The Falkirk FC Thread

6 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Hopefully the fans give the new signings and the contracted players a fair chance to prove themselves under the new management.

For the last few season we have either built them up or condemned them before a ball is kicked.

Well we have now signed 6 players with more to come. All will be starters. Very few, if any,  of the contracted players deserve a chance or to be at the club after last season and I would predict most will know that and will bugger off. 

11 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Well we have now signed 6 players with more to come. All will be starters. Very few, if any,  of the contracted players deserve a chance or to be at the club after last season and I would predict most will know that and will bugger off. 

If McGlynn can move on even half of them he should get a stand named after him. 

9 minutes ago, Estragon said:

League winning signing.

We still need a fair few players before I start getting them vibes, he however is an excellent player who will set the standards for the rest of the team. Thus hopefully helping us breed a winning culture. Need someone with decent legs in around him so he can concentrate on dictating the game.

48 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

I think I will let John McGlynn decide that. I was a fan of McCann at Airdrie but he has been fucking hopeless in a blue jersey. 

Completely disagree.

He wasn't played properly or often enough to make an impact IMO. Despite his stature he was still our best defensive LB and easily our best attacking threat down the left flank.

1 minute ago, ShaggerG said:

Completely disagree.

He wasn't played properly or often enough to make an impact IMO. Despite his stature he was still our best defensive LB and easily our best attacking threat down the left flank.

Well we will soon find out. IMO he will be gone or sat on the bench all season. 

37 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

Wilson, Sneddon and Holt jnr will never be good enough no matter who the manager is. They are just poor footballers. Then you've got the the rest of the wage thieves, who according to the now departed Dixon " chucked the league in September" 

Aye, Sneddon's easily the worst left back I've never seen!

Goalkeeper 
PJ Morrison
Paddy Martin
Luke Holt

Defenders
Blair Sneddon
Ryan Williamson
Brad Mckay
Leon McCann
Paul Watson
Liam Henderson
Coll Donaldson
Sean Mackie

Midfielders
Stephen Mcginn
Callumn Morrison
Steven Hetherington
Aidan Nesbitt
Craig Mcguffie
Seb Ross

Strikers
Gary Oliver
Jaime Wilson
Finlay Malcolm

20 of a squad but looking forward to the pictures of preseason next week to see how many of that 20 are still there.

15 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Completely disagree.

Not according to the stats sadly. Was good for losing (on average) a goal every game he played and it was telling he was dropped for McGuffie to play there instead of him. I’d love him to be the Airdrie player we saw but we didn’t at all sadly. 

11 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

We still need a fair few players before I start getting them vibes, he however is an excellent player who will set the standards for the rest of the team. Thus hopefully helping us breed a winning culture. Need someone with decent legs in around him so he can concentrate on dictating the game.

Had a few beers to chill out after a busy day, so I might get shot down for this. But I can't help wondering if the legs could be Seb Ross? 

He got very little gametime last year with only six starts, but in terms of doing the donkey work such as running about and putting in tackles I thought he was decent. He's already on the books so is at least worth looking at in the preseason games if not the cup ties. 

1 minute ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Had a few beers to chill out after a busy day, so I might get shot down for this. But I can't help wondering if the legs could be Seb Ross? 

He got very little gametime last year with only six starts, but in terms of doing the donkey work such as running about and putting in tackles I thought he was decent. He's already on the books so is at least worth looking at in the preseason games if not the cup ties. 

Take at least another 5/6 beers………..sleep it off and in the morning you’ll be editing the above post. 

Just now, Bainsfordbairn said:

He didn't get a fair shot last season but from the little we saw of him he doesn't look to have any sort of end product. I wouldn't be adverse to having him as a squad player but I wouldn't want to count on him as a starter.

7 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

first 4 words are the giveaway. 

Too lightweight, too ineffective, too similar to too many others, too feckin meh.  We need shot of all these soft as shit non-entities we've endured for far too long.   Harsh but true. Oot ye go. 

I had genuinely forgotten that Seb Ross was still a thing. He must be one of, if not the single biggest nothings ever to represent the club. The token signing that Holt allowed Diddy Sheerin to make. Came on a few times, run about to zero effect. The idea that he could become a regular on the back of that is laughable. 

Did feel a bit sorry for him at the back end of last season when we kept on giving game time to absolute garbage like Jacobs, Hetherington and Miller but Ross couldn’t get a look in.

Saying that though he’s nowhere near good enough. Runs about a bit and tries but quality wise he’s miles off being good enough.

Bit of banter with a Hibee about Mackie. Mirrored most of the comments so far, keep him injury free and we’ve signed a very good player.  Huge (gamble) from McGlynn on this one, however as said we need to identify and sign players who are better than a large majority of shite still here.

59 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

I’d like to have seen Charlie Telfer alongside Mcginn