The Falkirk FC Thread

Iv got the newsletter, it went to junk, in case any of those involved are keeping tabs. I dint recall any of the previous ones going to junk but wouldn't bet on that...

That said, I think I have received them all so far one way or the other

19 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Photocall and video shoot planned for this midweek. Not sure when it will be released but Id guess towards the end of the week. 

Were you up taking pictures of preseason yesterday? Or is that a through the week job.

1 hour ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Still nothing.

i informed you a few weeks ago that I had received nothing since joining.

If you don’t get the mailing by tomorrow morning ( it was sent in two tranches, half in the next hour) I’ll try a different way of sending it  

It is really not FSS  - it’s people’s isps seeing a mailchip mass mailing as spam  hence we’ve moved from mailchimp to another provider  

5 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Were you up taking pictures of preseason yesterday? Or is that a through the week job.

It was just the initial fitness testing yesterday and for a couple of reason JM didn't want it covered. I'll be there tomorrow and there will be something online afterwards. 

It was just the initial fitness testing yesterday and for a couple of reason JM didn't want it covered. I'll be there tomorrow and there will be something online afterwards. 
I'm taking this to mean, Sibbald and Simon Murray were in yesterday doing their medicals and Bainsfordbairn is going in tomorrow to do the photos of them in the new kits!
Am I close?

26 minutes ago, Roboccop said:

If you don’t get the mailing by tomorrow morning ( it was sent in two tranches, half in the next hour) I’ll try a different way of sending it  

It is really not FSS  - it’s people’s isps seeing a mailchip mass mailing as spam  hence we’ve moved from mailchimp to another provider  

Sorry to give you hassle as I know you guys are volunteers.

12 minutes ago, Amarillo Bairn said:

I'm taking this to mean, Sibbald and Simon Murray were in yesterday doing their medicals and Bainsfordbairn is going in tomorrow to do the photos of them in the new kits!
Am I close?

Nope. If anyone was in for a medical they would have signed and then been snapped immediately afterwards so that the story could be released ASAP before it got leaked. It's very rare for the club to sit on news of signings if all the paperwork is concluded. 

6 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Nope. If anyone was in for a medical they would have signed and then been snapped immediately afterwards so that the story could be released ASAP before it got leaked. It's very rare for the club to sit on news of signings if all the paperwork is concluded. 

Can't have folk leaking out information like how fast as f**k Alex Harris is.

7 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Assuming you’ve signed NDA ?

3 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Did they actually write off £7.2m worth of debt ?

Thats the debt they had when they went into admin the first time. A miniscule amount per pound would've been paid back and they were then allowed to continue in the top flight with no.penalty whatsoever despite being in admin for 15 months.  Second time not sure what the total debt was but to keep going wlc had to write off the 300k they owed in rent or they would've been liquidated.

On 09/06/2022 at 16:33, FFC 1876 said:

PJ Morrison, Henderson and McGinn are excellent signings at this level. Remember McGinn's just went and won the league with Killie whilst having to also carry Blair Alston on his shoulders every game.

In terms of overall performances I would say McGinn and Alston pretty close last season. Alston’s goals probably just shading it for him in terms of who had the better season.

1 hour ago, Sortmeout said:

In terms of overall performances I would say McGinn and Alston pretty close last season. Alston’s goals probably just shading it for him in terms of who had the better season.

Anyone writing off Blair Alston after his pretty ineffective second spell with us should remember that he was surrounded by utter, utter shite.

7 hours ago, ATLIS said:

Conspiracy FC's biggest fan here :D We're virtually debt free now, despite operating at zero running loss since being in League 1. Either way our ST sales are up 49% on this time last year, so maybe the community is finally buying back into the club now that we're being run the right way. 

😂😂😂😂

26 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Anyone writing off Blair Alston after his pretty ineffective second spell with us should remember that he was surrounded by utter, utter shite.

He was also a large contribution to the utter, utter shite.

1 hour ago, Jackie Myles said:

Thats the debt they had when they went into admin the first time. A miniscule amount per pound would've been paid back and they were then allowed to continue in the top flight with no.penalty whatsoever despite being in admin for 15 months.  Second time not sure what the total debt was but to keep going wlc had to write off the 300k they owed in rent or they would've been liquidated.

Think the second time around there debt was about 1 mill with over 300k owed to the council who took them to court

18 minutes ago, Long Suffering Bairn said:

I am considering using a VPN for the first time to be able to watch live streams of Falkirk TV as I cannot get to games.  Anyone any experience with doing this?   My conscience would be bothering me as I know it is not "allowed", but it would be the only way for me to watch games, rather than stuck with 5 minute highlights on Youtube.

ExpressVPN. Aye, more expensive, but aye, also very good. The free ones can be a bit clunky, and for streaming, they can be utterly useless.