The Falkirk FC Thread

18 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

PJ Morrison, Henderson and McGinn are excellent signings at this level. Remember McGinn's just went and won the league with Killie whilst having to also carry Blair Alston on his shoulders every game.

Donaldson, Mackie and Oliver will be more than acceptable at this level none of them are exciting signings on their own but players McGlynn knows well and obviously trusts.

I doubt McGlynn will get many more permanent signings so hopefully they are the right players as we need a lot more energy in the team now. Savoury would do nicely.

Quality at this level more often than not tends to come from loans, so hopefully McGlynn can come up trumps with them nearer the start of the season.

Absolutely correct.

I would guess that his next job will be the loan market plus trying to shift some of the contracted players from last year.

Shaping up nicely.

2 hours ago, Rob1885 said:

Oliver guaranteed to score in at least 4 games next season.

I always thought Oliver had decent games against us, a wee annoying fuker usually.

We have signed worserer strikers recently 

What I am wondering about is outgoings, if theres going to be any. 

I'm not sure McCann will be going as that would leave us with 1 LB.  Can't help but wonder if he could be played further forward, his offence is better than his defence.

I always thought Oliver had decent games against us, a wee annoying fuker usually.

His link-up play wasn't the worst but his goals stats are appalling. If you get a goalscorer next to him he might do ok but I wouldn't want to be relying on him to score goals. Unless it's against Dunfermline, and likely us now!

1 hour ago, MrDust said:

It's a sort of Bob McHugh feel to it type of signing.

50 minutes ago, MetalWolf said:

What I am wondering about is outgoings, if theres going to be any. 

I'm not sure McCann will be going as that would leave us with 1 LB.  Can't help but wonder if he could be played further forward, his offence is better than his defence.

I think we'd be crazy to get rid of McCann. I'm sure Airdrie, for one, would be delighted to take him back.

12 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

I think we'd be crazy to get rid of McCann. I'm sure Airdrie, for one, would be delighted to take him back.

Well we need a left back and and.... If McCann was to be offered, surely   Falkirk would want a bit of coin for him,  unless there could be can agreement to take on the remaining 2 years of his contract on same terms,  could Airdrie afford that deal though, thought Leon was on a decent contract..

McGinn is a very good signing for this level, Mackie I don't know enough about, he can't be any worse than McCann ( I hope), Oliver is a bit meh though. I actually thought he was older than he is, seems to have been around for ages. That said when your other striker is Jaime Wilson then he'll look like a world beater. 

19 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

McCann reminds me a bit of Tommy Robson- popular with fans but fundamentally just not good enough defensively.

Personally I’d look to move him on- we’re not exactly overloaded with players who will attract interest so it would make sense to free up wages to me.

Disagree, what he lacks in height he makes up for in getting stuck in. Was our only defender willing to put a foot in last season. And btw for a smaller boy he won a fair few headers and didnt get exploited as much as some made out

20 minutes ago, Passionate said:

Well we need a left back and and.... If McCann was to be offered, surely   Falkirk would want a bit of coin for him,  unless there could be can agreement to take on the remaining 2 years of his contract on same terms,  could Airdrie afford that deal though, thought Leon was on a decent contract..

We'll let you have him only if you take Brad McKay aswell. 

55 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

I think I will let John McGlynn decide that. I was a fan of McCann at Airdrie but he has been fucking hopeless in a blue jersey. 

24 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

McGinn is a very good signing for this level, Mackie I don't know enough about, he can't be any worse than McCann ( I hope), Oliver is a bit meh though. I actually thought he was older than he is, seems to have been around for ages. That said when your other striker is Jaime Wilson then he'll look like a world beater. 

Hopefully the fans give the new signings and the contracted players a fair chance to prove themselves under the new management.

For the last few season we have either built them up or condemned them before a ball is kicked.

Hopefully the fans give the new signings and the contracted players a fair chance to prove themselves under the new management.
For the last few season we have either built them up or condemned them before a ball is kicked.

I’m sure we can all guarantee to give them the usual 20 mins at least….

4 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Wilson, Sneddon and Holt jnr will never be good enough no matter who the manager is. They are just poor footballers. Then you've got the the rest of the wage thieves, who according to the now departed Dixon " chucked the league in September" 

28 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

We'll let you have him only if you take Brad McKay aswell. 

Seriously you never know,  McCabe  played with McKay at Dunfermline, rookie managers tend to go down the old teammate route....

Rivalry aSide that is 6 good signings for this league,  ,, cou ld  season be win or bust..