The Falkirk FC Thread

Guest Ecosse83

My goodness what are these Clydebank…sorry I mean Airdrie FC fans all about? Quite looking forward to Mcglynns team bodying them next season! 

Clydebank fans desperately trying to stay relevant here. I appreciate it’s a fantastic achievement when your best team for 20 years finishes above our worst team of all time but maybe you could go and celebrate on your own page now?

16 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

Defensive? You and your partner in crime Pedro are always looking for something to be critical about. He was having a go about what JS was doing you are now on the chief scouts case. Tiresome. Who do you think unearthed the lad from Hull? 

No need to take everything so personally.  I asked about the scout and what the story was as it seems he's been about a while and we haven't really heard from him or what he's been up to or impact on signings.  Hardly an unreasonable discussion to have 🙅‍♀️

Great to hear he was the one who found Mills (though wasn't exactly impossible that perhaps Kenny Miller knew of him via Arveladze,  Docherty or Scott).  Having a good scouting network is going to be worth its eight in gold if we can start finding gems from outside the SPFL so fingers crossed he and the new guy from Raith can be the difference.  

Don’t know why there is so much pish talk between Airdrie and Falkirk fans right now, can only assume we are two teams likely to be challenging and both are moving into the unknown with new managers etc.   For me, I’m looking for a stronger Falkirk next year.  Was expecting you guys to take points off of CR and others which didn’t happen and we will most definitely need teams capable of helping against Dunfermline etc.  how are things shaping up and do you think McGlynn will have these guys better organized for next season? Unsure of your squad but suspect the contract situations are a bit of a hinderance? Looking forward to our meetings next season. Not expecting it to be quite as one sided as last year and will most likely be tight cagey affairs.  Taking you guys for the playoffs, don’t let me down. Made that prediction for you last 2 seasons but was a shit show.  Work in progress, playoffs would be a step in the right direction 

45 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

No need to take everything so personally.  I asked about the scout and what the story was as it seems he's been about a while and we haven't really heard from him or what he's been up to or impact on signings.  Hardly an unreasonable discussion to have 🙅‍♀️

Great to hear he was the one who found Mills (though wasn't exactly impossible that perhaps Kenny Miller knew of him via Arveladze,  Docherty or Scott).  Having a good scouting network is going to be worth its eight in gold if we can start finding gems from outside the SPFL so fingers crossed he and the new guy from Raith can be the difference.  

you and Pedro are probably the only two now who always have an angle to criticise even when everyone else sees things as positive. It is tiresome. You are the “yes but what if brigade”. I can tell you it isn’t personal. If it was I certainly wouldn’t be replying on a forum. 

I don’t know if he did find Mills but since he is the scout my assumption that is his job. The new guy from Raith I don’t think is a scout in that sense but more someone who reports on the opposition etc etc. SD will correct me if I am wrong though. 

3 hours ago, FFC1982 said:

Just ignore the Clydebank/Airdrie fans, its a desperate attempt to make themselves relevant and by reacting you just encourage them. Anyway, who are we looking for next, a centre mid or an actual centre forward?

Hopefully a striker as unless they are a loan the vast majority of decent options get swallowed up early on. 

Simon Murray & Poplatnik the only two rumoured so far. 

12 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Hopefully a striker as unless they are a loan the vast majority of decent options get swallowed up early on. 

Simon Murray & Poplatnik the only two rumoured so far. 

Hoping we can hit a winner in the Centre Forward lottery this time, feels like its been a while since we’ve had options up front that have been any good or offered anything different, maybe since the Houstie season that we had McHugh, Baird and Miller as options

1 hour ago, Back Post Misses said:

you and Pedro are probably the only two now who always have an angle to criticise even when everyone else sees things as positive. It is tiresome. You are the “yes but what if brigade”. I can tell you it isn’t personal. If it was I certainly wouldn’t be replying on a forum. 

I don’t know if he did find Mills but since he is the scout my assumption that is his job. The new guy from Raith I don’t think is a scout in that sense but more someone who reports on the opposition etc etc. SD will correct me if I am wrong though. 

Think since the new board came in I've only really been critical of DGW and LG and I certainly wasn't in the minority.  In fact in the last few days I've been praising the podcast, Swinney, crunchie initiative but let's not let the facts get in the way.. 

You've gone from 100% everything is sh*t to 100% everything is rosey.  The reality is always somewhere in between.  Hopefully there'll be more for us all to celebrate than criticise in the season ahead.  

1 hour ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

Think since the new board came in I've only really been critical of DGW and LG and I certainly wasn't in the minority.  In fact in the last few days I've been praising the podcast, Swinney, crunchie initiative but let's not let the facts get in the way.. 

You've gone from 100% everything is sh*t to 100% everything is rosey.  The reality is always somewhere in between.  Hopefully there'll be more for us all to celebrate than criticise in the season ahead.  

No I haven’t. However the vast majority was shit before as is now becoming apparent. 
I terms of now Rennie didn’t work out but at least we were not committed any longer than 6 months. I hope someone asks the full story on DGW this week. That needs putting to bed. LG was Rennie and nothing to do with the Board. 

Hoping the lull in announcing further signings is now simply a case of players still under contract and players returning from holiday. 
Looking forward with some optimism to renewing season tickets. 
(Was back in Falkirk yesterday and had a walk round the stadium, parts of the stadium desperately in decline, certainly needing the front facade painted)

16 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Hoping the lull in announcing further signings is now simply a case of players still under contract and players returning from holiday. 
(Was back in Falkirk yesterday and had a walk round the stadium, parts of the stadium desperately in decline, certainly needing the front facade painted)

Council’s responsibility 

12 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Honestly dont think iv ever walked round the stadium and thought "desperate decline". Il need to look closer next time

Wee bit shabby probably a better description.

Wonderful irony that our “new” stadium is described as “desperately in decline” when a large proportion  of the posters on here get a stiffy  at the mention of Brockville!

Edited by Reggie Perrin

59 minutes ago, Springfield said:

If the season tickets are to go on sale on Wednesday then I anticipate a few well timed announcements before then 🙌🏻