The Falkirk FC Thread

Guest Ecosse83
10 minutes ago, Acon said:

Cheers folks. 
I’d thought about BTW but had in my head they never had screens. Was obviously in a stupor last time I was there…

thanks again!

Upstairs in btw has a big screen fkr the footie 

Guest Ecosse83

I’m actually quite liking hearing nothing at all about potential signings. When the signings do happen they will be a complete surprise. 

We actually seem to have a professional football club again 👏

29 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

I’m actually quite liking hearing nothing at all about potential signings. When the signings do happen they will be a complete surprise. 

We actually seem to have a professional football club again 👏

This. 

Instead of a certain Director popping in to plumb merchants telling them who is signing. 

Oh and The Mill Inn is at least a proper Bairns pub. Far worse in the town. 

2 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

This. 

Instead of a certain Director popping in to plumb merchants telling them who is signing. 

I've never been in it. Cant be many pubs in Falkirk iv never been in. The Magpie, The Star, The Carronade and the Mill off the top of my head. 

18 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I've never been in it. Cant be many pubs in Falkirk iv never been in. The Magpie, The Star, The Carronade and the Mill off the top of my head. 

They have a strict age limit in the Carronade which would probably debar you. Nobody gets in unless they're over 75. 

30 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

This. 

Apart from the Star and the Unity Club where is worse?

55 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

The Carronade's a strong contender for the worst pub in Falkirk so you've definitely not missed much.

Surprised no-one has asked the question about the new ticketing system. Leaving one of the worlds biggest ticketing platforms to an unheard of company Total Tickets.

A quick look at Companies House suggests it’s run from above an estate agents in Irvine. Doesn’t fill you with confidence… Clarke EPOS mk2?

17645e2caf39edd6b9259617bdbc6255.jpg

Guest Ecosse83
7 minutes ago, Braes_Bairn said:

Surprised no-one has asked the question about the new ticketing system. Leaving one of the worlds biggest ticketing platforms to an unheard of company Total Tickets.

A quick look at Companies House suggests it’s run from above an estate agents in Irvine. Doesn’t fill you with confidence… Clarke EPOS mk2?

What’s wrong with running from above an estate agents? 

1 hour ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

How many keyboard warriors are going tonight?

I am scheduled for the first session.

I'm not going tonight purely because I don't have any questions other than, who you signing next super John?

Quite happy with how the behind the scenes situation is heading, as I believe it's going in the right direction with the club being much more transparent on the things that should be getting communicated to fans and as much as it pains me to say the complete the opposite when it comes to who we're signing next as the lack of leaks should hopefully mean we get a few more over the line.

I will however look forward to coming on here to read people's summaries of the two sessions.

1 hour ago, Braes_Bairn said:

Partick Thistle use them and have had no issues I believe. As someone else said, you’d be surprised where some tech companies are based. I’d wager many will literally work from home now too. 

2 minutes ago, Braes_Bairn said:

Leaving a platform used by the majority of big clubs and events to join an unheard of ticketing company with no track record of large scale events?

I’d wager cost will be the main factor plus if it works for a similar sized club (Partick Thistle) then does it matter?