The Falkirk FC Thread

4 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

At least there are early door signings for once instead of the flurry of signings 3 weeks before kick off.

Let them prove themselves on the pitch rather than the prejudging whether that be high expectations or useless. 

And I'd very much doubt we'll get the Jaime Wilson type panic signing after a trial going into a season with one fit striker. 

8 hours ago, Marshmallo said:

Saying you "like" a player with no prior reference to them anywhere from anyone else is the new leak of the last 6 months btw 👀

I like Innes Murray and he's just been released from Hibs along with Sean Mackie. 

13 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Take it you were at the meeting tonight just to show your commitment to FFC?

Nah lad too busy making fat stacks x 

Busy day for you! Down at Buckingham palace celebrating your overlord and then a meeting at FFC! Wow! 

727F87D0-324F-4C88-9758-7649CBFEF81E.jpeg

Edited by Senor Bairn

12 minutes ago, Senor Bairn said:

Nah lad too busy making fat stacks x 

Busy day for you! Down at Buckingham palace celebrating your overlord and then a meeting at FFC! Wow! 

727F87D0-324F-4C88-9758-7649CBFEF81E.jpeg

Nothing wrong with that.

Trust you’ll be upping your FSS subscription?

Just checking your commitment to FFC.

Was at the first meeting and thought they all spoke very well, Kenny Jameson in particular. Some good information and some absolute damning stuff about the past. The fact we had no system in place to check whether our sponsors had paid or not for the signage in the stadium and that some had been up for over 3 years without the club being paid at all is an absolute embarrassment. That along with signing up they absolute jokers as our shirt sponsor last year were just the tip of the iceberg of how badly we’ve been run in the past and how terrible previous boards and our former Commercial Manager had done.

Did they say if we have a shirt sponsor for next season?

Yeah a local company the owner of which is a big Falkirk fan. That’s all the detail they went into obviously wanting to wait until the strip launch to tell us any more.

Alexander Dennis would be a good fit for a shirt sponsor to coincide with the re-naming of the South Stand considering Crunchie used to work for them in Camelon back in the day when they were Alexanders.

Edited by Long Suffering Bairn
mistake

34 minutes ago, Russ said:

Was at the first meeting and thought they all spoke very well, Kenny Jameson in particular. Some good information and some absolute damning stuff about the past. The fact we had no system in place to check whether our sponsors had paid or not for the signage in the stadium and that some had been up for over 3 years without the club being paid at all is an absolute embarrassment. That along with signing up they absolute jokers as our shirt sponsor last year were just the tip of the iceberg of how badly we’ve been run in the past and how terrible previous boards and our former Commercial Manager had done.

Agreed.

It was good and the new Board came over well.

Mind you, we’ve heard it all before but I think they are very genuine.

The Rawlins are taking a back seat and won’t be investing any more.

The aim is to develop a community spirit within the club, including with the players. Sarah seems to be on board with this which is pleasing.

Apparently, they’ve had a few potential investors sniffing about but nothing that needs to be brought to shareholders as yet.

All in all a good meeting and I don’t think much will happen player wise till John and Paul get back from holiday.

They definitely want to train on grass away from the stadium.

Nothing wrong with that.
Trust you’ll be upping your FSS subscription?
Just checking your commitment to FFC.
Not that it's not already obvious from your abysmal posting on here, but folk like you are actively harmful to initiatives like FFS. Just shut up about other folks decisions and circumstances.

Arse.

Came away from the meeting in no doubt that we have some tough times ahead financially ,  I do however have more confidence in the  the current board to guide us through these tough times. They did not hold back from the fact that the backing from the fans whether it be ST’s/FSS/BFL/CI membership is vital and the fact the FSS needs to grow if we are to buy up the shares currently available to us to create investment for the club. 

Its definitely going to take a wee bit time to get us back on the right tracks but I came out of there a bit more optimistic than I have previous meetings.