The Falkirk FC Thread

2 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Are you sure about that? I hope so because I was just about to berate the new guys for not reading the room properly!

The first time we wore an all navy kit (well certainly in modern times) was at Ochilview and it was a terrible season. The next time was when Houstie got binned and McKinnon appeared, the next was Hartley. Now, I get that we've been pish since but I'm sure you can see where I'm coming from!

Hopefully the away strip will have white shorts that can be worn with the home kit. I like away strips to be a wee bit jazzier, without being too over the top and I'd like it to be something like ICTs new home kit, but in white.

It was mentioned at the meeting that the designs had to be with Puma long before the new board came in. 

1 minute ago, Harry Kinnear said:

It was mentioned at the meeting that the designs had to be with Puma long before the new board came in. 

Yeah Swinney mentioned it in the podcast too. Said they'd already been decided before he came in.

White shorts definitely needed. Carrot doesn't bother me but every time I look at it all I see is Dick Dastardly's car. [emoji23]Wr_the_mean_machine.jpg.998ad6b28e0fa24742be3a242fc2d790.jpg
When I look at the badge, I always think of the Pat Pending episode.dcg9lgs-8d302d0d-97ba-41ef-9eb6-54999cb5b999.jpeg

On 23/05/2022 at 21:48, RossBFaeDundee said:

This feels somewhat relevant to post now.

Inverness Caledonian Thistle unveil new-look kit for 2022/23 season

10 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Are you sure about that? I hope so because I was just about to berate the new guys for not reading the room properly!

The first time we wore an all navy kit (well certainly in modern times) was at Ochilview and it was a terrible season. The next time was when Houstie got binned and McKinnon appeared, the next was Hartley. Now, I get that we've been pish since but I'm sure you can see where I'm coming from!

Hopefully the away strip will have white shorts that can be worn with the home kit. I like away strips to be a wee bit jazzier, without being too over the top and I'd like it to be something like ICTs new home kit, but in white.

Like that one!

9 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Aye, but was it already decided what the design was going to be? I get that we were contracted to Puma, which is fine, but surely we could have said 'give us some white shorts please'?

10 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

First time we wore all blue was 1889 no idea whether we were shit then too.

4 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Aye, but was it already decided what the design was going to be? I get that we were contracted to Puma, which is fine, but surely we could have said 'give us some white shorts please'?

I may be wrong but I’m pretty sure it was mentioned that colours have to be submitted to the SPL well in advance also. I’m not sure if that included shorts, socks etc.

That top is a carrot logo away from being an absolute cracker

Historically we've not actually had red socks that many times, especially considering most of the early strips were worn anywhere between 3-9 years on the trot. Would prefer white shorts though   

1734192338_ScreenShot2022-06-21at17_50_29.png.a02eee06317c9f4d84f03c826ac91148.png

14 minutes ago, Jackie Myles said:

First time we wore all blue was 1889 no idea whether we were shit then too.

Had a look at Better Meddle and we did not too badly during the period that we wore them, but there were some wild scores including 3-12 and 5-12 home defeats to Albion Rovers! :lol:

2 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Had a look at Better Meddle and we did not too badly during the period that we wore them, but there were some wild scores including 3-12 and 5-12 home defeats to Albion Rovers! :lol:

A 12-3 scudding of the Pars would make it the greatest strip ever 🤣🤣

The top is ok, not a fan of one colour kits which is a trait we have a habit of going back to. White shorts n red socks and thats a smart looking home kit. It's too bland with it being plain n one colour. Not the worst kit we have ever had but it's nothing great. Tbh with it being the last season with puma I didn't think it was going to be great. 

52 minutes ago, MSG GTF! said:

Get these all blue kits to f*ck. When will folk ever learn?

Strip is chosen last Autumn. We would have been stuck with that choice from then. 
I hate all Navy too. Reminds me of the Hartley/McKinnon relegation strip