The Falkirk FC Thread

15 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

I don't think McGlynn is the type to rush in and sign someone for the sake of it like Sheerin did with Wilson, 

Sheerin did not rush in and sign Wilson. He was on trial for several weeks and had played in a number of friendlies prior to being inexplicably chucked a two-year contract as a full-time professional footballer. It is what makes his signing all the more criminal.

About to renew my season for me and my son (under 12), the under 12 is obviously free, sure i recall reading last year that Ineos pay the club for the under 12's....is that correct or am i wrong? if so how much do they give us?

17 hours ago, FalkirkLad said:

I was the biggest Hetherington critic last year however last night he played very well in a free role and although every pass didn’t come off he absolutely tried to create, get forward and was always open for a pass. 

Just own it and say he’s you’re scapegoat and you’ll never like him. 

The guys only football talent is to foul people, we need better than him. Hopefully he’s a bench filler if staying! 

1 hour ago, Back Post Misses said:

Rumour is he is being released

Yeah he’s on substantial 5 figure weekly wage rumoured to be £12k plus & club keen to move him on as want to resign Joe Allen 

I agree with BPM & think any prospects of us gleaning something from his sell on clause will not happen 

Wouldn’t be surprised if he ends up as squad player at Forest with Cooper 

37 minutes ago, alonso said:

About to renew my season for me and my son (under 12), the under 12 is obviously free, sure i recall reading last year that Ineos pay the club for the under 12's....is that correct or am i wrong? if so how much do they give us?

Ineos sponsored the U12s free scheme in 18/19 & 19/20. I suspect that came to an end when COVID arrived as the club haven't publicised anything about it since. 

Would presumably be up to the new commercial team if they wanted to try and resurrect that deal or get similar sponsorship elsewhere. 

2018.11.22 Ineos (3).jpg

I don’t have any criticism of signing Griffiths. It was a last throw of the dice to try and get a playoff spot. Additional funding had come into the club from FSS, Patrons etc and in my opinion was worth a punt. 

It didn’t work for several reasons, from the player being injured/ unfit and short of pace, teammates hardly creating any chances for him, however when he was in possession he usually hardly wasted a pass, his reading of the game was at a different level to what he was playing beside, and his set piece delivery was spot on. He was far from the worst we had last year.

11 minutes ago, NUMBER 7 said:

I don’t have any criticism of signing Griffiths. It was a last throw of the dice to try and get a playoff spot. Additional funding had come into the club from FSS, Patrons etc and in my opinion was worth a punt. 

It didn’t work for several reasons, from the player being injured/ unfit and short of pace, teammates hardly creating any chances for him, however when he was in possession he usually hardly wasted a pass, his reading of the game was at a different level to what he was playing beside, and his set piece delivery was spot on. He was far from the worst we had last year.

I agree with top part of signing Griffiths but he was a disaster of a signing. There were small flashes of previous form but overall he couldn't run, he couldn't hold the ball up, he couldn't hit the ball like he used to(see his free kicks and shots at goal) he'd often fall over trying to control or go forward with the ball and his stats were worse than Michael Ruth.

There was not one game you could come away saying Griffiths had a good game, we were more damaged up top with Kabia and Dowds getting injured last season. Griffiths is another ex Hibs striker who went to pot afore they reached 30....see O'Connor and Riordan 

I'll be surprised if he gets a full time gig or any offers, he simply has went AWOL for 3 yrs 

13 minutes ago, MrDust said:

I agree with top part of signing Griffiths but he was a disaster of a signing. There were small flashes of previous form but overall he couldn't run, he couldn't hold the ball up, he couldn't hit the ball like he used to(see his free kicks and shots at goal) he'd often fall over trying to control or go forward with the ball and his stats were worse than Michael Ruth.

There was not one game you could come away saying Griffiths had a good game, we were more damaged up top with Kabia and Dowds getting injured last season. Griffiths is another ex Hibs striker who went to pot afore they reached 30....see O'Connor and Riordan 

I'll be surprised if he gets a full time gig or any offers, he simply has went AWOL for 3 yrs 

And to a lesser extent Jason Cummings ... guy could have achieved so much more but turned into a bit of a screwball... in fairness tho he seems to be doing not too bad in Australia 

Hopefully Finlay Malcolm gets a decent run out on Tuesday, he can't be any worse than the number 9 that came on in the Killie game and it would be good to finally get a chance to see what he's like. 

Still want us to sign/loan for the below positions. We most likely won't get another 7 signings but if we managed to move on a few of the current contracted players it would be ideal.

Right back - Ryan Williamson's rotten defensively so we really need a better option. Adam Devine's rated at Rangers but I think he's similarly better going forward than he is defensively.
Back up centre back - So we never have to rely on Brad Mckay. 
Centre Midfielder x2 - Possibly could be Yeats if he continues to impress and another runner in there beside McGinn. Cole Mckinnon's obviously been linked.
Winger - We only have the very injury prone Morrison and Mcguffie at the moment. Mochrie would be ideal or Kai Kennedy.
Striker x2 - Both are likely to be loans as there won't be many decent options still floating about looking for a club. Kyle Connell looked good for Airdrie the season before last and managed 8 goals for East Fife last season which is good going considering how rank they were. Henderson from Hearts if they're loaning him out again.

58 minutes ago, alonso said:

And to a lesser extent Jason Cummings ... guy could have achieved so much more but turned into a bit of a screwball... in fairness tho he seems to be doing not too bad in Australia 

Can’t leave out Stokes from the Hibs connection either.

Just renewed my season but swapped back to the main stand, my mate has also just bought 1 for the first time ever...whats the script now, do they post out our new season tickets, is it an email barcode we will get or just pick up from the shop?

Shaun Brown was the young left midfielder that came on as a trialist on Friday night, number 21 I think he was. 18 year old who was on loan at Cumbernauld Colts last season from Dundee United, grabbed himself a few goals too. Looks to be a local lad.

2 hours ago, alonso said:

Just renewed my season but swapped back to the main stand, my mate has also just bought 1 for the first time ever...whats the script now, do they post out our new season tickets, is it an email barcode we will get or just pick up from the shop?

I am making the reverse journey going from main, and back to the Crunchie Stand. I think a new card will be issued at some point.

1 hour ago, knee jerk reaction said:

Missed that, is a pity though as I'd have got a few of the away streams to watch us. Thanks for the reply👍

There’s always the VPN route.