The Falkirk FC Thread

12 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I’m hearing Sibbs might not be too far behind him. I sincerely hope that’s not true though.

If this is true then you'd think it must be the Imrie connection from Livingston and Cameron Blues has probably also put in a word

3 hours ago, FK1Bairn said:

If this is true then you'd think it must be the Imrie connection from Livingston and Cameron Blues has probably also put in a word

Could be a number of things ie wages, Championship football and/or maybe McGlynn simply doesn’t fancy him, or Sibbs doesn’t fancy returning.

Would be good to have another decent signing for the strip release. Just a slight worry after the first two/three new players in, it’s went very quiet. 

35 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Could be a number of things ie wages, Championship football and/or maybe McGlynn simply doesn’t fancy him, or Sibbs doesn’t fancy returning.

Would be good to have another decent signing for the strip release. Just a slight worry after the first two/three new players in, it’s went very quiet. 

Yep, it'll be fairly difficult to persuade guys to drop 2 levels, more so then there's doubt whether that club can/will win the league.  You guys have Kelty and Dunfermline this season to finish above.  If it was clear that you were going to pish the league, these guys are more likely to join.  They're far more likely to drop 1 level imo.

54 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

Any chance we will have a new signing modelling the new kit? Or since BB done the shoot for it last week, would it be impossible for that info not to have leaked in that time? I will be seriously impressed with the new board if it's the latter. 

No. This idea keeps cropping up, but to my knowledge the club have never unveiled a signing that way and I don't think they ever will.  

A signing is a big story. They get loads of hits, likes, comments and people interacting with them on social media. Every time they do one their profile and popularity goes into orbit. 

A strip release has a similar impact. 

If they combined the two events they wouldn't get double the hits because there are only so many Falkirk fans in the world that would respond. So it's better for them to keep big stories for different days. 

Besides which, AFAIK there are no signings imminent and there certainly aren't any stories being held back for the kit launch.  

49 minutes ago, Saucy babe said:

I’m a mortgage broker in Falkirk and can confirm Charlie Adam has just bought a house in Airth. Was chatting to his woman and we’ve agreed a contract with him, he’s being announced with the new kits.  

^ Charlie Adam's 'woman' imo

2 minutes ago, Jackie Myles said:

Not overly happy with the sponsor to be honest. What are the club going to do to cater for us meat eaters? 

I'm a builder. Words cannot express how ANGRY I was when our sponsor was a demolition company 

2 hours ago, Saucy babe said:

I’m a mortgage broker in Falkirk and can confirm Charlie Adam has just bought a house in Airth. Was chatting to his woman and we’ve agreed a contract with him, he’s being announced with the new kits.  

Don’t believe you.

Totally unprofessional and just bollocks.

9 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Two golden oldies with the young rabid dog Hamilton in beside them.

I'm not against having three in the middle, my concern is that we don't have any strikers that look to play well as the lone striker. 

We also don't have any wide midfielders atm. Unless McPake is playing some sort of 4312.

Looks like Morrison and Oliver up front for Fridays game then.  It'll be interesting to see who from those remaining McGlynn might fancy as starters.  

Hope there's a plan to bring Crunchie on for 5-10minutes and a testimonial style dubious penalty

Edited by Proudtobeabairn

Guest FFC1965

Looking forward to seeing the new kit.  Im a fan of simple navy and white top (the one Super Sam wore when scoring his hatrick at Airdrie is my all time favourite top) white shorts and red socks, but then I know Im not the target market (I only wear a replica football jersey when playing 5s).  We've had red socks for a few seasons now so I can see something different happening this time  

I always like a yellow away kit but can see the logic in having a largely red away kit as a nod to to the 25th anniversary of the 1997 cup final and of course Crunchies part in it.  They'd shift plenty of those .   

I dont want 

- stripes on the home jersey 

- navy shorts / all navy a la 2017 - 2019

- a daft pattern (2020/2021)

- a blue away kit  🤣 FFS we actually did that

- red numbers on a blue jersey (yes 1985/86 Im looking at you)

- navy blue socks with red tops (too Hunnish)