The Falkirk FC Thread

4 hours ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I agree regarding the red, I don’t even like red away kits. They have to be white for me.  Mind you if it is a red away strip it won’t bother me too much as I’m way past the age of buying replica kits.

The last kit I bought was a cracking replica of the early 80’s Patrick top.

Simple enough to pass as a leisure top and not made from shitey,  shiney fabric.

8 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

Re red on the kit.  

We've never not had a successful season with red shoulders (Hummel and Stokes season).. . sign up Hummel next year and bring them back!  

And give every player a four leaf clover and a lucky rabbit's foot. Promotion here we come! 😋

Looking forward to seeing how McGlynn's going to have us lining up on Friday, getting to see who's still leftover from last years diddies and hopefully a full raft of trialists to make things more interesting.

Edited by FFC 1876

3 hours ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

Re red on the kit.  

We've never not had a successful season with red shoulders (Hummel and Stokes season).. . sign up Hummel next year and bring them back!  

We got relegated with that Hummel Strip. We had it for two seasons

1 hour ago, Taxi for De Massis said:

Can’t wait for the away shirt, unfortunately that means a great deal of moaning when it arrives

Look at the PUMA website for season 2022-3 football tops it will be one of them either that or the same design in a different colour (white please)

First team top is the same design as Manchester City

We've got far more to worry about than the design of a bloody strip. The fact that McGuffie was modelling one of them suggests they're not in a rush to get the likes of him out the door which is worrying as he's way short in all departments of what we need. That said there's about ten others like that. 

2 minutes ago, Syd Puddefoot said:

We've got far more to worry about than the design of a bloody strip. The fact that McGuffie was modelling one of them suggests they're not in a rush to get the likes of him out the door which is worrying as he's way short in all departments of what we need. That said there's about ten others like that. 

He's not a world beater but 4 goals and 4 assists last season isn't too bad a return for a midfielder/makeshift left back.

He was a bit hit or miss last season but I reckon McGlynn can get more out of him this year even if it is just as a squad player.

Given we have 14 of the diddies from last season McGlynn's going to have to try get something out of some of them as it's not going to be possible to move them all on.

12 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

He's not a world beater but 4 goals and 4 assists last season isn't too bad a return for a midfielder/makeshift left back.

He was a bit hit or miss last season but I reckon McGlynn can get more out of him this year even if it is just as a squad player.

Given we have 14 of the diddies from last season McGlynn's going to have to try get something out of some of them as it's not going to be possible to move them all on.

I reckon we will be doing well to get shot of five. Then it's all about who we can bring in. Teams already know if you get in the likes of Nesbitt, Hetherington, etc faces they don't want to know and that's the scary thing, they may well be trying harder under McGlynn but they are ultimately shitebags who will roll over.

4 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

I reckon we will be doing well to get shot of five. Then it's all about who we can bring in. Teams already know if you get in the likes of Nesbitt, Hetherington, etc faces they don't want to know and that's the scary thing, they may well be trying harder under McGlynn but they are ultimately shitebags who will roll over.

Hetherington had some sort of a revival at the end of the season but he's definitely not good enough on the ball to be in the middle of the park for us. Need some legs in beside McGinn so Hetherington won't do, wouldn't mind Niang from Partick for a bit of energy and dig in there. 

We need Tommy Wright in a job soon so we can get rid of Nesbitt.

Edited by FFC 1876