The Falkirk FC Thread

15 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

Thomson leaves Kelty, maybe the Kelty budget isn’t as big as we think! 

I think he's doing the right thing in leaving when his stock's high, just look at Callum Davidson this season.

Keltys budget won't be bigger than QPs I don't think, and I like to think McGlynn can field a team better than what QP were. I mean they weren't impressive, but got the job done all the same in the end.

We're probably a bigger obstacle to ourselves than what Kelty are.

15 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

He’s applied for 2 jobs and only been in the job a year hearts clearly not in it and has the the easiest job in Scottish football last season yet as he’s a media darling he’s the next Mourinho which will get him far up here.

8 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

I think he's doing the right thing in leaving when his stock's high, just look at Callum Davidson this season.

Tbf to Davidson and St Johnstone they were victims of their own success in that their cup wins meant they got plundered for their best players. And obviously weren't able to replace them with similar quality. Bit like when we lost Vaulks and replaced him with Rankin. Not even in the same ball park. 

53 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

My understanding is that Kelly’s owner employes the players as employees of his conservatory company and pays them a decent salary that way. That’s why they can afford players such as Austin, Tidser, Cardle etc.

21 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

Tbf to Davidson and St Johnstone they were victims of their own success in that their cup wins meant they got plundered for their best players. And obviously weren't able to replace them with similar quality. Bit like when we lost Vaulks and replaced him with Rankin. Not even in the same ball park. 

The worst thing about replacing Vaulks with Rankin is that he couldn’t get a game ahead of players who were behind Vaulks in the pecking order. Any signing was going to weaken the team but signing someone worse than what we already had was dreadful business. 

8 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

My understanding is that Kelly’s owner employes the players as employees of his conservatory company and pays them a decent salary that way. That’s why they can afford players such as Austin, Tidser, Cardle etc.

Selling “conservatories”

1 hour ago, Zbairn said:

If the club got shafted by Clarke EPOS.... can any one tell me why they are still prominent on the clubs website ?

I would imagine it’s one of two things……an oversight. People no longer connected with the club in any way still had a web presence for a very long time.

Or given the speculation around the less than upstanding reputation our current sponsor enjoys, the club is simply ensuring that they do not break their side of the contractual agreement even though he allegedly has. It would give him zero wriggle room if it ended up with lawyers.