The Falkirk FC Thread

Having listened to the full podcast, one thing I’d be doing is trying to make the funds available to get Allan Fraser in on a full-time basis as chief scout as soon as possible.

Recruitment imo is the biggest factor in the success of any football club. It’s incredible we’ve had no one in the chief scout role until recently and for me the money spent on the right person in that role would be a pittance compared to what’s been wasted over the last few years on poor recruitment.

I also got the impression that youth development is definitely not a priority for the club for the next few years. Not saying that’s the right or wrong approach but I’m not really convinced that a part time under 20 squad as was floated would be of worth the trouble. Surely any player at that stage with a full time offer would be choosing that instead. 

13 minutes ago, Hartleys18/19Army said:

Excuse my lack of being in the know but who is still hanging around the club? Isn't it a clean slate now? 

Andy T is the one everyone continually refers to as hanging around like a bad smell I believe.

Edited by FFC 1876

3 hours ago, LatapyBairn. said:

If he has signed for Airdrie we obviously were never in for him, unless the guy maybe wants to remain part time. Agree he doesn’t fit into the profile of the type McGlynn has signed or been rumoured in for this far. 

I love the sheer arrogance that players who sign for another club in this league would've signed for Falkirk if they were offered the choice. Like you have the pick of players over every other club. Its that arrogance that sees you disappointed season after season when you are put in your place by better teams. Maybe, just maybe, players are offered decent terms they're happy with by other teams that aren't a fucking riot. 

3 minutes ago, Glenmavis Diamond said:

I love the sheer arrogance that players who sign for another club in this league would've signed for Falkirk if they were offered the choice. Like you have the pick of players over every other club. Its that arrogance that sees you disappointed season after season when you are put in your place by better teams. Maybe, just maybe, players are offered decent terms they're happy with by other teams that aren't a fucking riot. 

Of course they would - we’re massive 

10 minutes ago, Glenmavis Diamond said:

I was only referring to Airdrie specifically, where did I mention any other team in the league? 9 times out of 10 if Falkirk and Airdrie go for the same player and he’s full time the likelihood is that said player ends up at Falkirk. Bigger club, better wages, bigger fan base ect. All those things are factually accurate. View it as arrogance if you like but at the end of the day these are all quantifiable facts.

Edited by LatapyBairn.

12 minutes ago, Glenmavis Diamond said:

What an absolute state to get yourself into. The vast, vast majority of players who have competing offers will opt for better terms at a bigger club. That's true at any level. If you believe otherwise, you're naive in the extreme. There's myriad clubs in Scotland I'd expect us to lose out to if going head-to-head for a player. Airdrie just don't happen to be one of them.

Being lectured by someone who is spending their 10th consecutive season in League One ha ha ha.

36 minutes ago, Glenmavis Diamond said:

Rattled.

5 hours ago, cb_diamond said:

Thought you were filling all your blanks with our better players from last year (who I was told on this very thread that you would pick off as you please) and Cammy Ballantyne? 😂

5 hours ago, cb_diamond said:

You are "gargantuan" after all 😘

4 hours ago, cb_diamond said:

Once again, you're shooting the messenger, like the debacle and pile on a couple of weeks ago these are not my thoughts. I'm simply recycling musings from your fellow Falkirk fans. 

4 hours ago, cb_diamond said:

Jesus Shadders, I simply pointed out that they had been dropping year on year. A fact I seem to recall you agreeing with. If anything it's you that's went off like a pint of milk left in the sun about it.

49 minutes ago, Glenmavis Diamond said:

KFDdEx.gif

59 minutes ago, Glenmavis Diamond said:

You really took that bait? Really? When you take a chew of bait like that, it’s because you really want it to be true. You really want there to be this broad brush of navy blue arrogance at play.

There really isn’t. Tilting at windmills.

Good grief I really needed to hear that podcast. I never realised how much till I did. 

I've been drifting gradually from the club for years now for many reasons, some personal but many due to awful decisions made by the club - losing ownership of land/stadium, closing academy, terrible board, treating fans with contempt,  appointing a DOF in tier 3, appointing an arrogant, useless individual in Gary Holt...i could go on.

For the first time in an age, post the podcast I actually feel like we might, just might be moving in the right direction.

Thankyou to all involved in putting the podcast together,  especially JS who came across brilliantly. This kind of detailed, clear, positive communication is definitely the way to go. keep it coming please!

Edited by bridge of allan bairn

2 hours ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Having listened to the full podcast, one thing I’d be doing is trying to make the funds available to get Allan Fraser in on a full-time basis as chief scout as soon as possible.

Recruitment imo is the biggest factor in the success of any football club. It’s incredible we’ve had no one in the chief scout role until recently and for me the money spent on the right person in that role would be a pittance compared to what’s been wasted over the last few years on poor recruitment.

I also got the impression that youth development is definitely not a priority for the club for the next few years. Not saying that’s the right or wrong approach but I’m not really convinced that a part time under 20 squad as was floated would be of worth the trouble. Surely any player at that stage with a full time offer would be choosing that instead. 

I understood the 20s to be necessary in order to keep our 16s and 18s meaning when we need to ramp it up in 2/3 years time and have more age groups to meet the next level up criteria we're not starting from scratch.  Too big a gap between 18s and first team so hopefully the 20s will see us bring through a player or two in those years.  A calculated gamble I think is the approach.  

2 hours ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Not sure what the story is with Allan Fraser.  I posted asking who he was back in July 2021 as he was claiming to be 'Falkirk FC Chief Scout' on LinkedIN.  So his involvement doesn't seem to be recent.  But if thats the case then what transfers has he actually been involved in?  Even now, the signings look very much to be McGlynns.  I agree we need a chief scout but this guy seems more like a ghost?  

4 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

Not sure what the story is with Allan Fraser.  I posted asking who he was back in July 2021 as he was claiming to be 'Falkirk FC Chief Scout' on LinkedIN.  So his involvement doesn't seem to be recent.  But if thats the case then what transfers has he actually been involved in?  Even now, the signings look very much to be McGlynns.  I agree we need a chief scout but this guy seems more like a ghost?  

Ghost? He has been all over, including England, looking at players just as he was when he worked for the club before. How do you know the players we have signed are not his recommendations? I am not saying they are, we just don’t know. 

Wonder how much it would cost to replace the pitch after next season with grass or the hybrid. Would it be worth the BFL or FFS money going towards that or would it need way more than that, I’ve no got a clue with regards to these things.

22 minutes ago, Glenmavis Diamond said:

Yes, you clearly are. 6 triggered  responses in 5 minutes. Too easy. 😂

Good start to your Falkirk bingo card:

Multiple quick responses... Check

Shadwell Dog rattles on about attendances...

Marshmallow give you red dots ...

Sick boy appears with a non witty word vomit response that even embarrasses his fellow fans....

2 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Ghost? He has been all over, including England, looking at players just as he was when he worked for the club before. How do you know the players we have signed are not his recommendations? I am not saying they are, we just don’t know. 

For them to have been his recommendations he'd have to have been all over England etc to unearth Coll Donaldson.  Was he involved in Holts signings last year?  Doesn't seem likely either.  

Just so it's abundantly clear,  I'm not having a go at the board here so no need to get all defensive.  

Just genuinely wondering why our chief scout seems to have been at the club for over a year and we don't seem to have unearthed any gems. Not sure many fans would be aware of his movements or that he'd been all over England etc based on the signings we've made that's all.  

7 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Wonder how much it would cost to replace the pitch after next season with grass or the hybrid. Would it be worth the BFL or FFS money going towards that or would it need way more than that, I’ve no got a clue with regards to these things.

Good point.

Being looked at.