The Falkirk FC Thread

On a slightly different topic, ticket sales for Crunchies match are slow, hoping many are simply holding off till next week to get a ticket. Some guys on here have worked their bollocks off for such a long time getting this in place, it would be terribly disappointing to see a low turn out. 

4 minutes ago, Springfield said:

On a slightly different topic, ticket sales for Crunchies match are slow, hoping many are simply holding off till next week to get a ticket. Some guys on here have worked their bollocks off for such a long time getting this in place, it would be terribly disappointing to see a low turn out. 

Yeah disappointing, but friendlies for us are notoriously poorly supported, plus it’s not part of a season ticket, should have just made the first Dunfermline home game “crunchie day” like what they did with Latapy with donation buckets on the day. Considering there is a legacy donation it could be (hopefully not) a poor amount.

11 minutes ago, Braes_Bairn said:

Could have predicted the low turnout. I recon lucky to make 1,000 for a friendly. Would have been so much better unveiling at first league match.

Yeah- a friendly against Kilmarnock was never going to get a massive crowd.

It’s also at the start of the Falkirk holidays which I suspect won’t help.

However many tickets are sold in the run up I reckon the same amount again will make a decision on the day and go. Still think there will be a reasonable crowd, more than would be at a regular run of the mill friendly anyway. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

I haven't bought my ticket for it yet, Crunchie was a bit before my time but I know from my old man how brilliant a player he was. 

I'll be heading down to the game with him to support KM and the guys who grafted to get the South stand name changed. 

Crunchie deserves a good turn out and so do they. 

I haven't bought my ticket for it yet, Crunchie was a bit before my time but I know from my old man how brilliant a player he was. 

I'll be heading down to the game with him to support KM and the guys who grafted to get the South stand name changed. 

Crunchie deserves a good turn out and so do they. 
Ur making me feel old [emoji17][emoji17][emoji17]

I watched Crunchie star for us in every spell he had with us including his short loan from Chelsea and class myself to have been blessed in every minute I seen him play.

From a star struck 9 year old to a 28 year old my understanding of the game changed but my joy of watching Crunchie never. Is there anything better in football than watching a winger skin a fullback ? To my mind there isn’t.

To me, this game isn’t a friendly vs Killie, it’s a chance for me to show my appreciation for a guy I loved watching and gave me so much joy. 

We need to come out in numbers as we will never, ever have another Crunchie at Falkirk.

1 hour ago, Springfield said:

I renewed my season ticket today and would have loved to attend the Crunchie game, but cant make it as some bright spark decided it should be on a Friday night 

I watched Crunchie star for us in every spell he had with us including his short loan from Chelsea and class myself to have been blessed in every minute I seen him play.
From a star struck 9 year old to a 28 year old my understanding of the game changed but my joy of watching Crunchie never. Is there anything better in football than watching a winger skin a fullback ? To my mind there isn’t.
To me, this game isn’t a friendly vs Killie, it’s a chance for me to show my appreciation for a guy I loved watching and gave me so much joy. 

We need to come out in numbers as we will never, ever have another Crunchie at Falkirk.

His performance and goal in the Hearts semi will flash before my eyes on the day I die amongst the most beautiful memories of my life. Gary Naysmith going down the tunnel in tears. Not as many tears as I was in that he didn't get the result he deserved that day. An absolute, swashbuckling masterclass.

I was also at Brockville when he scored that goal against Huntly, but for me the Hearts goal is still probably the finest goal I have ever witnessed in person.

5 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

I renewed my season ticket today and would have loved to attend the Crunchie game, but cant make it as some bright spark decided it should be on a Friday night 

Unfortunately that was our suggestion. Thought a lot of people may be heading off on Holiday on the Saturday so was the best chance to get more of a crowd. His testimonial was a Friday night too which was well attended so hoped we could get a similar crowd.

I know what people are saying about a friendly but thought making it a one off that was all about honouring Crunchie was the right thing to do and hoped folk would turn up regardless of the opposition. 

Had we known the first match would’ve been at home to Hibs then that might have changed things but hindsight is a wonderful thing. We had to get plans in place making sure Crunchie could attend and give his family plenty of notice.

This is also an opportunity for the club to make some bonus money ahead of the new season so a few thousand on the gate could help add to the wage budget. 

I’ve also been told that Sky Sports will be sending a camera to the game to cover it for news.  Would be great to show what Crunchie means to the fans by turning up in large numbers. 

3 minutes ago, Van_damage said:

I’ve also been told that Sky Sports will be sending a camera to the game to cover it for news.  Would be great to show what Crunchie means to the fans by turning up in large numbers. 

If the weather's cracking you may get a few hundred turning up on the day

Tickets have been purchased and I’m looking forward to seeing the 6 new players plus who we sign in the next week or so. Railway Club for a few beers first then off to TFS to pay homage to an FFC legend,  then back to the Railway to pay liquid respect to said FFC legend.

Carlsberg don’t do Friday nights but if they did 😁