The Falkirk FC Thread

2 hours ago, FFC1965 said:

1500 STs is amazing at this stage with the 1st league game still over 5 weeks away.

I think I (optimistically) predicted 1800 a while back - that looks like it might be exceeded.

Falkirk fans always deliver.  

1 week of Early Bird left too which is usually a busy last week of sales. 

Re tomorrow night, hopefully 2000+ crowd on the night with 1600 sold so far (as at lunchtime anyway). 

One thing about the new board that is impressive is that they keep their business dealing confidential and more professional this can only be good for the club's future.

Goodness knows how many good players we missed out on over the last few years because some tube on the board blabbed to some favored attention seekers.

50 minutes ago, Russ said:

Nah that’s a lot of shite. We need good players. Sibbs is a fucking good player. He’d be by a country mile the best player in our squad.

I’d agree but it does depend how much budget McGlynn has left, if bringing Sibbs back meant us not having the clout to bring in at least one (we really need two) decent striker I get why we haven’t made a move for him. It’s just down to budget management. We were told we were going with as squad of 24 and presuming 2 or three of those are cheaper loan signings it does not leave much room for manoeuvre unless we shift some of the dross under contract. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

6 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

One thing about the new board that is impressive is that they keep their business dealing confidential and more professional this can only be good for the club's future.

Goodness knows how many good players we missed out on over the last few years because some tube on the board blabbed to some favored attention seekers.

So all of your mad, demented, lunatic ranting and raving about “boardroom leaks” a few weeks ago turned out to be complete and utter nonsense then?

Who would have thought it?

3 hours ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I got an email from the CI folk and it’s now saying 1600 for tomorrow nights game, it also had the link to the limited edition programme which I clicked on to buy but it’s sold out already.

Worth saying that the online offering has sold out, but there are still some available at the club shop, and there will be programme sales at the ground tomorrow night.

Having seen the commemorative programme, the contents are great, and a 68 page programme with only 5 pages of adverts is near enough unheard of these days. Add in an asking price of £3, and for me, it’s an absolute steal, and it’s a fitting tribute to Crunchie.

Given our rep for not turning out for friendlies, and given this isn’t really about the football on show, it’s about honouring one of our own in the truest sense of the phrase, then getting anywhere close to 2,000 is damn near epic.

Edited by Duncan Freemason

16 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Looks like we're on track to better last season's ST total of around 2,300 which is some fucking effort considering what we've been served up on the park for the last 5 years 

Hopefully if we get a few hundred extra tickets sold early doors it’ll mean more scope budget wise for McGlynn to get some decent players in 🤞 

On 22/06/2022 at 18:33, FFC 1876 said:

Hetherington had some sort of a revival at the end of the season but he's definitely not good enough on the ball to be in the middle of the park for us. Need some legs in beside McGinn so Hetherington won't do, wouldn't mind Niang from Partick for a bit of energy and dig in there. 

We need Tommy Wright in a job soon so we can get rid of Nesbitt.

We need a manager in a job who rates Brad McKay, out of interest when he was at Caley who signed him it wasn't Yogi by any chance? 

5 hours ago, Jackie Myles said:

Mcginn can create . Oliver can create.  Nesbitt, Morrison  and mcguffie can create if mcglynn can get more out of them. If we don't get legs in that midfield and a striker to put chances away it won't matter a feck how creative we are as we'll have the same problems we've had for seasons now in the middle of the park and noone to finish off anything created anyway.

Plus if he's struggling for fitness we can't afford to spunk a decent amount of the budget on someone who could miss a lot of games.  I wouldn't have a problem signing him if he's fit and he isn't going to prevent us signing the players we desperately need.

A lot of if’s in this post.

48 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Goodness knows how many good players we missed out on over the last few years because some fat tube on the board blabbed to some favored attention seekers.

Sorted

1 hour ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

59 minutes ago, AGPar said:

So all of your mad, demented, lunatic ranting and raving about “boardroom leaks” a few weeks ago turned out to be complete and utter nonsense then?

Who would have thought it?

30 minutes ago, Forever_Blue_ said:

Hearing a new commercial exec has been appointed today. 

Nice while it lasted. SaCk tEh BoArD!!!!!!

I'll go with the Sibbald "would be too good for league 1" and by rights he should be. Alston was utter guff but better at Killie because he was surrounded by better players who did their jobs. The same rules apply to Sibbald, even if by some miracle he did sign for us all eyes would be on him, it wouldn't be long before Hetherington, Nesbitt and co started going invisible and he'd get dragged down with them. He needs better players round him than we have, he got that at livi and was relatively decent. For me he's still a bottom half prem/top championship player and if he does go to the likes of Ayr no disrespect to them but he really must be struggling to find a club, who knows maybe injuries/long covid have took their toll but I'd certainly be aiming higher than us or them. 

2 hours ago, RC55 FFC said:

1 week of Early Bird left too which is usually a busy last week of sales. 

Re tomorrow night, hopefully 2000+ crowd on the night with 1600 sold so far (as at lunchtime anyway). 

Tip for board for future season ticket sales. Give the fans the choice of early bird or full price within the early bird period. I wouldn’t mind paying the full price but retaining our seats is more important hence why I renew early. I know there’s the option to give a donation to the foundation but I’d prefer paying the extra on the season ticket going to the club

24 minutes ago, NUMBER 7 said:

Tip for board for future season ticket sales. Give the fans the choice of early bird or full price within the early bird period. I wouldn’t mind paying the full price but retaining our seats is more important hence why I renew early. I know there’s the option to give a donation to the foundation but I’d prefer paying the extra on the season ticket going to the club

The extra goes to the club. It’s only managed by the foundation. The donation goes towards ticket income for those who are struggling. 

1 hour ago, Ecosse83 said:

Sibbald isn’t the answer 😂🤦‍♂️

What actually goes through some folks heads on here?? 

Reminds me when Kingsley was training with us 2 years ago fans were saying he would be a risky signing.

8 minutes ago, gav-ffc said:

Reminds me when Kingsley was training with us 2 years ago fans were saying he would be a risky signing.

I don't think anyone's doubted Kingsley or Sibbald's ability, they both just would take up a massive part of our budget that we can't really afford at the moment with the squad of players we have signed on. Especially given Sibbald's essentially just missed the full of last season through covid and other covid related effects.

He was in the paper last season talking about how he was ten minutes into his return from injury and was really struggling to breathe as Covid had hit him that hard.

18 minutes ago, gav-ffc said:

I was one who wasn’t fussed whether we signed Kingsley. I’d like to add that had we signed Kingsley, it wouldn’t have won us the league, which was the point I made about signing him in the first place. 

Id love to see Sibbald back at Falkirk, and if it could be managed, whilst still allowing us to have enough budget to strengthen other areas, then it would be a no brainer. It’s likely it would take a large chunk of the budget up and we are weak in so many other areas that we can’t put all our eggs in one basket. Martingale’s comments regarding his fitness after Covid is also concerning and would be too big a gamble for us.