The Falkirk FC Thread

5 minutes ago, MuckleMoo said:

Apologies for dropping into your thread but I'm heading through to Falkirk on Monday to see the Killers. I've got no idea about where's best to park! Any suggestions would be appreciated

Best shout would be the college 5 minute walk from the stadium

Edited by AL-FFC

Its very minor but one slight annoyance with the ST info is if you're going to the trouble of renaming a stand in honour of the player of the millennium please refer to it as such. 

The CI have not spent considerable time and effort for it to remain the South Stand!

It should be known as the Kevin McAllister South Stand in all references to it.

7 minutes ago, MuckleMoo said:
14 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:
Best shout would be the college 5 minute walk from the stadium

Cheers bud

There's also the industrial estate. College to the right of the away stand (as you approach it), over the roundabout then right at the lights. IE is on the left of the stand and over the bridge.

I'm assuming there'll be parking at the stadium too but, no doubt, it'll be extortionate!

9 hours ago, Russ said:

Was at the first meeting and thought they all spoke very well, Kenny Jameson in particular. Some good information and some absolute damning stuff about the past. The fact we had no system in place to check whether our sponsors had paid or not for the signage in the stadium and that some had been up for over 3 years without the club being paid at all is an absolute embarrassment. That along with signing up they absolute jokers as our shirt sponsor last year were just the tip of the iceberg of how badly we’ve been run in the past and how terrible previous boards and our former Commercial Manager had done.

Appalling that previous bods and commercial/marketing managers allowed this to happen. Free advertising or was there something more sinister?
Why on earth something simple like an internal audit didn’t highlight this. A club rotten to the core. 

The clowns on the previous bod including our previous commercial director shouldn't be allowed anywhere near the ground again. Amateur at best criminal at worst. The club was heading into an abyss with those chancers in the board room. 

1 minute ago, Shadwell Dog said:

The clowns on the previous bod including our previous commercial director shouldn't be allowed anywhere near the ground again. Amateur at best criminal at worst. The club was heading into an abyss with those chancers in the board room. 

Mind boggles what a certain employee was actually doing for around forty five weeks of the year.

I assume this is Korsazy being referred to? Incredible that he really seemed the most competent member of the previous regime. Just shows how totally fucked we were.

I was last in the ground a fortnight ago before prep started for the killers concerts and it was good to see things changing in the ground. Old boards being taken down. Hopefully the place looks a bit fresher come July.

Tbf to Kieran when he first came in there was a big upturn in sponsorship revenue with lots of additional boards going up around the ground. We also had about a million 'business partners', even the small amounts of money from these were welcome additions. However to not chase any of these up (even by literally anyone at the club given it was common knowledge that no further money had been received) was absolutely criminal. I also know a couple of businesses that had regularly sponsored the club previously and they weren't even approached last season to see if they wanted to put more money in. As others have said it is the absolute definition of a shambles. Unfortunately, loving the club does not mean you will be remotely good at the job at hand - hopefully Sammy was the last in a long line of experimental appointments on that front. I dont hold so much judgement on the Clarke ePos deal, hindsight is a wondering thing after all. Though they probably shouldn't have been chosen in the first place purely for having such a ganting logo 

Edited by NavyBlueArmy1876

1 minute ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Tbf to Kieran when he first came in there was a big upturn in sponsorship revenue with lots of additional boards going up around the ground. We also had about a million 'business partners', even the small amounts of money from these were welcome additions. However to not chase these up (even by literally anyone at the club given it was common knowledge that no further money had been received) was absolutely criminal. I also know a couple of businesses that had regularly sponsored the club previously and they weren't even approached last season to see if they wanted to put more money in. As others have said it is the absolute definition of a shambles. Unfortunately, loving the club does not mean you will be remotely good at the job at hand - hopefully Sammy was the last in a long line of experiments on that front. I dont hold so much judgement on the ClarkePos deal, hindsight is a wondering thing after all. Though they probably shouldn't have been chosen in the first place purely for having such a ganting logo 

I could agree with the Clarke Epos thing but to be honest I clearly recall multiple posters on here questioning it when the deal was announced - if it was so obvious to our esteemed contemporaries on here, how comes it seems to have swayed these pros we had running the place?

Something else that was commented on last night but I’ve not seen on here yet it was confirmed that we are still owed money by that Clarke ePos shite and we are taking them to court.

I’d have liked him but with Donaldson and Henderson in then until we can get Brad McKay fired directly into the sun then spending another decent wage on a centre back at this stage probably would’ve been a bit of waste.

4 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

This will most likely come back to bite me but I'm not too disappointed about this.

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/raith-rovers-captain-kyle-benedictus-set-to-sign-for-rivals-dunfermline-athletic-3719172

Agreed with Donaldson, Henderson, McKay (sign) and Watson on the treatment table we don’t need him at the moment imo.

6 minutes ago, gav-ffc said:

Agreed with Donaldson, Henderson, McKay (sign) and Watson on the treatment table we don’t need him at the moment imo.

Yeah definitely need another centre back in with Watson out injured for most of the season but Benedictus would have been on a decent wage so I'd quite happily see us bring in a loan instead.

13 minutes ago, gav-ffc said:

Not for me- McKay needs to be as far away from the team as possible. If we go with just the above, McKay is only one injury away from starting games which is no good.