The Falkirk FC Thread

15 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Several tricks missed. Paying full price option during early bird period would be one. The option to split additional contribution any way you likes twixt club and charity would have been another.

Adding seats seems to have been a serious issue for many.

Just have to hope they learn from it, but the above is the sort of stuff you’d think would become apparent during beta testing.

Yes, I’ll let them learn from it.

I ended up paying full price during the Early Bird period but emailed them pointing out the snag but told them to keep the cash.

A few things certainly need addressing.

1 hour ago, Blame Me said:

I suspect I'm in the minority but my ST renewal process has been poor this year.

Couldn't update my renewal package to add another ticket on and change my ticket type and now I don't get the option to.

Held off while teething issues were resolved but similar issue exists with buying ST without the renewal prompt.

On the other hand, was impressed with the new entry system and QR codes on Friday night. 

Write to the club - they need to know when things don't work

jamie@falkirkfc.co.uk (although he is on holiday this week).

Aye we can't be signing players on the back of them scoring two goals against a defence that consisted of Ryan Williamson at right back, a centre back pairing of Mackie & Mccann and an unknown youth trialist left back. That would be madness.

Who said we have only just started looking at him?

2 hours ago, Andreas Kelevra said:

Its awful I wanted to add a ticket too -  I ended up moving seat - there was an empty seat next to mine but I could not add it. 

I ended up moving 5 seats down the row and adding my season tickets. Fully expect a letter asking why I have not renewed. 

Not all the seats are "sellable" currently as some support brackets are corroded and have broken, rendering the seats useless, these seats had to be taken out of use. Other seats were moved from one place to another prior to the concerts to replace broken ones, so there's empty spaces here and there.

I had 100 New support brackets made and sent to the club to replace corroded ones, that lets them fix 200 seats, but i don't know if these are all fitted as yet. Replacing the seats and the metal work is going to require ongoing replacements.

Edited by NUMBER 7

3 hours ago, Russ said:

Aye he was the trialist number 9 that came on in the second half. Worth another look imo.

No, he wasn't, he is still contracted at Rovers and played for us on Saturday.

No, he wasn't, he is still contracted at Rovers and played for us on Saturday.

Aye he was m8. Played as a ‘trialist’ but we all could see it was him. Absolute spitting image of his brother. You must’ve noticed he was very leggy on Saturday after playing the night before.

1 hour ago, NUMBER 7 said:

Not all the seats are "sellable" currently as some support brackets are corroded and have broken, rendering the seats useless, these seats had to be taken out of use. Other seats were moved from one place to another prior to the concerts to replace broken ones, so there's empty spaces here and there.

I had 100 New support brackets made and sent to the club to replace corroded ones, that lets them fix 200 seats, but i don't know if these are all fitted as yet. Replacing the seats and the metal work is going to require ongoing replacements.

Then there should be a look at the specifications which are not up to the standards required.

Corrosion on seating should not be an issue in this day and age.

Buy cheap buy dear in the long run.

3 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Then there should be a look at the specifications which are not up to the standards required.

Corrosion on seating should not be an issue in this day and age.

Buy cheap buy dear in the long run.

Agreed. McGlynn and the board must go

I saw somewhere we have a game against Stranraer tommorow is this a closed door game as I can't see any info on the Club website regarding this game. Nothing on the ticket site thing either just season ticket or donation options. Can anyone shed any light on this? 

1 minute ago, unused sub said:

I saw somewhere we have a game against Stranraer tommorow is this a closed door game as I can't see any info on the Club website regarding this game. Nothing on the ticket site thing either just season ticket or donation options. Can anyone shed any light on this? 

Pay at gate I believe. £10 and £5. Based on memory so don't shoot the messenger if I'm wrong.

2 minutes ago, unused sub said:

https://twitter.com/FalkirkFC/status/1539620478435868673?t=zbhBRRe0h2IOj0yw5CoZsg&s=19

Sound like a broken record but for all those looking to have paid full price so the club get 100% of the money, that has been their from the start with the donation.

The foundation are merely managing the donation (assume due to the financial benefits of doing so) but all of the money goes to the club as “ticket money”. It just means that the club can give away free tickets to those struggling & may not otherwise be able to go. But the club DO get 100% of the extra paid - nothing is going to charity from the extra. 

Those unable to renew & add seats were also advised by a number of fans on here to phone the shop & it’d be done in 2 minutes. It would also have freed up the seat(s) now purchased for sale. 

Sure the renewal system will be easier/slicker next summer. 

Edited by RC55 FFC

3 hours ago, Trump said:

He might well have played on Saturday but he was definitely on trial for us on Friday. Would take him, sure the clubs will have it sorted out this week and we’ll see him sign permanently.

Mmmnn. 
Post match reports on here were very scathing of the ability and attitude of the #9 who came on as a sub. Are we talking about the same player?