The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, Back Post Misses said:

Eh no. 
We pay an annual service charge which is a fixed fee. I am not saying it is a great deal but there are no extra charges on top that you allude to. 
The improvements mentioned are seats which is the part we own. 
You need to get your facts correct regarding the stadium before the stress you seem to be under over it gets you 

Cannot believe that the overheads electricity , water charges etc that the council pay are not back charged to the club with a hefty mark up. Same goes for any council employees deployed.

Take for example the concert. The council will charge the club for these services I mentioned.

If the 'stadium improvements as are you say (which I have neo reason to doubt) then fair enough

1 hour ago, JulioBairn said:

Would’ve taken Spencer in a heartbeat but you are welcome to Benedictus. 

53 minutes ago, MrDust said:

Benedictus has had three red cards playing against us, I'd guess fourth possibly fifth will happen next season.

I'm quite happy he is now a par tbh 

Was not a statement about whether the fans wanted him, just that McGlynn clearly did.

1 hour ago, Springfield said:

Not to worried, if McGlynn was wanting certain players over, we’d have seen them by now. We’ve got to trust he’s looking at others elsewhere. 

No wonder other club’s fans think we act the billy big baws at times!

40 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Cannot believe that the overheads electricity , water charges etc that the council pay are not back charged to the club with a hefty mark up. Same goes for any council employees deployed.

Take for example the concert. The council will charge the club for these services I mentioned.

If the 'stadium improvements as are you say (which I have neo reason to doubt) then fair enough

We pay an annual fixed service charge. It is in the accounts. 
Why would we make improvement to parts of the stadium we don’t own? 

1 hour ago, Otis Blue said:

So does that mean in 8 years time QP will have built a steady 8-10,000 fan base that will support the wage bill for high quality players, DOF, CEO and other hangers on without needing supplementary cash injections? Just wondering. Seems a bit far fetched.

Even though Glasgow is our biggest city I don’t think there is scope for them to increase their support to anywhere near what you quoted.

1 hour ago, TxRover said:

How’s your midfield set so far? Wondering because with the midfield signings at Raith, Arnott might get crowded out of playing time. JMcG liked him, and I could see him getting loaned.

Mitchell is another, but not sure he’s a League One level winger yet.

Shite. McGinn and Morrison as had been mentioned, Morrison is also partial to spitting the dummy and if he wasn't the only one in our squad who has pace to burn I wouldn't be sad to see the back of him. He can't cross the road and should never be allowed to take a penalty again. He's effective though through the middle as his pace scares defenders and if he doesn't have time to think about it can finish . The rest are nowhere near good enough. The Hetherington came onto a game towards the end of the season ethos doesn't wash he was utter dugshite for the majority. Seb Ross, McGuffie, Nesbitt similar. The best midfielder we possibly had was big Krasniqi from Huddersfield and he never got a look in much before the aforementioned.  

4 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

A QP poster said Haughey has agreed to invest for 8 years so time to establish the club.

Another Scottish football implosion waiting to happen...QP could give season tickets away for nothing & not get more than 1000 at home...when it does go to ratshit the begging bo

wl will be out not to let one of Scotland's most historic clubs die....when we all know they are an a artificially elevated position due to one man's ego trip...not a penny from me

1 hour ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Perhaps you should stop commenting on the ownership structure of the Falkirk stadium. I.E. which sections of the stadium the club and council owns and who charges who for what until you know the facts, it’s clear the information you have (or think you have) is incorrect and you seem to get yourself into a bit of a state about things that aren’t actually happening or indeed factually true. 

1 hour ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Was not a statement about whether the fans wanted him, just that McGlynn clearly did.

He did & Benedictus wouldn’t commit in McGlynn’s timelines so he moved on. Personally, happier with Henderson (from Arbroath) & Donaldson anyway. 

9 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

Perhaps you should stop commenting on the ownership structure of the Falkirk stadium. I.E. which sections of the stadium the club and council owns and who charges who for what until you know the facts, it’s clear the information you have (or think you have) is incorrect and you seem to get yourself into a bit of a state about things that aren’t actually happening or indeed factually true. 

This.

He has been corrected multiple times too yet continues to bang a certain drum. I wonder why…

25 minutes ago, Hugh Hillshaveyes said:

Another Scottish football implosion waiting to happen...QP could give season tickets away for nothing & not get more than 1000 at home...when it does go to ratshit the begging bo

wl will be out not to let one of Scotland's most historic clubs die....when we all know they are an a artificially elevated position due to one man's ego trip...not a penny from me

8434EE75-CB0F-4A35-9FA9-3BEC0527A31C.png

48 minutes ago, Hugh Hillshaveyes said:

That’s the concern, QP have been around since 1867 and there is very little interest from the people of Glasgow to go and see them play so don’t see how they change that cycle. Under 700 last season for a club from Scotland’s biggest city is pretty poor.

Not sure they will die though tbh. Haughey is very, very rich and has a big interest in the history of Scottish football so I don’t think he’ll let one of our most historic clubs die.

49 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

That’s the concern, QP have been around since 1867 and there is very little interest from the people of Glasgow to go and see them play so don’t see how they change that cycle. Under 700 last season for a club from Scotland’s biggest city is pretty poor.

Not sure they will die though tbh. Haughey is very, very rich and has a big interest in the history of Scottish football so I don’t think he’ll let one of our most historic clubs die.

If he's got that much cash you'd think he'd use it to try and get lesser Hampden built this decade. How a stadium that size can take so long to build is beyond me.