The Falkirk FC Thread

Just now, Proudtobeabairn said:

Looks like Morrison and Oliver up front for Fridays game then.  It'll be interesting to see who from those remaining McGlynn might fancy as starters.  

I'm hoping there's a few rogue trialists always makes the friendly games more interesting. Rory Loy & Philip Roberts battling it out for a contract one preseason being an example trialist strike partnership.

1 hour ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Can’t imagine the shirt sponsorship will be bringing in much money but at least we will get paid unlike last season’s debacle.

Would be interesting to see the comparison of what CD were paying us, against what ClarkeE and CC are now. I agree its likely pennies, but a sign of how far we've fallen. 

1 minute ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

Aye, a bugbear of mine (aesthetically) over the last few years was navy shorts. They should ALWAYS be white.

A bit further back was that fucking shield we had around the badge. What was that all about?!

Bring back the EST 1876 now please 

3 minutes ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

Aye, a bugbear of mine (aesthetically) over the last few years was navy shorts. They should ALWAYS be white.

A bit further back was that fucking shield we had around the badge. What was that all about?!

The shield badge was absolutely horrible eh. Gave off major Raith/ diddy vibes. Don't think I bought a single shirt whilst they persisted with that 

Edited by NavyBlueArmy1876

10 minutes ago, Bairney The Dinosaur said:

I know it means f**k all really but does it bug anyone else how slack the social media output is. 

Feels like just about every second tweet has some basic error. 

thought that there aswell. has to be some sort of proof reading into them

1 hour ago, FFC 1876 said:

I'm hoping there's a few rogue trialists always makes the friendly games more interesting. Rory Loy & Philip Roberts battling it out for a contract one preseason being an example trialist strike partnership.

One of the twitter goons seemed to suggest that we had a guy on trial at the moment who was likely to feature on Friday. Benni Smales-Braithwaite.

Do I believe this twitter goon? No

Just seen the stats for Crunchie on twitter, 4 spells at the club, 355 appearances, 60 goals.

The thing that makes the wee magic man so special to me is,  when I used to speak to him in the Leapark in Grangemouth you could tell how much the club meant to him and how much he relished every single one of those appearances. He was basically living all of our dreams.

26 minutes ago, Chinatoon Bairn said:

One of the twitter goons seemed to suggest that we had a guy on trial at the moment who was likely to feature on Friday. Benni Smales-Braithwaite.

I wouldn't pay too much attention to that page but there's definitely trialists in as somebody from the facebook page posted a picture of the team training down at little kerse and there were a few unknown faces.

36 minutes ago, Chinatoon Bairn said:

The Falkirk Herald mention we are after this guy.