The Falkirk FC Thread

7 minutes ago, strichener said:

I don't doubt it, however your fanbase has not been sufficient, even with the patrons and Rawlins (sp?) investment to see your cash wiped out and as you say a rather substantial loss last year and predicted for this year.

If you don't get promoted this year there is no way the supporters are going to contribute a sufficient sum to keep the team full-time.  It's clear from the current poor take up of your fan initiatives that helping fund a functioning club is a completely different situation to investing to help save a club.

You and your 200 fellow fans stick to watching Dixon get you relegated. 

1 hour ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Interesting, as just this year, the council have abandoned it as a marked pitch.

Dont know how many will fancy getting interred next door to a 1967 Electrolux fridge.

Could be worse, a stuck record player , playing the bay city rollers. 

Edited by Springfield

4 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Interesting, as just this year, the council have abandoned it as a marked pitch.

Dont know how many will fancy getting interred next door to a 1967 Electrolux fridge.

The pitch surrounded by the running park is a very good pitch. Probably one of the best grass pitches in the area 

1 hour ago, latapythelegend said:

The pitch surrounded by the running park is a very good pitch. Probably one of the best grass pitches in the area 

……and it’s seldom used. Same for the remaining pitch closer to the river.

Never heard of that. I have walked my dogs round the perimeter most days since the 80s, and haven’t seen teams training there. From October to April, the place is pretty much deserted.

On 11/06/2022 at 09:46, Jackie Myles said:

If I was a council tax payer in wlc I'd be asking serious questions regarding the whole set up with livi down there anyway. In the past they've had 300k in owed rent paid off. Stadium rent reduced from 150k a year to 20k a year then 50k a year whilst they were out of the top flight.  That's a lot of cash lost for a club noone in wlc is really gives a feck about. Surely they don't get cash from pitch hire aswell.  Would be interesting to know who gets the cash from the macaroni deal.

It's almost as if, surely not, they're a failed franchise...

Mention of Brockville leads to a favourite memory. Meadowbank had to borrow the ground to play Hearts in a League Cup fixture in 1988. 

We Thistle fans got the paddock in front of the stand. Henry Smith was the Hearts goalie and at a quiet point in the match for devilment I shouted out "HENRY"

Smith turned round to see who had shouted and the Thistle support all shouted at him "F*CK OFF!"

Two polis who were near us were creasing themselves.

There was a new FSS and Directors Report Newsletter sent out last night.

Only half of the members were emailed and the other half will be sent today (there's a technical reason for this) so everyone should get it by later today.

If you are a member and you do NOT receive it then please PM me (after you check your junk file) and I will try to sort it out for you. We hope a new mailing system will sort the problem with many people not getting the mailing as it is blocked as spam by your isp.

The newsletter will be posted publicly on the FSS website later this week.

15 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

FSS newsletter confirming the ideal squad size will be 24 this season, combination of loans & permanent players. Currently at 20 with obviously a fair few departures still expected, promising stuff.

This was based on the public statements at the Directors' Meeting not "secret info" or security breaches from the Board. 

20 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

Hopefully another 5 or 6 players still to come in in then, obviously with the caveat we can get a couple out the door. 

I'm hoping we manage to move on more than the 2 players from the leftover dross, I'd imagine one of the first things McGlynn did was let the players know whether they were wanted or not this season so it's up to their agents to find them another gig. We'll be stuck with Mckay, Ross and Wilson no doubt but the rest will hopefully be able to find themselves something else or be on low enough wages that we can pay them off.

Edited by FFC 1876

If Holts managed to find another gig he might be able to find his son a new gig, not to be cynical but however competent a keeper he is or not i wouldnt trust him to be in goals given how the way things panned out with his dad (i.e. bit of a bawbag and shouldnt have been near us "AGAIN" let alone DoF)

On 11/06/2022 at 10:44, Kevin James Left Knee said:

The only stat in football that is overwhelmingly true is the total salary spend on players by clubs. The correlation between that and success is incredible and is true in EVERY league. You might find outliers but that will always return to the true.

Correct.

It is still the case that the last time we were promoted from any league (the Championship) it was by spending more than our competitors.

It is possible to go up/win leagues without that being the case but you are very much up against it from the start and are relying on a lot of luck.