The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Even having lost a couple of players, Airdrie would still consider themselves to be miles ahead of what we had pre recent signings. We probably need 8 new faces just to get close to where Airdrie are at this point in time.

They might have 'done a Falkirk' by putting an unknown entity in the dugout. Hopefully this will bite them on the arse.

For all the talk about signings, I would not mind seeing an outgoing or seven. McGlynn has inherited pretty much the worst squad in the club's 146-year history. Performed for a month, sacked it off for the other eight. A disgraceful bunch. Getting them out the door is going to be a hell of a challenge, in some cases mission impossible. Compare it to McKinnon. Within weeks of his appointment, some of the worst of Hartley and Mitch's mad mental summer had been paid off and sent packing. And by the following close season, all eighteen of the ton of dross signed that summer had gone, giving McKinnon pretty much a clean slate to build his own squad. McGlynn will be afforded no such resource or luxury due to the contractual and financial situation.

I did think we might have been further on in terms of squad construction, given how early our season finished and the appointment of the new management team was made. But that was on the (forlorn) hope that some of last season's lot would have buggered off. Hasn't happened. McGlynn has strengthened the defensive spine of the team. McGinn could be a decent signing and might also provide a bit of the leadership which we've lacked for years. But as it stands, there's still no drive or mobility in the middle of the park and nothing in the final third - perhaps an on-form Morrison apart - that would give any opposition defence cause for concern. Loads of room for improvement, but the manager, if one hand tied behind his back would be an overstatement, is severely restricted by what he has inherited. A pity, as give him the resource and freedom of his predecessors, and I'd back him all day long against the likes of McPake or the rookies that Airdrie and QOS are going with in the dug-out.

4 minutes ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

Ken squad numbers mean f**k all usually, but Hetherington, Nesbitt and McGuffie retaining 8, 10 and 11 gives me a wee bit of the fear x

Don't think we should look too much into that, it's probably for a bit of continuity and to avoid giving their morale a gut punch - numbers mean nothing these days so I wouldn't assume this means McGlynn sees them as starters (hopefully)!

44 minutes ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

Ken squad numbers mean f**k all usually, but Hetherington, Nesbitt and McGuffie retaining 8, 10 and 11 gives me a wee bit of the fear x

Somebody on the facebook page posted a picture of the team training at little kerse today, it was difficult to make out as the photo looked like it had been taken off a tattie but I couldn't see a Wilson or a Holt and neither incidentally have been in anything the club has put out. 

Counted 19 bodies, some of which were youngsters, 2 goalkeepers in Martin & Morrison and a few other unfamiliar faces. Given we're supposed to have 20 signed players that means a fair few of them were missing today which is positive. Obviously could just be injured but I'd rather think positively. 

On the negative front Mckay, Hetherington and Seb Ross were visible.

23 minutes ago, Andy Dufresne said:

Screenshot_20220618-192658_Samsung Internet.jpg

Hopefully they come to their senses and send him here for more game time and to learn off super Stephen McGinn. Mccall normally has his way with sevco loans but he's also stuck on a midfield duo of Docherty & Bannigan.

1 hour ago, Jackie Myles said:

I'm hoping mcglynn will get a lot more out of some of these players. He's managed to turn Brad Spencer into a footballer so anything is surely possible.

………but there will be no miraculous “Brad double” with our McKay.

53 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

………but there will be no miraculous “Brad double” with our McKay.

Wrong time of year for miracles being performed and i don't think JC himself let alone JM could perform that one turning Brad McKay into a decent defender let alone defender