The Falkirk FC Thread

1 minute ago, Jackie Myles said:

Is the recent blue shorts fad simply to avoid clashing with other sides at times? 

Wait till they bring out another blue away kit n have the same issues as last season thus having to rush out a generic puma template third kit. 

35 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

Wait till they bring out another blue away kit n have the same issues as last season thus having to rush out a generic puma template third kit. 

Thankfully we have someone at the helm who knows what they are doing compared to last time strips were ordered.

7 minutes ago, gav-ffc said:

Thankfully we have someone at the helm who knows what they are doing compared to last time strips were ordered.

Might have gave us white shorts and red socks in that case. Only thing I can think of is was cheaper to make it all blue. I'm expecting an all white or red away kit. 

52 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Strip is chosen last Autumn. We would have been stuck with that choice from then. 
I hate all Navy too. Reminds me of the Hartley/McKinnon relegation strip 

If the colours were chosen by last autumn's gang, we'll probably have black & white effing stripes on our away kit. 

Just now, Springfield said:

Anyone else got a slight concern at lack of signings especially after todays strip launch? Maybe just worried about nothing……

It's frustrating but at the same time other teams in our league aren't really flush with signings either, also still more than 5 weeks until the actual season starts.

I'm worried about who we'll end up having as our striker as arguably that's the most important piece of the puzzle so that's giving me the fear.

2 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Anyone else got a slight concern at lack of signings especially after todays strip launch? Maybe just worried about nothing……

not even hit our first pre season game. I would be more worried if teams around us were signing players of real quality, also need to remember we’re now at a squad of about 20? and tbh i cant see any way we’d be able to shift the dross we already have

27 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Bainsford Bairn explained it pretty clearly which made a lot of sense earlier on. If we want to maximise traffic and hits on social media etc for points of news and interest, it's better to drip feed rather shoot our load all at once. 

Think the top is smart. Never ever have I wondered or bothered about socks and shorts. 

Edited by Believe The Hype

I would imagine that at least half the budget is already tied up in last season’s remnants, and it’ll be a struggle to bring in one or maybe two more without a massive tipper truck load of last season’s left overs being find new homes.

Brad McKay will now sit out two years of not playing in exchange for the blue pound that will pay his bills. He is probably very aware that his career is done and dusted, so won’t be going anywhere any time soon.

I reckon we need to loan out two to get enough cash freed up to bring in one.

No idea what sort of behind the scenes financial wizardry is going on, but it will be have to miraculous to sort out our squad properly.

16 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

I would imagine that at least half the budget is already tied up in last season’s remnants, and it’ll be a struggle to bring in one or maybe two more without a massive tipper truck load of last season’s left overs being find new homes.

Brad McKay will now sit out two years of not playing in exchange for the blue pound that will pay his bills. He is probably very aware that his career is done and dusted, so won’t be going anywhere any time soon.

I reckon we need to loan out two to get enough cash freed up to bring in one.

No idea what sort of behind the scenes financial wizardry is going on, but it will be have to miraculous to sort out our squad properly.

This is spot on. I 100% do no expect us to get promoted this season. McGlynn is a very good appointment for where we are however the guys not a miracle worker and has been left with a lot of very poor players bulking out or wage bill who are not good enough.

I know it’s difficult as we are all very frustrated but we need to be patient and give him time to introduce his own players and philosophy which won’t happen overnight.

I expect us to make progress and improve this season which given the shite we’ve endured since Hartley joined is a move in the right direction.

Agreed I don't see us getting promotion either not with this squad as it stands. Too much dugshite left, we won't score enough goals unless a couple of decent forwards come in which everyone is looking for, and the midfield is still rocking the ghosts of shitebaggery past despite McGinn coming in. Expect the defence to improve but again if the midfield revert to type and offer them zero protection once again they will be fighting flames almost from the get go. We should be better under McGlynn as in we hopefully won't fold like a deck of cards against anyone that shows a bit of fight, but I think playoffs have to be the target but very much depending on who else we get in especially towards the top end of the pitch.

Some knicker wetting going on IMO considering the league doesn’t start for nearly 6 weeks. 
Players at most clubs have just returned to pre-season training. Lots of time for MCGlynn to sort things still. 
Any predictions at this stage are way too premature. Confident we will still see a good few in and out yet 

I think at this point it would be acceptable to be a bit concerned. We still have an enormous amount of guff in our squad, the signings so far haven’t been amazing and ultimately I can’t see us attracting all that high a quality of player to the club given our situation. It really will be a huge job for Mcglynn this season.

Edited by Maverick_-

1 hour ago, FFC 1876 said:

It's frustrating but at the same time other teams in our league aren't really flush with signings either, also still more than 5 weeks until the actual season starts.

I'm worried about who we'll end up having as our striker as arguably that's the most important piece of the puzzle so that's giving me the fear.

Seem to be two strikers training/trialing with us just now but the budget has almost gone - it will be one more signing and loans unless a player or two can be moved on. This isn't secret - its been said a few times in public now.

11 minutes ago, Maverick_- said:

I think at this point it would be acceptable to be a bit concerned. We still have an enormous amount of guff in our squad, the signings so far haven’t been amazing and ultimately I can’t see us attracting all that high a quality of player to the club given our situation. It really will be a huge job for Mcglynn this season.

McGinn is (or at least should be) a great signing. Yes, twilight of his career perhaps, but the first real on the pitch leader in a long time. Can’t imagine him not being Captain. Don’t think our new centre back pairing will disappoint either. I think that bit of the side should be ok.

It’s the midfield that is the concern. If McGlynn comes up with a decent system, and by that I mean one that provides decent service, then a couple of ok front guys should be enough in most situations.

If we don’t win the league, then it’s pointless going nuts about it. What is absolutely not acceptable is a Falkirk side 30 points off top spot…….in fact, double figures behind top spot isn’t really acceptable.

Six weeks to try and shift off the top of my head five or six players cos I can't see it being more than that isn't that long n then bring in the same amount. McKay and McCann won't go anywhere as previously mentioned if you're on a wage that has two years to run on money your happy with then why would you. Not like there's folk battering the door down to sign them. I think the obvious scenario will be get Wilson, Holt, Sneddon and Malcolm if he's not wanted out the door either permanent or season loan. Then your into the next batch, can McGlynn get any of Ross, McGuffie, Nesbitt, Hetherington, to go. Big ask, who knows maybe McGlynn will like one or two of them. But after last season none of them deserve to pull the strip on again. And I don't doubt for a minute had we been more flush the fates of some would have been done already.