The Falkirk FC Thread

13 hours ago, ebobsboy said:

Which makes you wonder how exactly he was helping the club when Miller got the gig short term.  On identifying players alone it looks very much like McGlynn has came in and went no that's not happening, I'll be bringing players in that I know. 

Rennie apparently stopped giving advice on football matters but remained helping changes to background structures etc based on his knowledge of his other clubs’ functions. 

That seems reasonable to me. Miller failed to cover himself in glory with the remaining matches and I’m guessing that’s the end of his management dreams. Given the issue with Rennie appears to be the players feeling he didn’t have the playing career to demand respect ( which is stupid of them but there you go) so failing to play hard for him then it all makes sense. It’s a bloody Scottish thing but then you’d think they’d play their hearts out for Miller if that was the only reason. Perhaps it was too late by then. 

Rennie was a decent guy - but footballers are a strange lot and even an accent matters to them. 

Edited by Roboccop

Just now, FFC 1876 said:

All I'm saying is if they've chose Jaime Wilson to be one of the models there will be a full scale riot.

Holt for the goalie tap, Wilson home and Brad McKay for the away strip and I'm torching the place.

2 minutes ago, Roboccop said:

Rennie apparently stopped giving advice of football matters but remained helping changes to background structures etc based on his knowledge of his other clubs function. 

That seems reasonable to me. Miller failed to cover himself in glory with the remaining matches and I’m guessing that’s the end of his management dreams. Given the issue with Rennie appears to be the players feeling he didn’t have the playing career to demand respect ( which is stupid of them but there you go) so lacking respect for him then it all makes sense. It’s a bloody Scottish thing but then you’d think they’d play their hearts out for Miller if that was the only reason. Perhaps it was too late by then. 

Martin Rennie played for Dunipace Juniors, a level considerably beyond the abilities of many of the wage thieves in that squad.

Not a criticism, more of a wondering - given the new the kits have been photographed etc why are we waiting a week to launch? Presume awaiting them to be in stock but would like to see them asap even if not in stock at the shop yet.

2 minutes ago, Rugster said:

Not a criticism, more of a wondering - given the new the kits have been photographed etc why are we waiting a week to launch? Presume awaiting them to be in stock but would like to see them asap even if not in stock at the shop yet.

Waiting for some sexy new signing to model them imo.

23 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Our current starting 11 for the Crunchie game next week. 

PJ
Williamson Coll Henderson Mackie
McGinn Hetherington
Morrison Oliver Mcguffie
Malcolm

That starting 11 shows the huge amount of work still to be done if we’re to have a title challenging squad imo

4 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

That starting 11 shows the huge amount of work still to be done if we’re to have a title challenging squad imo

Jamie Swinney saying on Twitter we would hope to do some more business in this window. It's bloody essential we do more business.

1 hour ago, some_guy said:

@Bainsfordbairn I was thinking about popping along to the Westfield for lunch, can you let us know what the soup if the day is when you arrive to take pictures of our sexy new players in our sexy new kits? 

Disclaimer: Gingers and man buns exclude players from the sexy category

Em, man buns are an essential part of the sexy category @Bainsfordbairn !

6 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Indeed but at the same time the only player who's signed for another club in our league that I'm disappointed we missed out on is Chris Hamilton and given he's a scum fan that was inevitable. 

Other than that I'd maybe have had Ruth as an option and possibly Innes Murray as he looked good in the playoffs for Edinburgh.

Lols, I know the clamor for signings is natural, but think a bit more. We haven't even signed a single loan player. Mcglynn is a veteran who knows the market very well. We'll almost definitely be signing another half dozen players or so, but often the quality only comes once the league season is beginning. 

20 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

Lols, I know the clamor for signings is natural, but think a bit more. We haven't even signed a single loan player. Mcglynn is a veteran who knows the market very well. We'll almost definitely be signing another half dozen players or so, but often the quality only comes once the league season is beginning. 

I'd be happy to see Kabia coming back on loan and also Williamson from sevco, who I think McGlynn signed for RR last season? Surely wee Ross Wilson could do us a turn there?

5 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

I'd be happy to see Kabia coming back on loan and also Williamson from sevco, who I think McGlynn signed for RR last season? Surely wee Ross Wilson could do us a turn there?

Would love Kabia back

1 minute ago, ShaggerG said:

Would love to see Kabia back, permanently would be even better given he's now going into his last year at Livingston. Full faith in McGlynn to pull off some quality loan signings given his previous history in that market but they'll most likely be much later in the window.