The Falkirk FC Thread

4 hours ago, virginton said:

^^^ An absolutely mind-boggling sense of entitlement

Last time I checked, the big bad council didn't put a gun to your heads, forced you to leave Brockville and set up a new stadium that your club doesn't own. That was your club's free choice - and in the short term, you benefited from it.

Now the shortcomings of that trade-off are simply playing out as expected. And the idea that Falkirk will be getting much benefit at all from concerts once every other more significant party involved takes their cut is wishful thinking. 

Mr Know it all strikes again with a massive L.

1 minute ago, FalkirkBairn09 said:

I have an interesting questions 

mid u had to pick between

dennon lewis

marcus haber and

dan turner

up top for us next season, who would u pick 

I pick 4-6-0

20 minutes ago, FalkirkBairn09 said:

dennon lewis

marcus haber and

dan turner

None of them however if pushed Turner or Haber as I would not want that horrible, nasty piece of work Lewis anywhere near Falkirk Stadium or indeed Falkirk ever again.

1 hour ago, FFC 1876 said:

Must be saving all our signings for a big saucy reveal tomorrow.

Just waiting till Brandon Flowers has got time to film a reveal video where he prints Sibbald 10 on the new strip then fucks a Benny T's pie supper off Gary Holts heid. 

3 hours ago, Springfield said:

The club missed a trick by not having a stand - could have sold shop goods and STs ( and scarfs)

Poor decision by the new commercial manager……😂……still time for tonight…..

Dunno TBH but possibly limited to selling Killer's merchandise on the day?

4 hours ago, FalkirkBairn09 said:

dennon lewis

marcus haber and

dan turner

The worst ever shag,marry,kill.

Seems like two great nights at the Killers. Well done to all involved organising this both current and previous regimes and all those who volunteered to help. 
Hopefully we made some decent income 

9 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Seems like two great nights at the Killers. Well done to all involved organising this both current and previous regimes and all those who volunteered to help. 
Hopefully we made some decent income 

Now I could be wrong here as it's going back a bit but did we not used to have an events offshoot of the club organizing the gigs in the early days and made a load of money on gigs like Elton John but got burned when the likes of Ronan Keating played and fell well short of what we needed so now it's all organized by the promoters and proper gig events companies and we just get a cut or a stadium hire fee?        

The stadium is a great venue and location for these big gigs so long may they continue to come and regardless óf the deal it's still much needed revenue.   

8 minutes ago, Hank von Hell said:

Now I could be wrong here as it's going back a bit but did we not used to have an events offshoot of the club organizing the gigs in the early days and made a load of money on gigs like Elton John but got burned when the likes of Ronan Keating played and fell well short of what we needed so now it's all organized by the promoters and proper gig events companies and we just get a cut or a stadium hire fee?        

The stadium is a great venue and location for these big gigs so long may they continue to come and regardless óf the deal it's still much needed revenue.   

These events go through the Events company - I think. No idea how much that these concerts generate now. 

10 hours ago, Tea and Busquets said:

Always disliked the stadium for only having 3 sides but it really suits Concerts to a T. With the open space perfect for the stage, it really is an excellent venue for a concert. I’ve been to Little Mix, Elton John and now The Killers and that was the best yet. Superb 👏

Yes, with only having 3 sides the stadium certainly lacks atmosphere for the football but the 3 sided stadium certainly affords the club the opportunity to host concerts and provide us with a much needed additional source of income. 

I popped onto YouTube because I remembered seeing this telescopic seating system there a year or 2 ago. Not ideal, but I think that it might offer the club the best of both worlds - seating for the football yet folds away to allow the stadium to continue to be used as a concert venue. I know that it lacks roofing but surely a gazebo could be used a la us previously or Hamilton Accies now? Obviously no idea as to the costs involved but it might be worth considering. As a rough estimate it could add an extra couple of thousand onto the stadium's capacity for the football.

5 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Yes, with only having 3 sides the stadium certainly lacks atmosphere for the football but the 3 sided stadium certainly affords the club the opportunity to host concerts and provide us with a much needed additional source of income. 

I popped onto YouTube because I remembered seeing this telescopic seating system there a year or 2 ago. Not ideal, but I think that it might offer the club the best of both worlds - seating for the football yet folds away to allow the stadium to continue to be used as a concert venue. I know that it lacks roofing but surely a gazebo could be used a la us previously or Hamilton Accies now? Obviously no idea as to the costs involved but it might be worth considering. As a rough estimate it could add an extra couple of thousand onto the stadium's capacity for the football.

Do we really need that though? Won't do much to improve the atmosphere and the current capacity is more than enough for us at the moment.   To improve the atmosphere you would need a proper stand and enclosed corners of the ground. Even then with the size of away supports outside the top flight these days you are going to struggle.