The Falkirk FC Thread

1 minute ago, bairn88 said:

PJ Morrison

Williamson Donaldson Henderson Mackie

Morrison    McGinn    New       New

Oliver

New

Certainly starting to take shape

I think we may see McCann tested out on the left side of midfield. 

2 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Sean Mackie the final one. 

McGinn is a good signing and player (I'm happier with Hamilton though), Mackie and Oliver are very, very meh though. 

This won't be the last time of the summer that one of us says to someone else on this thread.... You haven't watched that they are replacing. 

I would take any sort of bet that Gary Oliver is a significantly better signing than Leigh Griffiths, Jaime Wilson, Michael Ruth and Samuel Ompreon. Let's hope McGlynn does as he says and finds someone who Oliver can link up well with. 

Mackie... Well I'm not one of the ones who thought Leon McCann was a problem needing solved, so I won't slag McCann off in the same context, but should be perfectly adequate. 

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

This won't be the last time of the summer that one of us says to someone else on this thread.... You haven't watched that they are replacing. 

I would take any sort of bet that Gary Oliver is a significantly better signing than Leigh Griffiths, Jaime Wilson, Michael Ruth and Samuel Ompreon. Let's hope McGlynn does as he says and finds someone who Oliver can link up well with. 

Mackie... Well I'm not one of the ones who thought Leon McCann was a problem needing solved, so I won't slag McCann off in the same context, but should be perfectly adequate. 

Oh I have no doubt that they are replacing dross, I hadn't realised until recently that you somehow managed to accrue even less points than what we did during our horror season down here. However just because something is replacing shit, doesn't automatically make it good. 

Just now, Grant228 said:

Oh I have no doubt that they are replacing dross, I hadn't realised until recently that you somehow managed to accrue even less points than what we did during our horror season down here. However just because something is replacing shit, doesn't automatically make it good. 

No, but as others have alluded loads of times and someone said again today, these types of players do well in this league and the league above on a routine basis. Many of the ones who have been absolute shite for us in the last few year have notably went away and been fine or good elsewhere. We have had a foolproof habit of turning folk to pure shite of late so I think it's OK for us to now finally look at a real football manager making these selections and thinking, yeah hel do ok with us. 

Extremely impressed with the McGinn signing, we've been missing someone who can dictate a game in the middle of the park for a while. Need to get some legs in beside him now.

Mackie and Oliver are a bit meh but really all that matters is how they perform in the navy blue. Mcglynn's comments on Oliver have put me at ease as he's obviously not seen as the main striker just an option.

Edited by FFC 1876

PJ Morrison
Williamson Donaldson Henderson Mackie
Morrison    McGinn    New       New
                       Oliver
                        New
Certainly starting to take shape

I'd be hoping Oliver is a squad player tbh*. A shitebag of a player that somehow is still FT. I expect this may well be his last move and he'll tumble down the divisions after. He will score against Dunfermline though.

* If I was a Falkirk fan. For selfish reasons I hope McGlynn has him in his first team plans.

Gary Oliver fucking loves a goal against the Pars. I’m sure I counted them at some point last season and something mental like 20%* of his career goals are against us.

*completely random figure, but whatever the correct number is, it’s a ridiculous amount.

4 minutes ago, smpar said:

Gary Oliver fucking loves a goal against the Pars. I’m sure I counted them at some point last season and something mental like 20%* of his career goals are against us.

*completely random figure, but whatever the correct number is, it’s a ridiculous amount.

Please don't jinx him with this sort of talk.  

11 minutes ago, smpar said:

The very reliable fitbastats.com reckons it is 8 of 27 career goals. Wiki reckons he has 28 league goals so maybe not quite up to date but definitely a big percentage.

https://www.fitbastats.com/morton/player2.php?playerid=7965

3 minutes ago, YorkshireRover said:

The very reliable fitbastats.com reckons it is 8 of 27 career goals. Wiki reckons he has 28 league goals so maybe not quite up to date but definitely a big percentage.

https://www.fitbastats.com/morton/player2.php?playerid=7965

He’s scored 10 in his last 12 starts against us. That accounts for 45% of his total goals in the last 5 years.