The Falkirk FC Thread

That kind of attitude starts applying to other areas and next thing you know you’re massively underachieving and.... oh wait 

You should strive for the best standards regardless of what level you’re at and that should be the attitude of everyone involved within the club if you want to actually improve 

You mean like appointing a DoF when in the lower divisions?
I’ll take by clubs survival over yet another extravagant gesture with little reward thank you….

I’ll take by clubs survival over yet another extravagant gesture with little reward thank you….

Tbf it might’ve worked if we hadn’t a complete and utter fucking charlatan to do the job.

I can't comment on other surfaces as I have no idea how they compare with ours, though I imagine newer ones will be better. As for replacing it, I would make three observations. 
Firstly is that the players hate it. There were reports from multiple people who spoke to last years playing squad at the Gala Awards, and in general the players were derided for complaining about how bad it was, given how bad they were too. But maybe they had a point? 
Secondly is the medical staff. I had multiple conversations with one who used to work with us and had compiled detailed statistics of all the injuries he'd treated which he attributed to the pitch. He was ordered not to discuss it with anyone by a former CEO. 
Thirdly is the injuries over the last two years, particularly late in the season. It doesn't take much research to see how many players we've been missing as the seasons drew to a close. 
If McGlynn thinks it'll benefit the players to train on grass rather than the stadium astro, then surely the club should try and make it happen? 

Sorry but this just feels like the same overblown argument against plastic pitches that we hear every second week.
I genuinely don’t believe they are any worse than some patchy second rate grass pitch which is what you get most winters at this level…

11 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

If the pitch needs replaced it needs replaced? 

And I never knew the situation was as bad as that... if so you maybe have a point. Grim

12 minutes ago, Hartleys18/19Army said:

No nonsense about it. Who turns up to court in a moncler jacket pleading poverty.

No idea what you are on about but if you a personal issue with somebody then don't plaster it on an anonymous forum. You're just making yourself look like a banger.

3 hours ago, Hartleys18/19Army said:

BPM- slagged anyone to do with the club for the last 10 years until his pals are involved. 

Shadwell calling people crooks when he's a crook himself. Notice how his posts are removed. Not wanting the truth exposed.

Did you not notice we have been run into the ground in the last 10 years or because you or your mates were involved you have airbrushed that out of your memory? 

I was right, end of, and now we have transparency it is getting proven how badly run it was. I stand by that criticism. 

Edited by Back Post Misses

4 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

And yet it’ll still be a better surface than most of the teams in the division.
I genuinely don’t get why replacing the pitch is a priority whilst we are in League One.
Wait until we’re promoted then use some of the extra income to part fund the upgrade.
In the interim our priority should be what we are putting on the pitch, not what we are using as a pitch…..

The pitch is done that is why it needs to be replaced. I hate to see what 2 days with 10,000 people on it will do to it when the flooring is lifted from the concerts. 

I do not understand why on earth we would be spending money on a training ground when we are incurring such massive losses? How is that a good use of budget? Added to that the gym is at the stadium - is that now going to sit unused or will the players be going back and forth between both? All this pitch talk seems crazy when was good enough when we were flying high at the top of the championship and for every other club with a plastic pitch.

An outstanding show at the Stadium last night - so clearly not everything done by previous regimes was bad, some effort to get a band of such a stature to come to Falkirk. Replace the pitch with grass and it’ll be so much harder to get gigs like these as you’ll be restricted to such a small window for shows.

If commercial income can’t be increased where are we going to plug the gap from as it doesn’t sound like any of the patrons have the funds to put in significant new investment.

The old MSG were slaughtered on here for giving the club soft loans - however at least we had a handful of very wealthy individuals who could write a cheque when times got tough. Ok they got paid back but where will we get funds now to get through any cash flow problems or even to fund the new pitch?

3 minutes ago, Braes_Bairn said:

I do not understand why on earth we would be spending money on a training ground when we are incurring such massive losses? How is that a good use of budget? Added to that the gym is at the stadium - is that now going to sit unused or will the players be going back and forth between both? All this pitch talk seems crazy when was good enough when we were flying high at the top of the championship and for every other club with a plastic pitch.

An outstanding show at the Stadium last night - so clearly not everything done by previous regimes was bad, some effort to get a band of such a stature to come to Falkirk. Replace the pitch with grass and it’ll be so much harder to get gigs like these as you’ll be restricted to such a small window for shows.

I'm sure the gym equipment could be moved...

As good a show last night probably was, football comes first regarding the pitch and if it's deemed insufficient by our new coach, ex 'players' and medical staff then surely it's a red flag. 

Had the absolute pleasure of watching the Killers at the stadium. The stadiums atmosphere was electric/brilliant and best live band by a country mile.
Could have got the entry/existing better, but overall a superb gig. Only stadium in Scotland picked for two consecutive nights so well done to the club.

11 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Had the absolute pleasure of watching the Killers at the stadium. The stadiums atmosphere was electric/brilliant and best live band by a country mile.
Could have got the entry/existing better, but overall a superb gig. Only stadium in Scotland picked for two consecutive nights so well done to the club.

Possibly a stupid question but would we lose the ability to hold these type of events if we had 4 stands? I am unaware where any of their other gigs were prior to last night but looking at their upcoming schedule the only football stadium that I recognise is Norwich City's Carrow Road which is a much bigger stadium then TFS. Perhaps having only 3 stands is a bonus? (for now, anyway).

1 hour ago, Braes_Bairn said:

Do you not understand that the pitch is worn out and barely fit for purpose?

It is years since we were competing at the top of the championship and the pitch has deteriorated massively since then.

Cannot believe that you think a very modest outlay on improved training facilities is not a good use of budget.

If that is going to improve the players performances and recovery times from injuries then it is exactly the type of investment the club should be making.

1 hour ago, Braes_Bairn said:

If commercial income can’t be increased where are we going to plug the gap from as it doesn’t sound like any of the patrons have the funds to put in significant new investment.

The old MSG were slaughtered on here for giving the club soft loans - however at least we had a handful of very wealthy individuals who could write a cheque when times got tough. Ok they got paid back but where will we get funds now to get through any cash flow problems or even to fund the new pitch?

Soft loans with better interest than banks make on loans aye really helped us out long term.

Just for context, the Caley with an operating loss of £235k is classed as an 'ongoing concern'.  f**k knows what a £900k loss is.

Edited by TheScarf