The Falkirk FC Thread

How was Michael Ruth for you guys? 
Doesn't really matter in all honesty. The next club to get him on loan will see something different to what we did, unless you have a squad and management team that's as calamitously bad as he worked under with us.

Hes raw, young, not physically strong enough for what we asked him to do, which was the lead the line on his own.

He did score a few goals though, but closer inspection would reveal a couple he literally couldn't miss, and one that was credited to him that I didn't think he touched.

I be inclined to reserve too much judgement on the laddie as he certainly wasn't a complete clown like some we've had recently. One thing I will say is that he goes down way too easily and too often rather than fight for a ball that may result in a chance.

Short version, if you bring him in to be in the squad and not rely solely on him, he'll probably do OK.

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

Doesn't really matter in all honesty. The next club to get him on loan will see something different to what we did, unless you have a squad and management team that's as calamitously bad as he worked under with us.

Hes raw, young, not physically strong enough for what we asked him to do, which was the lead the line on his own.

He did score a few goals though, but closer inspection would reveal a couple he literally couldn't miss, and one that was credited to him that I didn't think he touched.

I be inclined to reserve too much judgement on the laddie as he certainly wasn't a complete clown like some we've had recently. One thing I will say is that he goes down way too easily and too often rather than fight for a ball that may result in a chance.

Short version, if you bring him in to be in the squad and not rely solely on him, he'll probably do OK.

Aberdeen freed him so if you have a couple of seasons and bulk him out a bit you could have a player. Bit of the Shankly method of steaks every day and build up the upper body strength with the weights.

1 hour ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I watched Crunchie star for us in every spell he had with us including his short loan from Chelsea and class myself to have been blessed in every minute I seen him play.

From a star struck 9 year old to a 28 year old my understanding of the game changed but my joy of watching Crunchie never. Is there anything better in football than watching a winger skin a fullback ? To my mind there isn’t.

To me, this game isn’t a friendly vs Killie, it’s a chance for me to show my appreciation for a guy I loved watching and gave me so much joy. 

We need to come out in numbers as we will never, ever have another Crunchie at Falkirk.

Saw him play at Camelon Juniors the season before and stood out as a class act. Could mix it with the old pro's and give as good as he got.

Skinning Frankie Gray of Leeds in his first game he had him spinning like a top - what a memory.

2 hours ago, Braes_Bairn said:

Could have predicted the low turnout. I recon lucky to make 1,000 for a friendly. Would have been so much better unveiling at first league match.

sorry.... but this is a match solely to commemorate Crunchie, invite his friends, ex team mates and family down. The focus is on the wee man, irrispective of opposition. To have done it with a league match v Dunfermline or the first game of the season would have just totally distracted it from the occasion it should be.

Those that go will be there to show their appreciation to a Falkirk legend and nothing else !

The Hearts and Huntly goals are rightly talked about, but Crunchie scored against Dunfermline in the 97 Cup run as well (about 40s in, love the celebration)

and set one up against Raith in the next round I think. 

Edited by cbhaf

2 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I watched Crunchie star for us in every spell he had with us including his short loan from Chelsea and class myself to have been blessed in every minute I seen him play.

From a star struck 9 year old to a 28 year old my understanding of the game changed but my joy of watching Crunchie never. Is there anything better in football than watching a winger skin a fullback ? To my mind there isn’t.

To me, this game isn’t a friendly vs Killie, it’s a chance for me to show my appreciation for a guy I loved watching and gave me so much joy. 

We need to come out in numbers as we will never, ever have another Crunchie at Falkirk.

Totally agree 

40 minutes ago, Chinatoon Bairn said:

This is up there with some of the worst things I've seen on here. Well done.

38 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

Was thinking the same, mare like junior Bairn amarite hahahahabsbsbsnsm coyb

Tried to post the John Sitton half time talk of 'you ya big c*nt and you ya little c*nt' but I am computer illiterate. 

Edited by Senor Bairn

1 hour ago, Dougie Mills said:

He was honking.  Very few fans were sad to see him head back to Aberdeen early. 

Queens site saying he was recalled by Aberdeen eh naw we punted him back up the road.

Edited by Jackie Myles

I havent got my ticket yet but will be there. Vaguely remember going to my first games in the early 90s and my parents telling me that Crunchie was my favourite player. I don't think I got a choice in the matter.

Not that I'd have had the bad taste to choose differently. 

49 minutes ago, Senor Bairn said:

Tried to post the John Sitton half time talk of 'you ya big c*nt and you ya little c*nt' but I am computer illiterate. 

"You, you little c**t, when I tell you to do something, and you, you fucking big c**t, when I tell you to do something, do it. And if you come back at me, we'll have a fucking right sort-out in here. All right? And you can pair up if you like, and you can fucking pick someone else to help you, and you can bring your fucking dinner. 'Cos by the time I've finished with you, you'll fucking need it."

2 hours ago, Dougie Mills said:

Shite. Nowhere near ready for first team football, but Sheerin thought he was the best thing since sliced bread and always picked him. He scored a few goals though but looked like what he was.. a wee laddie playing mens fitba. As others have said if he bulks out a bit and stops falling on his arse he might do ok for you. 

With regards to Ruth, I just think he was a young laddie who was thrown in at the deep end. Not saying he will never make a career out of football but he wasn’t ready to come up against seasoned older centre half’s. He needs to bulk up a good bit.

Do other clubs make buying a season ticket so bloody hard?
Had a brief moment of euphoria after few winners at Ascot and decided to renew  all I want to do is add a kids season ticket to my order - seems impossible to me unless I do it in person. 

5 hours ago, Braes_Bairn said:

Could have predicted the low turnout. I recon lucky to make 1,000 for a friendly. Would have been so much better unveiling at first league match.

You'll be happy then, if there is any opportunity to post something negative you'll be here to tell us so.

Hope its a decent turnout as Crunchie and the guys deserve it, and a wee bit to get it up those that are agenda driven.

Edited by Sarcastic Bairn

2 hours ago, Andreas Kelevra said:

Do other clubs make buying a season ticket so bloody hard?
Had a brief moment of euphoria after few winners at Ascot and decided to renew  all I want to do is add a kids season ticket to my order - seems impossible to me unless I do it in person. 

Correct had the same issue.