow is Patg? I fancy taking my 6 year old along as he's just starting to get into football, don't want to rock up and find I we can't get in without a ticket

Nothings been mentioned but I can't imagine there won't be a PATG option. I'm planning on just walking up so worse comes to worse i'll give you a boosty up so you can see over the fence for the first half and the second half we'll switch round?

Edited by FFC 1876

1 minute ago, FFC 1876 said:

Nothings been mentioned but I can't imagine there won't be a PATG option. I'm planning on just walking up so worse comes to worse i'll give you a boosty up over the fence for the first half and the second half we'll switch round?

Sounds a plan. You're welcome to the final half hour of continual substitutions and I'll get the wee man away home to his kip. 

Thanks

4 minutes ago, Springfield said:

I’m sure there’s PATG mentioned earlier 

The tweet from the club just mentioned that tickets would be available online in the next few days but there's been nothing mentioned since. I had a quick look online and can't see any tickets on sale for it either.

1 hour ago, FFC 1876 said:

The tweet from the club just mentioned that tickets would be available online in the next few days but there's been nothing mentioned since. I had a quick look online and can't see any tickets on sale for it either.

Just phone the club and it'll be sorted in 2 mins.

If only we had a new online ticketing system ...

Apologies for the sarcasm but the reason stuff like this irks so much is because it's basic, bread-and-butter stuff. 

For example, why does it take a few days to add the tickets as advertised? Why not add the tickets and communicate they can be purchased now. 

I heard it's main stand only as they expect a small crowd but it's been poorly marketed so that's unsurprising.  

Looking forward to tonight’s game and seeing a reaction from the players. Hoping they’ve learned how to defend set pieces better from Friday. Unless people have recovered from injury, I’d probably start the same 11. Would be happy to see Yeats again and see what he can do, and would expect Ross to come on second half again in place of Nesbitt.

10 minutes ago, Jackie Myles said:

It's amazing how  we ever managed to inform fans about games and sell tickets before the internet came along. 

Your inadvertently making my point.

Much less attractions and distractions in those days and onus on the customer to seek the info. 

Majority of people now have the internet in their pocket so clubs can directly appeal to them.

I'll look out for you riding your horse to a match 😆

Edited by Blame Me

59 minutes ago, Jackie Myles said:

It's amazing how  we ever managed to inform fans about games and sell tickets before the internet came along. 

I'm having flashbacks to phoning to ask if a game (at Brockville) was on during winter.

12 hours ago, Blame Me said:

Just phone the club and it'll be sorted in 2 mins.

If only we had a new online ticketing system ...

Apologies for the sarcasm but the reason stuff like this irks so much is because it's basic, bread-and-butter stuff. 

For example, why does it take a few days to add the tickets as advertised? Why not add the tickets and communicate they can be purchased now. 

I heard it's main stand only as they expect a small crowd but it's been poorly marketed so that's unsurprising.  

I emailed Laura and she said £5 pay at the gate. Westfield Cafe isn't open either which is a bit of a bummer. 

I hear your point but it does feel a bit weird the club aren't posting much about tonight.. Money to be made with ticket sales and pretty much radio silence? Maybe still issues with ticketing supplier? 

3 minutes ago, Forever_Blue_ said:

I emailed Laura and she said £5 pay at the gate. Westfield Cafe isn't open either which is a bit of a bummer. 

I hear your point but it does feel a bit weird the club aren't posting much about tonight.. Money to be made with ticket sales and pretty much radio silence? Maybe still issues with ticketing supplier? 

Perhaps.

I can understand they know that Stranraer aren't going to bring a big crowd so we'd want to get the home support out.

The benefits of the new system were lauded in the ST letter etc but I'm not seeing it being utilised. I bought tickets for the Crunchie game online so the club obviously can know their customer - why not send me an email advertising the Stranraer one with a link straight to purchase.