The Falkirk FC Thread

I really like his interview style, I know he's quite dour but there's no flannel and plenty of honesty. Pity about the injury situation but got the vibes none were concerning long term. 

42 minutes ago, Rugster said:

I really like his interview style, I know he's quite dour but there's no flannel and plenty of honesty. Pity about the injury situation but got the vibes none were concerning long term. 

I agree with your thoughts here & not dissimilar to Jim Jeffries our best manager in past 30 years 

54 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

Looks like we will be relying on Mcglynn improving what we already have, let’s just hope an actual manager can get more from the group 

Was always going to be the case that's why the fans have to give the contracted players a chance to prove themselves under the new management.

How many people have worked for poor management and are de motivated over a working career? near everybody.

If people get on their backs whether that's on forums or running onto the pitch before a ball is kicked is counterproductive.

Suspect a few might just surprise a few folk

Can Sean Mackie play centre half? It's either that or somebody from the under 18s! Unless we finally discover Jaime Wilson's best position?

Edited to say that I've just Googled Mackie and he's smaller than me and I used to spy on snow white in the shower!! Under 18 it is then.

Edited by ShaggerG

Not sure what to make from the interview. He’s obviously (like all fans) disappointed to loose so many so early in pre-season. However It was the way in which he explained potential future transfers/loans that’s slightly concerning. Is he just pissed off that about the injuries or he’s been told there’s no further stretch of funding as he quoted a couple/striker. Maybe I’m looking into nothing.

21 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Can Sean Mackie play centre half? It's either that or somebody from the under 18s! Unless we finally discover Jaime Wilson's best position?

Edited to say that I've just Googled Mackie and he's smaller than me and I used to spy on snow white in the shower!! Under 18 it is then.

Where's MacKenzie Lemon when you need him

43 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

It was claimed he could when he was with us last season, but it never happened. We played Liam Dick there and Mackie remained at LB when we had to put out a makeshift defence. 

2 hours ago, Tea and Busquets said:

Another decent signing for Queens in Ciaran McKenna. Thought he was decent with us apart from that farce with Edge against Morton. 

There is a reason he got freed at Hamilton now Partick.

Perhaps another season or so with us may have helped his career but I wasn't disappointed when left us.

57 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

I don't think Wilson is capable at all at this level, he was all over the place in his start at right back, league below or non league his level...thanks Holt.

Refreshing honest interview from McGlynn, sure we will get the occasional strange one(it's in every managers locker)but I'm sure the majority will be like today's 

Edited by MrDust

1 hour ago, Michael W said:

It was claimed he could when he was with us last season, but it never happened. We played Liam Dick there and Mackie remained at LB when we had to put out a makeshift defence. 

TBF Dick was a LB/Left sided CB when with us so it would have made sense to play him in the middle given he's about 3ft taller.

9 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

TBF Dick was a LB/Left sided CB when with us so it would have made sense to play him in the middle given he's about 3ft taller.

Smudger is the same height as Mackie, but even being an ex-mid and old, would be a better CH for you. As noted, you’ll se some young lads run out, and JMcG is well willing to let them play if they have ability…plus develops them well.

On 22/06/2022 at 09:14, Gaz said:

I couldn't tell you the last time I bought a new replica kit but I usually get each season's when they're discounted for fives / running / gym

On 22/06/2022 at 12:21, HopeStreetWalker said:

Having been blessed with what was described by my gym teacher as a 'Spectacular lack of pace' I did not notice much difference at first as I got older but my knees did. 

On 22/06/2022 at 10:55, ShaggerG said:

Walking football mate, it's the way ahead. Says me having just returned from the physio!

On 22/06/2022 at 12:02, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I’m making my return to 5’s on 8th July. Been asked to play twice a week but only committing to once initially to see how my body reacts 😂.

There is a FFiT (Football Fans in Training) group that play on the main pitch at 7pm and 8pm every Monday night.

The aim is to get you off the chair away from the TV for a little exercise with enjoyment. The age range from slow late 30's to mid 60's and above.

There can be up to 50 guys each Monday and the games are split to either 6's 7's or 8's depending on numbers. Teams are split games of even ability and fitness, some run, some jog, some fast walk, all welcome. 

There are spaces available if anyone wishes to give a try. We would like you to do a FFiT course but not nessary if you dont wish too. You just need to be over weight and unfit. 

Message me if you wish more details or drop down for a look or  chat.

28 minutes ago, Rufus said:

There is a FFiT (Football Fans in Training) group that play on the main pitch at 7pm and 8pm every Monday night.

The aim is to get you off the chair away from the TV for a little exercise with enjoyment. The age range from slow late 30's to mid 60's and above.

There can be up to 50 guys each Monday and the games are split to either 6's 7's or 8's depending on numbers. Teams are split games of even ability and fitness, some run, some jog, some fast walk, all welcome. 

There are spaces available if anyone wishes to give a try. We would like you to do a FFiT course but not nessary if you dont wish too. You just need to be over weight and unfit. 

Message me if you wish more details or drop down for a look or  chat.

There's a walking football group that play on Friday evenings too (5-6pm), although 'walking' is a bit of a misnomer for many. Supposed to be over 50s but the young coaches generally join in so any age welcome really.

1 hour ago, PetShopBairn said:

2026 tickets sold when I got mine half an hour ago.

Be interested to know whether any crowd for this is in the budget. Could it be an extra player for the season if we can get 2,500 through the gate?