The Falkirk FC Thread

21 minutes ago, Andy Dufresne said:

Will never forget his goal against Hibs in the last minute,i may or may not have ran about like a man possessed in the Hotel Isobel Tenerife reception.

*i did indeed

If I close my eyes I can still hear it.

1 hour ago, FFC1965 said:

Some will have to play as there isnt the money to replace them all. 

Most likely would be full backs where a good performance is as much about them being disciplined in their field position / marking / getting a tackle in rather than being good on the ball.   Its no coincidence that our first three recruits have been in the more difficult positions in the spine of the team.  I expect the next recruits to be 2 strikers and a centre mid and that might be our lot unless theres bumper ST sales.    

Therefore I could see McCann and Williamson playing IF they are prepared to work like trojans as McGlynn demands.   

I recall Hetherington being very good against us for Alloa on a number of occasions so who knows.  Again he'd have to show a massive increase in workrate.  

I see no hope for McGuffie, McKay, Morrison, Wilson, Ross or Nesbitt.  

Add Sneddon and Holt jnr to that. Williamson is a massive shitebag and made of glass 

1 hour ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Aye, cost me £25 for one in the Ellwyn and that was without any ammo.

Standard price in the Ellwyn was always £40 but that included the ammo.

The same package was only £30 in the Avongrange mind you 🤣🤣🤣

My God, Bowhouse, Avongrange and Ellwyn what a cracking night out that would be 😲

Edited by Harry Kinnear

6 hours ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I’m hoping he can get McGuffie, McCann, Nesbitt, Morrison and Williamson to be at least decent squad players. Maybe too much to hope for though.

Ditto tho Nesbitt frustrated the life out of me, he has the talent but 

5 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

It was in reality a bullshit scam. Lemon, Weekes (and was it Williamson?) came in under the guise of “development players” who then made massive progress under the Holt/Fergus mentoring, and so were elevated to the first team squad. It was all nonsense.

They were always going to be part of the first team squad, but Holt knew well enough that they were nowhere near good enough, so the development story could be spun to make it look like they the first graduates (without playing in any competitive games). Another absolutely class bit of business by Holt.

In reality you need to bleed young players in and out of the team, the players mentioned were rarely involved. I get the hatred towards Holt but young players generally need to bled into the first team, occasionally you get a worldy but only occasionally 

5 hours ago, gav-ffc said:

Sir Bob McHugh dropping to the lowland league and joining East Kilbride. 

He is a league one striker at best for me, I'd have took him for a one year deal but wouldn't want him championship level as have Queens park 

5 hours ago, MrDust said:

Ditto tho Nesbitt frustrated the life out of me, he has the talent but 

In reality you need to bleed young players in and out of the team, the players mentioned were rarely involved. I get the hatred towards Holt but young players generally need to bled into the first team, occasionally you get a worldy but only occasionally 

He is a league one striker at best for me, I'd have took him for a one year deal but wouldn't want him championship level as have Queens park 

You also need a decent environment to bring them into to allow them to play and learn.  Bringing young players into that side last season was never going to work even if they had been of the necessary standard. We saw it all before when Totten was forced to bring in youngsters in his last season and we should've been relegated. Those same youngsters were then outstanding the next season in McCall's side.

59 minutes ago, Jackie Myles said:

You also need a decent environment to bring them into to allow them to play and learn.  Bringing young players into that side last season was never going to work even if they had been of the necessary standard. We saw it all before when Totten was forced to bring in youngsters in his last season and we should've been relegated. Those same youngsters were then outstanding the next season in McCall's side.

Well Miller and Kerr were, and Rennie and I suppose Rodgers were serviceable, but the rest were never of the quality we needed to progress. Kenny Deuchar might have been if we'd kept him.

10 hours ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Standard price in the Ellwyn was always £40 but that included the ammo.

The same package was only £30 in the Avongrange mind you 🤣🤣🤣

My God, Bowhouse, Avongrange and Ellwyn what a cracking night out that would be 😲

Amateurs - where I live now I was once seriously offered a murder contract (on someone who had shagged my g/f while I was in hospital intensive care on life support)  for £300.

I turned it down not wanting to spend the rest of my life inside, the person concerned then offered me a lesser option of getting him stabbed "with a junkies' needle" for £50.

11 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Well Miller and Kerr were, and Rennie and I suppose Rodgers were serviceable, but the rest were never of the quality we needed to progress. Kenny Deuchar might have been if we'd kept him.

Deuchar hardly played that season neither did Rodgers.  Rennie , miller and Kerr played a lot as did  Ricky waddle who went on to have a half decent career elsewhere.  Nobody else started much.  My point is though these guys flourished with good players alongside them . 

Keith brown was a name that popped up that season but I can hardly remember him at all.