The Falkirk FC Thread

8 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Yes, I bought mine. I had given the Main Stand a go, but not for me. Back to the KM7 stand for the coming season. I did the worthy cause donation, but like you, was a wee bit disappointed that there wasn’t a forego EB price. Even if but allowed you to split it twixt club and worthy cause would have been good.

Went as far as the checkout today and there's still no option to donate. Didn't renew as I want to put a few extra quid in so will wait until it's sorted. They've surely missed out on a good few grand from the folk, like yourself, that have already paid?

On 15/06/2022 at 12:18, Duncan Freemason said:

……and that post sums you up perfectly. Look, we have recognised you exist. That should keep you going for a while. Now just f**k off.

Give us a fucking break both of you should meet up for a square go somewhere  I log on to read about the footie and I’m sure I’m not the only one fed up reading the pish you two utter 

2 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

Finally some preseason pictures! Majority of the leftovers from last season in them, even Finlay Malcolm who people on here said had already been paid off.

That must be the shortest contract ever if that's the case.  He only just signed during the season 

53 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Sean Mackie. That's actually Leon McCann in front of him too, wonder if that's how they'll line up on the park?

I don't fancy that, need a bit more creativity in the team and pushing Mccann on one wouldn't really do that for me. I think Mackie's played a few positions over the years, I remember him coming on for Hibs at left wing a while back so that could be the go to just depends how good he is going forward.

Edited by FFC 1876

McCann will start the season on the bench I think unless Mackie picks up an injury or it becomes apparent after a few games that he's utter dugmeat. Which you'd hope with McGlynn in charge the days of us signing dross are over or at the very least severely reduced. 

1 hour ago, ShaggerG said:

Went as far as the checkout today and there's still no option to donate. Didn't renew as I want to put a few extra quid in so will wait until it's sorted. They've surely missed out on a good few grand from the folk, like yourself, that have already paid?

Sadly, I would say “yes”. Going to an entirely new platform (and a fairly young company at that) is likely to bring with some negatives along with the positives. Seems as if it hasn’t really been tested hard enough in the real world.

Just got to hope the service provider are light enough on their feet to fix things fast……..as in hours rather than days.

15 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

That must be the shortest contract ever if that's the case.  He only just signed during the season 

Don’t know if he was paid off. He was a Rennie signing (and a baffling one at that given virtually zero game time). Has he perhaps been told he is free to find another club in a “mutual agreement” type of thing?

4 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Don’t know if he was paid off. He was a Rennie signing (and a baffling one at that given virtually zero game time). Has he perhaps been told he is free to find another club in a “mutual agreement” type of thing?

He had a contract till the end of this season, you'd imagine he won't be on much, it's a bit of a sore one for the boy if true given he never got a chance and there's dross like Wilson still stinking the place out with a year left.

3 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

He had a contract till the end of this season, you'd imagine he won't be on much, it's a bit of a sore one for the boy if true given he never got a chance and there's dross like Wilson still stinking the place out with a year left.

Malcolm has a contract till the end of next season.

1 hour ago, ShaggerG said:

Don’t know if it helps you but whilst the donate button isn’t there for renewing, if you are still to buy your match ticket for the Crunchie game online, it offers a chance to donate then too. 

That way your ST is bought & you can donate when buying your Crunchie game ticket 👍🏼

7 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

Don’t know if it helps you but whilst the donate button isn’t there for renewing, if you are still to buy your match ticket for the Crunchie game online, it offers a chance to donate then too. 

That way your ST is bought & you can donate when buying your Crunchie game ticket 👍🏼

Bought my Crunchie ticket today. The donation there is the one for helping the community rather than donating to the club. (Same as the ST one.)

1 minute ago, ShaggerG said:

Bought my Crunchie ticket today. The donation there is the one for helping the community rather than donating to the club. (Same as the ST one.)

You could subscribe to FSS or increase your subscription if already a member.

3 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Actually think the best way for anybody wanting to help the club by donating a few quid is this, it’s pretty simple to do online and at least the money goes towards buying the supporters society more shares and influence as opposed to just gifting the club money. I’m sure they accept one of donations as well, you don’t have to take out a subscription or become a member. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

25 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Already a member and I'm aware that I can increase. It's not just me though, I'm sure 100s of folk would pay more when faced with the option while the same folk maybe wouldn't join the FSS because it's less of an 'in the moment, impulse kind of thing', if you see what I mean?

6 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Already a member and I'm aware that I can increase. It's not just me though, I'm sure 100s of folk would pay more when faced with the option while the same folk maybe wouldn't join the FSS because it's less of an 'in the moment, impulse kind of thing', if you see what I mean?

Yes, I'd be happy enough if FSS applied an uplift of say, 5%, every 12 months to my monthly contribution. £10 per month just now automatically increasing to £10.50 per month next year isn't going to have a great impact on me, but the compound effect of several hundred fans increasing contribution by a fixed percentage every year would add up to a few thousand extra shares each year being purchased by FSS.    

2 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Sadly, I would say “yes”. Going to an entirely new platform (and a fairly young company at that) is likely to bring with some negatives along with the positives. Seems as if it hasn’t really been tested hard enough in the real world.

Just got to hope the service provider are light enough on their feet to fix things fast……..as in hours rather than days.

If its SAP, SAGE, FIREFOX they have the best IT business support if its another it can be varied depending on the problem. If the club did the appropriate background checks it should be well covered.