The Falkirk FC Thread

Guest Ecosse83
16 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

No idea.

You should go along on Thursday and ask.

Honestly this line been trotted out anytime someone asks a wee question on here is becoming tiresome!

Think the club is in a difficult position regarding the pitch, replacing the “carpet” section on the current 4G pitch at the end of this season or next is obviously the most cost effective way to do it and allows us to continue collecting revenue from the Shire playing on it, pitch hire and hosting gigs ect. The only other option is going back to grass which not only has a big initial outlay it’ll reduce our income in the years going forward at a point where we’ve heard the club needs to be growing it’s income. I think the cost of installing a hybrid pitch seems to be around the million pound mark and is obviously way above what we could afford to spend so I presume its a pretty unlikely option all be it does give clubs the best of both worlds. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

34 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

Honestly this line been trotted out anytime someone asks a wee question on here is becoming tiresome!

Well, I’ve signed up for Thursday and I will ask how the signings are going although I believe McGlynn is on holiday but Managers are constantly on the phone at this time of year. Presumably, the directors will have a general idea of how things are progressing.

58 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

Think the club is in a difficult position regarding the pitch, replacing the “carpet” section on the current 4G pitch at the end of this season or next is obviously the most cost effective way to do it and allows us to continue collecting revenue from the Shire playing on it, pitch hire and hosting gigs ect. The only other option is going back to grass which not only has a big initial outlay it’ll reduce our income in the years going forward at a point where we’ve heard the club needs to be growing it’s income. I think the cost of installing a hybrid pitch seems to be around the million pound mark and is obviously way above what we could afford to spend so I presume its a pretty unlikely option all be it does give clubs the best of both worlds. 

Replace the surface this time round and hope to f**k we're in a position to go back to grass by the time the next one is done surely?

Guest FFC1965

I like the shape of things regarding our manager and new recruits.  

The new players so far have a logic to them, it appears that McGlynn is addressing the most important issues first - its reassuring when the manager is quite obviously seeing the same issues as fans.     

I see the bare minimum now as a GK, a centre mid and 2 forwards (the old cliche "spine of the team" thing).  I can see definitely see McCann, McGuffie & Morrison lining up at the start of the season and woulndt be surprised if R Williamson and maybe even Hetherington being given another chance.   If next season is going to be any kind of success there will have to be a number of players from 21/22 who turn a corner - even if its in a slightly different position

It'll be fascinating to see who lines up v Morton on 9 July.   

Edited by FFC1965

39 minutes ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

Replace the surface this time round and hope to f**k we're in a position to go back to grass by the time the next one is done surely?

Seems sensible at the moment although there does seem to be a clamour from fans to switch back to grass. The 4G surfaces seem to have a 10 to 15 year life span so whatever we do needs to be a relatively long term decision. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

26 minutes ago, FFC1965 said:

I like the shape of things regarding our manager and new recruits.  

The new players so far have a logic to them, it appears that McGlynn is addressing the most important issues first - its reassuring when the manager is quite obviously seeing the same issues as fans.     

I see the bare minimum now as a GK, a centre mid and 2 forwards (the old cliche "spine of the team" thing).  I can see definitely see McCann, McGuffie & Morrison lining up at the start of the season and woulndt be surprised if R Williamson and maybe even Hetherington being given another chance.   If next season is going to be any kind of success there will have to be a number of players from 21/22 who turn a corner - even if its in a slightly different position

It'll be fascinating to see who lines up v Morton on 9 July.   

I get exactly where you’re coming from, but for me we can’t afford any more second chances, Hetherington by his own admission was howling until the last few games when we were mathematically safe. I don’t think JM will gamble on previous shite unless he’s got to.

17 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

There's not even a gif or anything for patter as bad as this. There should be, but there isn't. 

Humming.

The old lad is reeking of pish and just smashing nonsense into his keyboard when he gets home.

A sorry state of affairs.

6 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

I know it's not Falkirk related anymore but anyone heard where Telfer's off to?

Some other gullible crowd, reeled in by the 'Utd paid cash for him, so he must have something' myth.' 

Was speaking to a lovely lady this morning who has volunteered at our club for many many years. She was telling me she’s not sure if she’s coming back next season after the abuse she received from someone at the second last home game, shouting and swearing at her. We have some utter c***s in our fanbase.

9 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Was speaking to a lovely lady this morning who has volunteered at our club for many many years. She was telling me she’s not sure if she’s coming back next season after the abuse she received from someone at the second last home game, shouting and swearing at her. We have some utter c***s in our fanbase.

In cases like that I wish the person was reported, and banned for years from the club. Don’t think many would have complaints. 

I remember at Montrose away last season (the 1-2 game) the usual culprit was laying into young Mills (on debut). Was uncomfortable as f**k. None of his mates said anything. 

10 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Try to find out from whom the abuse was coming and report it to JS.

Sounds awful.

These situations need to be diffused.

Apparently the club tried to identify the individual concerned but the CCTV footage wasn’t clear. The person who received the abuse said she didn’t know the person involved and she knows a lot of our regulars. I agree regarding banning the person involved.