The Falkirk FC Thread

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

We're not talking about the lad that always wears a hat, screams at opposition goalies and runs about wi the young team down the front at half time here by any chance?

Honestly don’t know. Would be pointless derailing the thread talking about it.

Let’s just say if you see your mate giving abuse to club volunteers or 18 year old kids, let’s start calling them out. 

12 hours ago, bairn88 said:

Honestly don’t know. Would be pointless derailing the thread talking about it.

Let’s just say if you see your mate giving abuse to club volunteers or 18 year old kids, let’s start calling them out. 

Can't remember which poster it was had issue with the pre-recorded messaging played before games but this is exactly why it's, sadly, necessary 🙁

Edited by Blame Me
Grammar

John McGlynn gave a two year contract to Nando Mendy. He’s not infallible. Our strongest CB pairing last season was Berra and Lang and I prefer Musonda to Bene. For me then he’s 4th choice, but if Musonda is away it maybe does make some sense to try to keep Bene given Lang and Berra’s injuries, I do get that but I do think we can do better.
Bene’s been a great servant, been around since McKinnon, but he’s become very inconsistent in the last 2/3 seasons, he’ll stroll one game but then have a couple of brainfarts and cost us a silly goal the next, he’s become liable to costly mistakes. A real feature or our season has been losing leads or not holding on to draws, we finished comfortably top of the first half league table this season, and bottom of the second half table. Plenty of factors surrounding that but I thought Bene’s decision making really did cost us quite a few of those points last season.
I’m not claiming to know more than two experienced football managers but I think it’s a reasoned opinion.
Fully back this opinion. If he stays I'm fine with it, but if he goes I doubt you'll find many (if any) Rovers fans seething about it. He was culpable for numerous errors last season and was prone to charging out of defence. On the other hand, he was excellent in the last 2 or 3 games.

I'm not saying for a minute Benedictus is the be all and end all but he's surely better than Brad  McKay. Plus if he does sign we will have Henderson, Donaldson, Watson(long term injury) as centre back options aswell as the aforementioned McKay unless we can punt him. 

7 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

I'm not saying for a minute Benedictus is the be all and end all but he's surely better than Brad  McKay. Plus if he does sign we will have Henderson, Donaldson, Watson(long term injury) as centre back options aswell as the aforementioned McKay unless we can punt him. 

We would have to pay someone to take Brad McKay. Absolutely gantin 

15 minutes ago, GeordieBairn said:

We would have to pay someone to take Brad McKay. Absolutely gantin 

Possibly the best we can realistically hope for is two players on season long loans where we pay 50% of their wages. Two out on those terms might allow one to come in.

Brad McKay would have to be one of them though…….and sadly, we would have to do that two years running.

Edited by Duncan Freemason

2 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Possibly the best we can realistically hope for is two players on season long loans where we pay 50% of their wages. Two out on those terms might allow one to come in.

Brad McKay would have to be one of them though…….and sadly, we would have to do that two years running.

Probably, would have be a team in desperation though. We will surely be his last full time club

30 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

Thing is, someone universally seen as decent L2 standard would be better than McKay. “Better than McKay” shouldn’t be a reason for signing anyone. Buchanan and Durnan are both “better than McKay”, but I wouldn’t like to see either of them back at FFC.

In fact, “better than McKay” is probably not the phrase to use. You could argue that Messi is “better than Ronaldo”, but where McKay is concerned, “not as bad as” would be a better fit.

Edited by Duncan Freemason

9 minutes ago, GeordieBairn said:

Probably, would have be a team in desperation though. We will surely be his last full time club

I think we will be his last ever club at any level.

44 minutes ago, GeordieBairn said:

Thought the same about some in the last 5 years but they’ve actually went on to play at a higher level. Some sport 

Some clubs still seem to think they can get something out of them but it's usually one season and then there back down here.

Not been mentioned what with the obvious choices for axing being McKay and Hetherington, but if Bagel Hands Holt hangs about picking up a wage, I admit that I’ll be a wee bit raging. Canny believe he got a 2 year deal:lol:

Edited by 18BAIRN76

21 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

A commanding keeper would be an excellent next signing, ideally someone experienced who shouts, organises and comes for cross balls if such a thing can be found at our level

Is Mitchell still a reserve at Hibs?

Always thought he was good when he came back to us with Clyde