The Falkirk FC Thread

2 hours ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

That wouldn't help much!

There was also the plan of relocating to Stirling Road and building 2000 houses which funnily enough the Labour group were fully behind but it got knocked back due to there used to being a scrapyard there and methane on the site.

3 hours ago, LatapyBairn. said:

You do realise we have actually continued to operate a full time set up for the last 4 years despite relegation and having to pay off multiple management teams ect, posted profits in two out of the 4 previous financial years published and carry no debt? 😂 All done on the back of money the fans have generated including the largest single investment the club has had since 1997 via the patrons group. 

And yet it still wasnt enough.

4 minutes ago, strichener said:

And yet it still wasnt enough.

If you are referring to our debts as discussed at the recent fans meetings. Yip, like most clubs we are running at a loss and will have debts, but unlike some other clubs our fanbase will continue to support the club and should we get into severe difficulties our fans will step in, we always have and always will. We won’t let our club die.

Edited by Harry Kinnear

17 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

There was also the plan of relocating to Stirling Road and building 2000 houses which funnily enough the Labour group were fully behind but it got knocked back due to there used to being a scrapyard there and methane on the site.

Had no issues with the Camelon/Stirling Road option. Was a similar distance from Brockville to there as it is to Westfield. 

Train station would have been handy too, not to mention the roaring trade the Roman Bar would have got (& The Labour Club which ran buses to Bairns games at the time by a recently departed Camelon legend in Gary Hart). 

3 minutes ago, FalkirkLad said:

Mark Stowe from Linlithgow rose, name to look out for. Been offered terms from us and two other teams. 

Would be quite the jump. 

Is he not ex Falkirk? I’m sure he was part of the academy at some point

2 minutes ago, FalkirkLad said:

Mark Stowe from Linlithgow rose, name to look out for. Been offered terms from us and two other teams. 

Would be quite the jump. 

Came through our academy as a youngster, he's had a good season at Linlithgow but it would be some jump.

1 hour ago, AL-FFC said:

Are you referring to the running track and two pitches (used to be 5, but it’s only two) opposite Carmuirs golf course?
I have no memory of a scrapyard there, but as a kid in the 60s, that was the landfill site. That’s why there are methane vents all over the place, and all sorts of undulations on the surface. It could never be built on.

29 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Are you referring to the running track and two pitches (used to be 5, but it’s only two) opposite Carmuirs golf course?
I have no memory of a scrapyard there, but as a kid in the 60s, that was the landfill site. That’s why there are methane vents all over the place, and all sorts of undulations on the surface. It could never be built on.

Was a landfill site and sure it was a proposed site. Heard many years ago that the top football park would eventually be an extension of the cemetery.

20 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Was a landfill site and sure it was a proposed site. Heard many years ago that the top football park would eventually be an extension of the cemetery.

Interesting, as just this year, the council have abandoned it as a marked pitch.

Dont know how many will fancy getting interred next door to a 1967 Electrolux fridge.

Edited by Duncan Freemason

1 hour ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Thats the very one landfill site was before my time i think i can vaguely remember something where the car park is across from the golf course.  think at the time the FH reported it as a former scrapyard.

3 hours ago, Harry Kinnear said:

If you are referring to our debts as discussed at the recent fans meetings. Yip, like most clubs we are running at a loss and will have debts, but unlike some other clubs our fanbase will continue to support the club and should we get into severe difficulties our fans will step in, we always have and always will. We won’t let our club die.

I don't doubt it, however your fanbase has not been sufficient, even with the patrons and Rawlins (sp?) investment to see your cash wiped out and as you say a rather substantial loss last year and predicted for this year.

If you don't get promoted this year there is no way the supporters are going to contribute a sufficient sum to keep the team full-time.  It's clear from the current poor take up of your fan initiatives that helping fund a functioning club is a completely different situation to investing to help save a club.