The Falkirk FC Thread

8 minutes ago, Sputnik said:

Decent? Punters from Ayrshire? Hardly! 

But not too shabby in terms of numbers I thought, given it's a Friday night and the trains being patchy at best to get back there. 

Mmm, best of luck in Division 1 next season. 

10 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Young trialist who started the game in the middle of the park was tidy on the ball and got on it quite a lot but he never once looked interested in making a tackle, just jockeyed his opponent until they popped the ball off

He took the ball off Lafferty twice, got his body in the road and won fouls both times. Did the same with another player off the top of my head. He flitted in and out the game but you can't say he "never once looked interested in making a tackle".

17 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

He took the ball off Lafferty twice, got his body in the road and won fouls both times. Did the same with another player off the top of my head. He flitted in and out the game but you can't say he "never once looked interested in making a tackle".

I honestly can't remember him making a tackle but he did look tidy on the ball, really reminded me and looked like a young Fraser Murray. Really tidy on the ball but not really interested in the battling side of the game. Did only look 18/19 right enough so hopefully we'll have another look at him.

Edited by FFC 1876

I’m sure someone will tell me otherwise but thought Hetherington had a good game and think he will actually really benefit from McGinn beside him to let him get about a bit more.

Think McGlynn pretty much alluded to the fact he’ll go get a striker on loan when the prem sides have sussed out their teams so I wouldn’t worry to much about the number 9 as it stands. 

Hopefully I'm wrong but the number 9 looked a bit like the lad from Southampton the FH were linking us with the other day...tho in fairness my eyesight ain't the best these days...

Unfortunately it's good enough to recognise Jamie Wilson...yes he was definitely there

3 minutes ago, alonso said:

Hopefully I'm wrong but the number 9 looked a bit like the lad from Southampton the FH were linking us with the other day...tho in fairness my eyesight ain't the best these days...

Unfortunately it's good enough to recognise Jamie Wilson...yes he was definitely there

Nah I don't think it was him, looked too old to be him.

28 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

First game of preseason and a fair few injuries so I'll try not to be too harsh. 

Young trialist who started the game in the middle of the park was tidy on the ball and got on it quite a lot but he never once looked interested in making a tackle, just jockeyed his opponent until they popped the ball off.

Mackie was impressive, played out of position at centre back but he was so composed on the ball, actually wouldn't mind seeing him in the middle of the park as he always looked to play rather than hoofing it up the park.

Oliver wasn't up to much but it was a difficult night playing upfront on his own for the first half and the trialist striker that came on in the second half was absolutely brutal, which is frustrating when you've got the local lad Malcolm on the bench would have preferred to see him.

It was never a 4-1 game but we created he haw aside from a few corners.

Funny how opinions differ. I genuinely thought he got stuck in and made a nuisance of himself, which Lafferty certainly didn’t like

10 minutes ago, alonso said:

Yes, it was him.

These are not great quality but a couple of photos I took tonight.
I must admit to having a wee tear in my eye when the great man came out to ‘Local Hero’ - I’m so glad I went along tonight to pay my respects to the ‘Legend’ because it’ll be a long, long time before we see another one like him.
25A30B4E-C8B5-436C-B7F5-1837BBEA6AC7.thumb.png.e7612ed57e85c39641a2d60a2ebaf9ad.png
E39A39F9-7B23-4FCA-B713-AAF584E5369D.thumb.png.37ad1bfe64900a1f44aa8302c4baa398.png

Given where we are I doubt we will in our lifetimes sadly….