The Falkirk FC Thread

5 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

The contracted players if they have sense will come back in good condition and impress. McGynn is nobodies mug and will have them told its a fresh start for them all. You never know some might just surprise us all after all it cant have been easy with last seasons management.

Some might but Wilson won't not now not ever. 

I’ll renew once the online sales start.

I wonder where the club are looking at to set up a new training base. This was mentioned last night and they said they hoped to find somewhere that could accommodate all age groups. Thinking locally the only place I could think of with such a set up was Little Kerse. Not sure if that’s an option though as I’m pretty sure when we left there the last time it was not on good terms with the owner, could be wrong though.

Edited by Harry Kinnear

4 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I’ll renew once the online sales start.

I wonder where the club are looking at to set up a new training base. This was mentioned last night and they said they hoped to find somewhere that could accommodate all age groups. Thinking locally the only place I could think of with such a set up was Little Kerse. Not sure if that’s an option though as I’m pretty sure when we left there the last time it was not on good terms with the owner, could be wrong though.

New owner now. Now owned and run by a well known Falkirk fan so could see it happening. 

5 hours ago, LatapyBairn. said:

That’s an absolutely horrendous state of affairs if true and an abuse of the fans/members trust in the set up, it isn’t being run as a democratic members organisation. Unless things change people paying they’re money every month should be made aware of this and perhaps transfer membership and direct debits over to the FSS which is obviously fully democratic. We don’t need more people involved who treat the fans money and our club as they’re own personal play thing, if you want to play the big man and make demands on the club without consulting the fans/members who raised the cash then don’t take they’re money trying to play the big shot.  Walk the walk yourself, let’s see the colour of your own personal cash to fund it. 

Whole raft of folk ready to leave B4L for the reasons you've stated above. Self inflicted due to one man's ego. Absolutely no consultation with the membership no wonder they're leaving. 

4 minutes ago, Syd Puddefoot said:

Whole raft of folk ready to leave B4L for the reasons you've stated above. Self inflicted due to one man's ego. Absolutely no consultation with the membership no wonder they're leaving. 

I’d rather my £10 was going Into FSS at the moment than B4l after last night.

Surely there must be an easy mechanism where B4L direct debits can simply be transferred over to the supporters society, running the two in tandem never made sense to me and at least with the supporters society we get shares in the club for our money, two seats on the BOD and a democratic one member one vote system on how not only the FSS is run but an influence within the club itself as well via the elected reps.

Edited by LatapyBairn.

I’m an FSS member and I did suggest in an earlier post that the money from FSS, BFL could be an option towards renewing the pitch when the time comes. The decision on this should be put to the members for consideration first though and the type of pitch they go for should be down to the board/club.

BFL was set up to provide funds for the manager to boost his squad in January as previous regimes always said there was never any money to do that.

I thought it a good idea because of that issue. Then mysteriously the club found a wad of cash to fund Hartley’s January spree after he cleared out Houstie’s team. 

I stopped contributing then, not because it was a bad scheme or I didn’t like those running it but because the supporters had been duped by the then Board to cough up cash when all along they could find it themselves. 

37 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

Surely there must be an easy mechanism where B4L direct debits can simply be transferred over to the supporters society, running the two in tandem never made sense to me and at least with the supporters society we get shares in the club for our money, two seats on the BOD and a democratic one member one vote system on how not only the FSS is run but an influence within the club itself as well via the elected reps.

The whereabouts regarding the BfL money will be decided by its members at the next AGM which will be quite soon.

One person does not have the power.

All BfL subscriptions are by s/o which means the member can cancel as and whenever.

6 hours ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

I heard it was down to money.  We'd offered over £1k a week and Dunfermline have offered more.  His first choice was a new contract with Rovers so maybe staying in Fife played a part too.  

Can't say I'm disappointed.  Signings have been solid if unspectacular so far.  Hopefully the next few will be more mouth watering.

What !!! Utter madness if that’s true over a 1k a week ? No wonder the Rovers couldn’t agree an extension , He’s ain’t a 1k + defender no way