The Falkirk FC Thread

2 hours ago, HonestAl said:

Dunno if they were on our (McGlynn’s) radar but Luca Connell has signed for League One Barnsley and Callum Hendry for League Two Salford City

Add Darwin Núñez to that list. Heard he’s signed for Liverpool. 

🙄

Edited by Rocco

14 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

As I'm not into guys I don't think either are sexy, so I can't really comment. 

I don't think there would be many people into guys if the scale was Barry Robson to Lex Miller to be fair.

Whilst I would like signings in as soon as possible, to help gel quicker in time for the start of the league season, I found this interesting

3fe83be09c0946ab9f82273a88ce3366.jpg

Perhaps just where we are at with the window, but I didn’t think we’d be in the top 6 for number of signings so far.

Like others have said, McGlynn seems to know the loan markets well, potentially the best we’ve had since Yogis days, and these may take more time to come in.

I expect we will make 1-2 more proper big signings. Maybe a striker and midfielder. Then during the cup game period utilise the all the loans we can (max 4 domestic) and that’ll be us.

Unless we are able to get rid off a few of last season diddies I can’t see us properly signing more than 2 players.

19 minutes ago, Trump said:

Whilst I would like signings in as soon as possible, to help gel quicker in time for the start of the league season, I found this interesting

3fe83be09c0946ab9f82273a88ce3366.jpg

Perhaps just where we are at with the window, but I didn’t think we’d be in the top 6 for number of signings so far.

Like others have said, McGlynn seems to know the loan markets well, potentially the best we’ve had since Yogis days, and these may take more time to come in.

It's just more prominent due to there not being any football on at the moment so we're relying on some signings to excite us. Definitely need another 6/7 signings in so I'm glad we've done a fair amount of business early on, we'll also have been pipped to other signings by championship clubs. 

Airdrie and the Scum have only made the two new signings this summer as another comparison. Queens needed a full rebuild so no surprise to see them bring in a fair few, the quality of some of their signings has been guff though. 

We need energy in the team now which is obviously more likely to come from the loans we bring in but I'm still hopeful McGlynn manages to find a bit more quality to bring in permanently as well.

Edited by FFC 1876

40 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

It's just more prominent due to there not being any football on at the moment so we're relying on some signings to excite us. Definitely need another 6/7 signings in so I'm glad we've done a fair amount of business early on, we'll also have been pipped to other signings by championship clubs. 

Airdrie and the Scum have only made the two new signings this summer as another comparison. Queens needed a full rebuild so no surprise to see them bring in a fair few, the quality of some of their signings has been guff though. 

We need energy in the team now which is obviously more likely to come from the loans we bring in but I'm still hopeful McGlynn manages to find a bit more quality to bring in permanently as well.

Beginning to suspect that there’s a significant lower number of players available compared to previous close seasons, mainly due to the circumstances of Covid, cost cutting and reduction in playing staff across most clubs.
Makes it more difficult to get the better players signed as agents will be “at auction” Really hoping McGlynn has got a couple of aces up his sleeve, as desperately still needing four ( RB ARMF CFx2)

8 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Beginning to suspect that there’s a significant lower number of players available compared to previous close seasons, mainly due to the circumstances of Covid, cost cutting and reduction in playing staff across most clubs.
Makes it more difficult to get the better players signed as agents will be “at auction” Really hoping McGlynn has got a couple of aces up his sleeve, as desperately still needing four ( RB ARMF CFx2)

Han Solo Bad Feeling GIF - Han Solo Bad Feeling Star Wars - Discover &  Share GIFs

😋

1 hour ago, FFC 1876 said:

Queens needed a full rebuild so no surprise to see them bring in a fair few, the quality of some of their signings has been guff though. 

Yes, in recent seasons Queens have had an almost full re-build required.  However, that's not been entirely the case this season with some retentions from last season, and also we have now re-signed a number of last season's squad (the better ones obviously).  Previously under the likes of Johnston we have left recruitment late, presumably waiting on players who had multiple offers to make their minds up and then ended up with some dross (hence where we are).  However, Gibson's approach this season has been the opposite, to recruit early having made up his mind who he wants - although he still has some offers out to players who will have other options.  It's refreshingly different to recent seasons though - will it work out?  Who knows.

Edited by Otis Blue

just announced - some good soul has donated this to FSS:

🚨Calling ALL @FalkirkFC fans🚨

Join Falkirk Supporters Society by 12pm on Wed 22nd June & YOU could win 2 places in the Brockville Lounge next Friday night inc a complimentary bar 🍻. Prize worth £100! 

Draw will include existing members already subscribed & new subscribers. 

Prize donated by an FSS committee member.

54 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Maybe I'm missing something, but does what you're saying not mean that there will be more players available, not less?

1 hour ago, Roboccop said:

just announced - some good soul has donated this to FSS:

🚨Calling ALL @FalkirkFC fans🚨

Join Falkirk Supporters Society by 12pm on Wed 22nd June & YOU could win 2 places in the Brockville Lounge next Friday night inc a complimentary bar 🍻. Prize worth £100! 

Draw will include existing members already subscribed & new subscribers. 

Prize donated by an FSS committee member.

Talking of FSS, I still didn't get that  most recent newsletter (had everything else up to that one).  Anything of interest in it?  

Dipped into some other teams threads there (which I rarely do).  Quite a bit of quiet optimism on show, especially from QOS and Airdrie fans.  With the Fifer likely to be decent and yet to make a few signings too its building up to be an interesting season.  Nothing really happening yet for Kelty it seems though they might be happy to consolidate this year.  

Didn’t someone say that Kelty aren’t being externally bankrolled this season?

If that’s the case, I would imagine they will be drawing their horns in significantly.

Even having lost a couple of players, Airdrie would still consider themselves to be miles ahead of what we had pre recent signings. We probably need 8 new faces just to get close to where Airdrie are at this point in time.