The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, ShaggerG said:

Bought my Crunchie ticket today. The donation there is the one for helping the community rather than donating to the club. (Same as the ST one.)

I could be wrong but all the money raised stays with the club as it’s set aside to allow those struggling to afford to come along the chance at STs or match tickets. Don’t think any of the cash leaves the club to go elsewhere. 

The idea of donating to the FSS though is a good one as goes directly to club funds too but allows the FSS to increase the shareholding. 

2 hours ago, ebobsboy said:

He had a contract till the end of this season, you'd imagine he won't be on much, it's a bit of a sore one for the boy if true given he never got a chance and there's dross like Wilson still stinking the place out with a year left.

Oh I thought he was handed a one year contract. I must have misread it. Having caught up on the rest of thread, yes, Rennie signed him up until end of May 2023. Without further explanation, it seems to have been a strange move as by that point in time, Rennie must have already been working out his own exit strategy.

Edited by Duncan Freemason

7 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Oh I thought he was handed a one year contract. I must have misread it. Having caught up on the rest of thread, yes, Rennie signed him up until end of May 2023. Without further explanation, it seems to have been a strange move as by that point in time, Rennie must have already been working out his own exit strategy.

Which makes you wonder how exactly he was helping the club when Miller got the gig short term.  On identifying players alone it looks very much like McGlynn has came in and went no that's not happening, I'll be bringing players in that I know. 

49 minutes ago, Brockers61 said:

Yes, I'd be happy enough if FSS applied an uplift of say, 5%, every 12 months to my monthly contribution. £10 per month just now automatically increasing to £10.50 per month next year isn't going to have a great impact on me, but the compound effect of several hundred fans increasing contribution by a fixed percentage every year would add up to a few thousand extra shares each year being purchased by FSS.    

Good idea.

9 hours ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

2300 was the final tally.  

I suspect we won't be far from that figure again, though the cost of living crisis will have an impact. 

Last year we still had Gary Holt in the building, nobody knew when full crowds would return after covid and Sheerin was an unknown. The board weren't fully hated yet as the Q&A hadn't happened but they weren't universally loved either, despite the efforts of Batatabairn. 

We now have a popular board, no bogeymen hanging around and a manager who's well regarded and whose signings look promising. 

Are you sure?

6 minutes ago, some_guy said:

@Bainsfordbairn I was thinking about popping along to the Westfield for lunch, can you let us know what the soup if the day is when you arrive to take pictures of our sexy new players in our sexy new kits? 

Disclaimer: Gingers and man buns exclude players from the sexy category

😆😁 The main kit pics and video were done earlier in the week. I've no immediate plans to visit TFS other than getting one final shot of the KM7 branding on the glass panels of the South stand, which should be going up this morning.  

15 minutes ago, some_guy said:

@Bainsfordbairn I was thinking about popping along to the Westfield for lunch, can you let us know what the soup if the day is when you arrive to take pictures of our sexy new players in our sexy new kits? 

Disclaimer: Gingers and man buns exclude players from the sexy category

Kit launches next week according to Jamie Swinney.