The Falkirk FC Thread

9 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I paid £17.95 for a pint of Estrella and a Vodka & Irn Bru in The Three Sisters in Edinburgh, you expect that in the city but no the Mill Inn.

£56 for 4 (four) wines in the stadium for the concerts. Not my drinks thankfully but that’s brutal. 

1 hour ago, 101 said:

That's alright then. Tbh £7 for a gun and £3 for an irn bru is probably the going rate for a place with a captive audience. At the Newcastle arena a pint of shit lager was £7/£8 can't remember which.

The Mill is quite rough but I think a gun would cost you more than £7.

1 hour ago, Jackie Myles said:

Difficult to gauge exactly as he had to play alongside Brad Mackay a lot.

Agree difficult to judge if he was rotten or rank rotten 

Felt bad for Lemon, not pretending he was anything but shite for us but it really felt like he was absolutely nowhere near first team level and we shoved him into the starting XI in a panic once it was clear Holt's signings weren't going to cut it. Him, Williamson and Weeks should have only played in absolute emergencies.
That said there was a game or two where he looked promising.

3 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

On the topic of Holt and his signings does anyone realistically think McGlynn will get a tune out them? 

Some are beyond help I think but others you never know. Nesbitt showed promise before disappearing and McCann can definitely be used better.

9 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

On the topic of Holt and his signings does anyone realistically think McGlynn will get a tune out them? 

I’m hoping he can get McGuffie, McCann, Nesbitt, Morrison and Williamson to be at least decent squad players. Maybe too much to hope for though.

Edited by Harry Kinnear

47 minutes ago, ilostmyself said:

Felt bad for Lemon, not pretending he was anything but shite for us but it really felt like he was absolutely nowhere near first team level and we shoved him into the starting XI in a panic once it was clear Holt's signings weren't going to cut it. Him, Williamson and Weeks should have only played in absolute emergencies.
That said there was a game or two where he looked promising.

It was in reality a bullshit scam. Lemon, Weekes (and was it Williamson?) came in under the guise of “development players” who then made massive progress under the Holt/Fergus mentoring, and so were elevated to the first team squad. It was all nonsense.

They were always going to be part of the first team squad, but Holt knew well enough that they were nowhere near good enough, so the development story could be spun to make it look like they the first graduates (without playing in any competitive games). Another absolutely class bit of business by Holt.

17 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I’m hoping he can get McGuffie, McCann, Nesbitt, Morrison and Williamson to be at least decent squad players. Maybe too much to hope for though.

That looks like the ghost of last season’s Bermuda Triangle of a midfield plus two wing backs that didn’t do a great deal either. McCann can be excepted from criticism as Rennie never gave him a chance. We really need a shedload of physicality brought in, or we are headed for a big chunk of deja vu. No doubt McGlynn is well aware of it, but it all depends if he has the scope and time to fix it.

Two weeks tomorrow, and we will have a glimpse of what he has managed to put together in the Crunchie Stand match.

33 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

That looks like the ghost of last season’s Bermuda Triangle of a midfield plus two wing backs that didn’t do a great deal either. McCann can be excepted from criticism as Rennie never gave him a chance. We really need a shedload of physicality brought in, or we are headed for a big chunk of deja vu. No doubt McGlynn is well aware of it, but it all depends if he has the scope and time to fix it.

Two weeks tomorrow, and we will have a glimpse of what he has managed to put together in the Crunchie Stand match.

I’m hoping none of them are part of a starting 11. I think we have to accept, that if we can’t punt them all then some of the contracted players are still going to be part of the squad. I’d gladly get rid of the lot of them but I don’t think it’s going to happen. They are probably the ones I could stomach on the subs bench.

Edited by Harry Kinnear

55 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Yeah I'd prefer if he managed to move Nesbitt on, he can only really play as a 10 and even then the majority of the game he's non existent. Williamson downed tools last season too many times and we can't afford that this year, so he can also go. Mccann got a raw deal under Rennie I'd like to see him given another shot as I believe he's got something to offer. Couldn't care less if Mcguffie went or not, he'd be fine as a squad player.

Morrison's got the potential to be a key player for us again this year, just needs to really focus on his composure infront of goal.

Edited by FFC 1876

19 minutes ago, gav-ffc said:

Believe he is in the process of becoming a police officer so a drop to part time was inevitable.

Will never forget his goal against Hibs in the last minute,i may or may not have ran about like a man possessed in the Hotel Isobel Tenerife reception.

*i did indeed

Guest FFC1965
1 hour ago, ebobsboy said:

Some will have to play as there isnt the money to replace them all. 

Most likely would be full backs where a good performance is as much about them being disciplined in their field position / marking / getting a tackle in rather than being good on the ball.   Its no coincidence that our first three recruits have been in the more difficult positions in the spine of the team.  I expect the next recruits to be 2 strikers and a centre mid and that might be our lot unless theres bumper ST sales.    

Therefore I could see McCann and Williamson playing IF they are prepared to work like trojans as McGlynn demands.   

I recall Hetherington being very good against us for Alloa on a number of occasions so who knows.  Again he'd have to show a massive increase in workrate.  

I see no hope for McGuffie, McKay, Morrison, Wilson, Ross or Nesbitt.