The Falkirk FC Thread

Impressive start, what do we think is the likely figure? Around 2000?

I had a moan about not wanting to renew while watching Rennies shambles but I've since come to (or lost) my senses and I'm all in for this year. Think we've made some sensible signings so far but obviously this early there's a lot more work to be done before we'll be competitive.

Really hoping there's some way of punting McKay, Wilson, Williamson, Holt and Ross to free up more of the budget.

Our group dropped to 3 STs last year from 5 but its looking like it might go back up to 4 at the least this coming season.

I think this is the first time I've had a ST since greaseball Hartley was in the building.

Our group dropped to 3 STs last year from 5 but its looking like it might go back up to 4 at the least this coming season.
I think this is the first time I've had a ST since greaseball Hartley was in the building.
I think maybe this season is my first ST since then too. After he did well when he came in, then appealed for STs to boost the budget I bought, thinking I would do my bit and he might just be the man to take us back up.

Since then, the boardroom, not the admittedly horrifying playing squads are whats put me off. But it's our club again, so despite work ensuring I can never get to all matches, i put my money in in advance in the hope it makes a difference.

51 minutes ago, Syd Puddefoot said:

Believe we had 2400 or there abouts. A great start.

2300 was the final tally.  

I suspect we won't be far from that figure again, though the cost of living crisis will have an impact. 

Last year we still had Gary Holt in the building, nobody knew when full crowds would return after covid and Sheerin was an unknown. The board weren't fully hated yet as the Q&A hadn't happened but they weren't universally loved either, despite the efforts of Batatabairn. 

We now have a popular board, no bogeymen hanging around and a manager who's well regarded and whose signings look promising. 

I would imagine that the club would be happy if we doubled the current amount, considering all the historical shite and high rises with all our utilities. If we surpass, it would be fantastic. Great to see such good numbers buying tickets with still a bit of time to get the early bird discount. 

Batatabairn? Was that Bantabairn? Our own wee footballing version of Chemical Ali?
I remember his cardinal mistake of using “we” instead of “they”. It kind of got brushed aside at the time, but he knew that I knew he had just fucked up.

That was the one major blessing with the bad guys in and around the club. They were all devious, they were largely incompetent, and crucially, none of them were particularly bright. Sooner or later, one after the other, they all fell into line and fucked up.

The one exception was Gordon Colborn. A smart guy who for whatever reason allowed himself to be dragged into a mess really not of his making.

Edited by Duncan Freemason

4 minutes ago, Springfield said:

I would imagine that the club would be happy if we doubled the current amount, considering all the historical shite and high rises with all our utilities. If we surpass, it would be fantastic. Great to see such good numbers buying tickets with still a bit of time to get the early bird discount. 

The early bird thing is I suppose, a good thing in these difficult times. I actually thought there might have been an option to forego the discount (for those able to, and wanting to). The partnership is there for other organisations, but not for FFC itself. To actually break the 2,500 mark would be amazing Tbh.

28 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

The early bird thing is I suppose, a good thing in these difficult times. I actually thought there might have been an option to forego the discount (for those able to, and wanting to). The partnership is there for other organisations, but not for FFC itself. To actually break the 2,500 mark would be amazing Tbh.

Have you bought a ST yet? I emailed Jamie Swinney asking why there was no option to add a donation to the ST price and was told that it was a problem with the system but that it would be sorted. I haven't bought mine yet but assumed that the option would have been added by now?

4 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Have you bought a ST yet? I emailed Jamie Swinney asking why there was no option to add a donation to the ST price and was told that it was a problem with the system but that it would be sorted. I haven't bought mine yet but assumed that the option would have been added by now?

As far as I'm aware that is available on new ST purchases but not on renewals.

There is also another glitch when changing a renewal to an installments option with other non-installment packages it won't let you complete the purchase. JS is aware of this too.

1 hour ago, ShaggerG said:

I renewed mine but I seem to have been charged the full rate rather than the Early Bird rate.

That'll do for a donation from me.

1 hour ago, ShaggerG said:

Yes, I bought mine. I had given the Main Stand a go, but not for me. Back to the KM7 stand for the coming season. I did the worthy cause donation, but like you, was a wee bit disappointed that there wasn’t a forego EB price. Even if but allowed you to split it twixt club and worthy cause would have been good.