The Falkirk FC Thread

43 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

If anything the local area is saturated with artificial pitches now. Since our main pitch was laid there are new 4g facilities being opened or upgraded elsewhere. Near enough every district withing Falkirk is within a 5 minute drive of one now. 

Another reason why I suspect we will go back to grass soon. 

On another point, I wonder what that will mean for the Shire if it did happen? Even a top class grass/hybrid pitch would be difficult to maintain. 

I believe the hybrid pitch can take more punishment, but is eye wateringly expensive. A grass pitch is still currently the pitch favoured by the majority of top sides, and it’s hard to argue that technology hasn’t come up with anything that is as good (let alone better).

Thing is, grass just doesn’t stand up to ground sharing. If it’s one club using it, then it is absolutely the best of surfaces, but at a cost of diminished revenue.

Celtic’s pitch on the last day of the season was in incredible condition. No worn areas in the goalmouth at all. Yet within a week, they had it scraped off in preparation for a new top surface of turf (or maybe just thin top soil and seed) to be put in place. It’s an expensive game to maintain in top condition (and Celtic’s is still some way off the likes of top EPL grounds).

44348835-6BB3-4096-8549-F989850B1EE2.jpeg

28 minutes ago, strichener said:

I though today was GTF day.  How comes the Falkirk thread is still in this forum. 😂

There's not even a gif or anything for patter as bad as this. There should be, but there isn't. 

Humming.

2 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

I believe the hybrid pitch can take more punishment, but is eye wateringly expensive ...

I posed a question about hybrid pitches a while back on another thread. Same feedback, that they're seriously expensive and beyond the means of most clubs up here. Pretty sure the rugby types have one at Murrayfield though.

On 15/05/2022 at 17:35, Shadwell Dog said:

I've never at any point said I had friends on the bod and if I did I'm not going to chat about the origins of that anyway. Can we no just talk about football on here?

8 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

The signage is badly needing either replaced or fixed.  Something should also be done about the old astro pitched. Complete eyesore having just been left to rot.

8 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

We should be getting the council to pay them to redecorate the ground.

Well?

Edited by Bairn in Exile

If he has signed for Airdrie we obviously were never in for him, unless the guy maybe wants to remain part time. Agree he doesn’t fit into the profile of the type McGlynn has signed or been rumoured in for this far. 

He is full time at airdrie and getting put through his coaching badges

McCabe will be a player only again by Christmas 

I actually tend to agree with this although I don’t think it will be as long as that. I just can’t see how you can a manager and assistant manager as players. Especially when the two of them will be starting every week.

I also tend to agree that, in simple terms, if falkirk and airdrie were going for the same players then most time the player would choose falkirk. That being said, falkirk have been an absolutely basket case lately whereas airdrie have been pretty consistent albeit unable to make the final step. Suspect falkirk will improve this season. They may not have been in for ballantyne, however, it is the type of signing they should have been making. Almost certainly the best right back in the league who could probably play championship.

11 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

I believe the hybrid pitch can take more punishment, but is eye wateringly expensive. A grass pitch is still currently the pitch favoured by the majority of top sides, and it’s hard to argue that technology hasn’t come up with anything that is as good (let alone better).

Thing is, grass just doesn’t stand up to ground sharing. If it’s one club using it, then it is absolutely the best of surfaces, but at a cost of diminished revenue.

Celtic’s pitch on the last day of the season was in incredible condition. No worn areas in the goalmouth at all. Yet within a week, they had it scraped off in preparation for a new top surface of turf (or maybe just thin top soil and seed) to be put in place. It’s an expensive game to maintain in top condition (and Celtic’s is still some way off the likes of top EPL grounds).

44348835-6BB3-4096-8549-F989850B1EE2.jpeg

Don't know if it's the point you're making, but Celtic have a hybrid pitch.

So do Hearts, Hibs, Rangers and I'm sure Motherwell are putting one in this Summer too.

10 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

There's not even a gif or anything for patter as bad as this. There should be, but there isn't. 

Humming.

Don't worry, I have all year to find one.  It's a pity the forum doesn't have a recurring post option.

9 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Read my post again,

I did.  It wasn't me that started chat about the state of the ground. I made a contribution highlighting the 'football pitches' and then a joke.  The pitches surely are football related as noone  can play in them due to their current state.You appear to be another one of these people that can't seem to move on but instead keep bringing things up weeks later when noone else is at all interested. 

Edited by Shadwell Dog

4 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I did.  It wasn't me that started chat about the state of the ground. I made a contribution highlighting the 'football pitches' and then a joke.  The pitches surely are football related as noone  can play in them due to their current state.You appear to be another one of these people that can't seem to move on but instead keep bringing things up weeks later when noone else is at all interested. 

No, you're being hypocritical Shadwell. You posted "Can we no just talk about football on here?". because it suited you at the time but now you are quite happy posting about non footballing matters. Nothing personal Shadwell, I just think you should be consistent.

21 hours ago, FFC1982 said:

Hoping we can hit a winner in the Centre Forward lottery this time, feels like its been a while since we’ve had options up front that have been any good or offered anything different, maybe since the Houstie season that we had McHugh, Baird and Miller as options

Declan McManus and Zak rudden 

33 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

No, you're being hypocritical Shadwell. You posted "Can we no just talk about football on here?". because it suited you at the time but now you are quite happy posting about non footballing matters. Nothing personal Shadwell, I just think you should be consistent.

Think talking about the councils responsibility in maintaining the football stadium is a bit more about football than someone asking shadwell to reveal personal details about his 'pals' who are on the board tbf 

32 minutes ago, Senor Bairn said:

Think talking about the councils responsibility in maintaining the football stadium is a bit more about football than someone asking shadwell to reveal personal details about his 'pals' who are on the board tbf 

The fact he has clearly held onto that post for a fortnight waiting to use for the next slightest thing SD would say that wasn't about the actual team or the game, it's different levels of minter 😂