The Falkirk FC Thread

I actually wouldn't be too bothered if Morrison went if we could bring in better BUT the one thing he does have is pace and apart from when Kabia came in last season he's been the only one in the team who is quick.  And given the other options are Wilson, Oliver and Malcolm it's slim pickings in the striker dept. I still think we need two decent strikers, a right back, a winger and a midfielder (that may or may not be the trialist from last night ). Pivotal that McGlynn gets the one or two permanent signings still to come in spot on and the loan market ones same. Its just a pity it looks like we will have to wait an entire season so we don't have to endure Wilson, Nesbitt, McGuffie, Hetherington, Ross, Williamson, Holt and Sneddon call themselves Falkirk players. I would say McKay but he'll sit on the two years he's got left. 

2 hours ago, Amarillo Bairn said:

I think im in minority but I've never got the love for Morrison that some off our fans seem to have, he can go if he likes, won't be a big loss imo, free up a wage to get someone else in.

I don’t think your in the minority, the guys had a hard time with injuries, and whether true or not if he gets further issues it could be really serious for the guy. My issue is that like a few games early last season, it looks like he can’t be arsed. Posted earlier that M&S were on his case last night on more than a few occasions, when the outfield play was no where near him, didn’t look like any of them were to happy. If he’s got attitude - GHTF

The scoreline last night was an irrelevance. The important things all happened up until they scored their second via a very jammy deflection. Once the kids and untested trialists came on, it wasn’t really a contest. The Killie players knew it too, and the big guy who scored their fourth was near enough embarrassed by it. He knew who he was up against, and it was young boys.

The heartening things were to see a completely different style of play, and players from last season actually giving 100%, and players from last season who couldn’t kick their own arse turning in decent performances. That was the things to take away from the game given that most of our new defence were sat in the stands with minor injuries.

Like it or not, Killie are a top flight side and fielded a strong eleven. Ultimately, their fitness and their physicality was the difference between the two sides……not the style of football.

Apologies I do seem to have got it wrong earlier with Crunchies career and ability. Was talking to a few of the older guys last night about him and they told me he was basically Falkirks Ally Mitchell.

So if he was that good then I defo take it all back.

1 hour ago, Springfield said:

I don’t think your in the minority, the guys had a hard time with injuries, and whether true or not if he gets further issues it could be really serious for the guy. My issue is that like a few games early last season, it looks like he can’t be arsed. Posted earlier that M&S were on his case last night on more than a few occasions, when the outfield play was no where near him, didn’t look like any of them were to happy. If he’s got attitude - GHTF

Sure I've seen it said here previously? But also heard elsewhere he has serious attitude and not the easiest guy to manage... so if the new management have already picked up on this then they need to stamp their authority on him and show him who's boss, which likely none of the previous managers had the balls to do?

51 minutes ago, alonso said:

Sure I've seen it said here previously? But also heard elsewhere he has serious attitude and not the easiest guy to manage... so if the new management have already picked up on this then they need to stamp their authority on him and show him who's boss, which likely none of the previous managers had the balls to do?

Certainly McGlynn was not happy, don’t won’t to go overboard with first friendly, but if I was a betting man wouldn’t bet on movement with Morrison. 

25 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Certainly McGlynn was not happy, don’t won’t to go overboard with first friendly, but if I was a betting man wouldn’t bet on movement with Morrison. 

Morrison has a glass knee, would be very surprised if he managed to get through a medical before signing elsewhere.

4 hours ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

Also a wee tiny side note which I'm worried to bring up in case I get accused of moaning; why the f**k are the numbers black on a navy strip? Can't make out who anyone is :lol:

Not convinced that’s permanent. I think they were using stock up for the one off shirts. The front of the shirt carried the CI logo etc. Sure @Bainsfordbairn will find out. 

3 hours ago, BigSpow said:

Yeah even more shite!! Needs emptying. 

I was the biggest Hetherington critic last year however last night he played very well in a free role and although every pass didn’t come off he absolutely tried to create, get forward and was always open for a pass. 

Just own it and say he’s you’re scapegoat and you’ll never like him. 

1 hour ago, RC55 FFC said:

Not convinced that’s permanent. I think they were using stock up for the one off shirts. The front of the shirt carried the CI logo etc. Sure @Bainsfordbairn will find out. 

Yes, those were the new shirts, and they carried the Crunchie CI Logo, Kevin McAllister Stand, and the date. Don’t know about the numbering though, and that definitely had nothing to do with CI.

The idea had been (maybe still is) that the shirts be gathered up afterwards as collectors items (one to Kevin) and the other 19 to be sold off either by CI or the Club. The feeling within CI was that having already forwarded the additional funds accrued to the Foundation in pursuit of a sensory centre within the main stand, or failing that, a deserving community beneficial project attached to the club, then the shirts would best be dealt with by the club. 

The CI group felt that as of midnight last night, it was “mission accomplished” and that CI cease to exist. No-one had any desire to hang around the club beyond the event, and I am sure the club were happy for a nice clean ending too.

Edited by Duncan Freemason

10 hours ago, RC55 FFC said:

Your hypothesis is correct. I just spoke to B who confirmed it. The numbers on the  back of the shirts for the season will be white.