The Falkirk FC Thread

2 hours ago, Rugster said:

Jamie Swinney saying on Twitter we would hope to do some more business in this window. It's bloody essential we do more business.

We will sign more players that’s a certainty. We won’t go into the season with Malcolm as one of our main striking options. We will sign at least 2 more strikers.

1 hour ago, FFC 1876 said:

Would love to see Kabia back, permanently would be even better given he's now going into his last year at Livingston. Full faith in McGlynn to pull off some quality loan signings given his previous history in that market but they'll most likely be much later in the window.

Don't see why loans can't be done now, that's assuming that the parent club know that they won't be involved in the 1st team. There's been one or two that have gone through already so I'd be hoping McGlynn is on it as I'm sure there'll be other clubs in for them too.

Would love to see Kabia back, permanently would be even better given he's now going into his last year at Livingston. Full faith in McGlynn to pull off some quality loan signings given his previous history in that market but they'll most likely be much later in the window.

Would rather take that Henderson boy who was at Alloa on loan than Kabia.

Kabia was always on his arse and down injured. Wouldn’t mind him back but Euan would be better

Edit:

Also, I believe loans tend to be made later in the window so probs won’t see any loans till the cup games at least

9 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Don't see why loans can't be done now, that's assuming that the parent club know that they won't be involved in the 1st team. There's been one or two that have gone through already so I'd be hoping McGlynn is on it as I'm sure there'll be other clubs in for them too.

I think most teams just like to have their youngsters with them for their preseason before making a decision on whether to loan them out or not. Probably know as well if they hold onto them for longer they can get more clubs interested and hopefully drive up the amount of wages paid. But I get your point it's incredibly frustrating when the players clearly not getting near the first team.

1 hour ago, Mon_Eh_Bairns2018 said:

Kabia was always on his arse and down injured. Wouldn’t mind him back but Euan would be better

Edit:

Also, I believe loans tend to be made later in the window so probs won’t see any loans till the cup games at least

He was down injured a lot, however that started after he was kicked rotten and injured against Peterhead. He never seemed to show the same enthusiasm after that. I also have a suspicion that he winds defenders up, based on nothing much other than the routine kickings he got and the east Fife defender (Higgins?) grabbing him by the throat for no apparent reason on his debut.

6 hours ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

😆😁 The main kit pics and video were done earlier in the week. I've no immediate plans to visit TFS other than getting one final shot of the KM7 branding on the glass panels of the South stand, which should be going up this morning.  

On a scale of Barry Robson to BSLM, how sexy are the kits?

Edit:

This.

Kabia had a really good debut away to East Fife but fell away and was murder in his last 7 or 8 games. Any sort of contact and he’s rolling about the floor nae strength whatsoever.

Thought he was vastly overrated by a lot of our fans. There is definitely a player there but if he doesn’t toughen up he’s never going to be properly effective.

2 minutes ago, Russ said:

This.

Kabia had a really good debut away to East Fife but fell away and was murder in his last 7 or 8 games. Any sort of contact and he’s rolling about the floor nae strength whatsoever.

Thought he was vastly overrated by a lot of our fans. There is definitely a player there but if he doesn’t toughen up he’s never going to be properly effective.

I don't think he every properly recovered from the injury he picked up. Get the feeling he was just playing through the pain after it. He's big, quick, a nuisance and certainly more than good enough for this league. 

Kabia was a pler, no doubt. But he is young, raw, maybe a bit skittish form wise just like all young players. Once again, he came in and we needed/wanted more from him than he could really give. 

Bringing him in as part of a unit of 3 or 4 strikers who work together, one or two of whom have good experience, and one of whom is the main expected goal-getter would be a totally different set of circumstances to bringing him in beside Dowds who desperately wanted away and the shadow of Leigh Griffiths. 

I still think we need another right back, the chances of Williamson going through the season injury free are slim and none. I think we need another centre mid that can mix it and isn't Hetherington. A winger and two strikers. And if we can shift more of the dross even better.

2 hours ago, ebobsboy said:

I still think we need another right back, the chances of Williamson going through the season injury free are slim and none. I think we need another centre mid that can mix it and isn't Hetherington. A winger and two strikers. And if we can shift more of the dross even better.

He has to get something out the contracted players because some of them will be playing most weeks.

You never know new manager fresh start might even be a positional change and its as good as a new sighing seen it before. Yogi to center back being a good example.

Here's hoping !

I believe average money in English L1 is £4.1kpw and L2 is £2.2kpw. Obviously some above and some below to make that average. Get to their Championship, and L1 averages near enough quadruple. Bonkers money compared to up here.

37 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

He has to get something out the contracted players because some of them will be playing most weeks.

You never know new manager fresh start might even be a positional change and its as good as a new sighing seen it before. Yogi to center back being a good example.

Here's hoping !

Yogi to centre back was a very fortunate masterstroke because he was fucking awful everywhere else. Jaime Wilson to selling pies will be just as good.