The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, FFC 1876 said:

I'm hoping we manage to move on more than the 2 players from the leftover dross, I'd imagine one of the first things McGlynn did was let the players know whether they were wanted or not this season so it's up to their agents to find them another gig. We'll be stuck with Mckay, Ross and Wilson no doubt but the rest will hopefully be able to find themselves something else or be on low enough wages that we can pay them off.

I highly doubt Wilson will be here. He'll be one of the lower earners you'd have thought. I fully expect him, Sneddon and Holt to be either punted permanently or season loans elsewhere. McKay and McCann (if he's not favoured) will be the hardest to shift. Ross I don't think will be on huge wages either.  Martin I think will be back up to PJ. But yeah needs to be more than two gone. 

On 11/06/2022 at 09:46, Jackie Myles said:

If I was a council tax payer in wlc I'd be asking serious questions regarding the whole set up with livi down there anyway. In the past they've had 300k in owed rent paid off. Stadium rent reduced from 150k a year to 20k a year then 50k a year whilst they were out of the top flight.  That's a lot of cash lost for a club noone in wlc is really gives a feck about. Surely they don't get cash from pitch hire aswell.  Would be interesting to know who gets the cash from the macaroni deal.

Conspiracy FC's biggest fan here :D We're virtually debt free now, despite operating at zero running loss since being in League 1. Either way our ST sales are up 49% on this time last year, so maybe the community is finally buying back into the club now that we're being run the right way. 

On 11/06/2022 at 09:28, Jackie Myles said:

As I said I thought livies ground was owned entirely by West Lothian council?

On 11/06/2022 at 09:35, latapythelegend said:

It is. I've played on it multiiple times and it is all done via WLC.

It's a weird situation, the stadium is owned by WLC but the pitch is owned by the West Lothian Community Foundation, which is the reason we can't just rip it up and put grass in. Not that we'd want to to be fair. 

49 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Conspiracy FC's biggest fan here :D We're virtually debt free now, despite operating at zero running loss since being in League 1. Either way our ST sales are up 49% on this time last year, so maybe the community is finally buying back into the club now that we're being run the right way. 

Easy to be debt free when you keep being allowed to write it off in huge amounts . 7.2 million the first time was quite remarkable and 300k was a huge amount to just write off when councils need all the penny's they can get. God knows how much you must have avoided paying back  people since your inception having gone through is it only 2 administrations or 3 I can never remember. Be still lucky if season tickets pass a thousand and considering Livingston has a pop of  over 55k it's bloody awful.

Edited by Jackie Myles

Just now, Jackie Myles said:

Easy to be debt free when you keep being allowed to write it off in huge amounts . 300k was a huge amount to just write off when councils need all the penny's they can get. God knows how much you must have avoided paying back  people since your inception having gone through is it only 2 administrations or 3 I can never remember. Be still lucky if season tickets pass a thousand and considering Livingston has a pop of  over 55k it's bloody awful.

Apparently we're not far off 1,000 as it stands with a while to go. Can't be doing too bad

12 minutes ago, Jackie Myles said:

It's dreadful for a top flight club in a town with a population of 55k plus. 

Livingston, like the other Scottish new towns, is populated by mainly Glasgow overspill so their footballing loyalties will lie elsewhere.

1 hour ago, ATLIS said:

You must be the drummer boy with that kind of disclosure as biggest fan of franchise united. Who’s your proper team before the West Lothian experiment was launched?

1 hour ago, Jackie Myles said:

Easy to be debt free when you keep being allowed to write it off in huge amounts . 7.2 million the first time was quite remarkable and 300k was a huge amount to just write off when councils need all the penny's they can get. God knows how much you must have avoided paying back  people since your inception having gone through is it only 2 administrations or 3 I can never remember. Be still lucky if season tickets pass a thousand and considering Livingston has a pop of  over 55k it's bloody awful.

Did they actually write off £7.2m worth of debt ?

20 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Lets wait till we see what they do on the pitch.

The support have said the exact same thing over the last 4 seasons.

We haven't had a competent manager for the past 4 seasons though.

7 hours ago, Kevin James Left Knee said:

There was a new FSS and Directors Report Newsletter sent out last night.

Only half of the members were emailed and the other half will be sent today (there's a technical reason for this) so everyone should get it by later today.

If you are a member and you do NOT receive it then please PM me (after you check your junk file) and I will try to sort it out for you. We hope a new mailing system will sort the problem with many people not getting the mailing as it is blocked as spam by your isp.

The newsletter will be posted publicly on the FSS website later this week.

Still nothing.

i informed you a few weeks ago that I had received nothing since joining.