The Falkirk FC Thread

Guest Brockvillenomore
1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Certain former director spending 25k of the clubs money on hospitality tickets to give out to board members friends and family.

SD. Please delete this post.

It’s so outlandish it just can’t be true  

However unlikely it may be, let’s just say it’s if true…..then you (and your source) have breached confidentiality to a level that should result in dismissals within the club: it could also compromise ongoing investigations. 

Received the ST information today, and like many others decided to get the tickets for the family today. After tackling the now permanent road works which makes travelling from Glasgow’s west end to anywhere a nightmare, got a relatively good drive back “home” 

Appreciate there’s a huge concert going on, but to be denied parking was atrocious. Was directed by a 30 stone gorilla to park at the Kelpies or the college. With the shop shutting at 12, it was impossible to make the shop. At least three other cars were behind me and also told the same. No fault on the club, but if anyone is planning to go down Monday or Tuesday for STs don't go near the stadium.

44 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Received the ST information today, and like many others decided to get the tickets for the family today. After tackling the now permanent road works which makes travelling from Glasgow’s west end to anywhere a nightmare, got a relatively good drive back “home” 

Appreciate there’s a huge concert going on, but to be denied parking was atrocious. Was directed by a 30 stone gorilla to park at the Kelpies or the college. With the shop shutting at 12, it was impossible to make the shop. At least three other cars were behind me and also told the same. No fault on the club, but if anyone is planning to go down Monday or Tuesday for STs don't go near the stadium.

Shop closed on Monday I think but hopefully online sales up & running by then. 

10 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Thanks for the update 

Not ideal you had a wasted trip though. I went down on Friday but was lucky enough to get parked under in the one area open for parking. The rest were all fenced off. 

4 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

No he's still on the bod.

No, it’s Gordon Wright who is still on the Board. Gordon C.  Stood down after the Q&A as he didn’t want his presence to be a hindrance to investment and/or progress.

1 hour ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

I know we should know better but really hard not to feel a lot of optimism about this season. Great managerial appointment and finally have someone with a clue bringing in players.

Let the games commence. 

I just hope that expectations off what McGlynn can do with that group of players are either realistic, or else he is going to have to perform one helluva turnaround in fortunes.

5 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

I just hope that expectations off what McGlynn can do with that group of players are either realistic, or else he is going to have to perform one helluva turnaround in fortunes.

Mc Glynn is one of the best Managers Raith has EVER had, including Jimmy Nicol. He may be the most astute signing FFC have made this year.

I think he will get the most out of the  players...he has  taken us ti two Cup Finals (Challenge)

FFC for promotion.

8 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Relax Duncan, it won’t be that group of players. We’ve already made 3 signings, I believe another 2 have verbally agreed to sign and there will be at least 3 more on top of that. That’s before we cut ties with some of the deadwood we’ve been left. 

19 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Last season the managers and the background boardroom goings on was never going to bring the best out the players.

McGynn rightly has wiped the slate clean and given them a fresh start the least the support can do is give them a chance. By doing that then a few might just surprise us.

Nothing to lose everything to gain.

28 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Last season the managers and the background boardroom goings on was never going to bring the best out the players.

Rennie came in with the intention of signing 4 players from the USA it seems. That was immediately quashed by FFC not having an international bond (£3,000) which would allow those signings. That set everything back and was Holt's/BOD's fault. I feel sorry for him although his lack of stature in the player's eyes was an issue also it seems.

49 minutes ago, JulioBairn said:

Relax Duncan, it won’t be that group of players. We’ve already made 3 signings, I believe another 2 have verbally agreed to sign and there will be at least 3 more on top of that. That’s before we cut ties with some of the deadwood we’ve been left. 

Mcglynn said in his first interview the next few weeks would define our season, we're almost on week 4 since said interview and preseason starts next week. My optimism's building but we still need a good few players in and out before I start to get excited about this season.

Goalkeeper 
PJ Morrison
Paddy Martin
Luke Holt

Defenders
Blair Sneddon
Ryan Williamson
Brad Mckay
Leon McCann
Paul Watson
Liam Henderson
Coll Donaldson